AFL XV

Remove this Banner Ad

This'll sound bizarre.

But how about....

IDEA TWO
All teams are to buddy up with another team for the Lite Comp. AFL 9's so-called because there are only 9 teams (18 teams playing in partnerships). So eg, Sydney and GWS together vs Geelong and Melbourne together. That'd be 36 players a team. Much congestion/thrills and spills.
Scam.. would be better to see rivals team together. Geelong and Hawthorn own ya all ahaha.

Which would make

Geelong+Hawthorn
North+Melbourne
St.Kilda+Bulldogs

///the obvious
Port/Crows
GWS/Syd
Freo/WCE
GCS/Brisbane

Bingo. Well done. That concept would be fun viewing. 36 per team on one field. No chance for that "keepings off" game-style. Would give all teams a good hit-out before the season proper.

Bingo. Well done. That concept would be fun viewing. 36 per team on one field. No chance for uncontested marking.
Would be a bit unfair to see Hawthorn and Geelong first on the ladder for another 10 years :p

Geelong Hawthorn
Essendon Richmond
Fremantle West Coast
Collingwood Carlton
---------------------------
Adelaide Port
North Melbourne
GWS Sydney
Brisbane Gold Coast
St. Kilda Bulldogs

Would be a bit unfair to see Hawthorn and Geelong first on the ladder for another 10 years :p

Geelong Hawthorn
Essendon Richmond
Fremantle West Coast
Collingwood Carlton
---------------------------
Adelaide Port
North Melbourne
GWS Sydney
Brisbane Gold Coast
St. Kilda Bulldogs

Well, they would both win the grand final and lose it in the same year :cool:

I read that and was thinking what then I got it omg.

Curious since you registered in 05 did you go for Sydney before GWS evolved?
I'm a staunch Port Adelaide lifetime supporter who is an avid follower of GWS, who will adopt Tasmania when they join, and who barracks for Carlton, but who also equally likes Hawthorn and Fremantle, has a strong soft-spot for Adelaide, West Coast, and Richmond, but also doesn't mind rooting for North Melbourne, Essendon, Collingwood, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Geelong, St Kilda, Sydney, Melbourne, and Footscray.

I'm a staunch Port Adelaide lifetime supporter who is an avid follower of GWS, who will adopt Tasmania when they join, and who barracks for Carlton, but who also equally likes Hawthorn and Fremantle, has a strong soft-spot for Adelaide, West Coast, and Richmond, but also doesn't mind rooting for North Melbourne, Essendon, Collingwood, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Geelong, St Kilda, Sydney, Melbourne, and Footscray.

Off topic, but why do you say the USA term of 'rooting' which has a totally different meaning in Australia.
What's wrong with the local lingo and just say 'barrack' or 'barracking'?

Off topic, but why do you say the USA term of 'rooting' which has a totally different meaning in Australia.
What's wrong with the local lingo and just say 'barrack' or 'barracking'?
Re-read my post. I distinctly posted that I barrack for Carlton while rooting for North Melbourne, Essendon, Collingwood, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Geelong, St Kilda, Sydney, Melbourne, and Footscray. But I also detailed that I am a staunch Port lifetime supporter as well as an avid follower of GWS, whilst also equally liking Hawthorn and Fremantle, as well as having a strong soft-spot for Adelaide, West Coast and Richmond. I mean really, I couldn't have been more precise.

Which is exactly what the AFL is trying NOT to do with limited interchange. Slow down the players and reduce the congestion and stoppages.
Which is a direct reaction to their efforts in trying to speed the game up, with things like not having to wait for flags to be waved after behinds, etc.

The point is - the continued changing of rules has led to more reactive rule changing, which in turn has left the game unrecognisable from the one played even 20 years ago.

Let's just leave the bloody thing alone, once and for all, eh?

agree...

fwiw my opinion is you should only be allowed to interchange during a stop in play ... (like bball where the interchange came from in the first place) ..

one day someone is going to be cleaned up proper not expecting a player coming off the interchange gate during play

Re-read my post. I distinctly posted that I barrack for Carlton while rooting for North Melbourne, Essendon, Collingwood, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Geelong, St Kilda, Sydney, Melbourne, and Footscray. But I also detailed that I am a staunch Port lifetime supporter as well as an avid follower of GWS, whilst also equally liking Hawthorn and Fremantle, as well as having a strong soft-spot for Adelaide, West Coast and Richmond. I mean really, I couldn't have been more precise.

Yeah, ok. But why 'rooting'?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 vs 5 handball only match in the centre square would produce some brilliant quick reflexes and running. Which team would be the best?

I actually wouldn't mind that (I assume you mean the last team to touch the ball before it goes over the boundary give a free away). Would make players try to keep the ball in at all times rather than use the 'safety' of the boundary line and would also make it a bit more free flowing. You'd could also keep the throw ins if the ball goes out in a contest like a spoil if you don't want to get rid of them altogether.

Should just be a hand-ball in.

But if you concede the boundary in your defensive half then the attackers get a kick in - continuing on from this, if you concede the boundary in your attacking half the defenders get a kick in. Between the arcs is a handball

Too much like soccer?

This'll sound bizarre.

But how about....

IDEA ONE
Three teams on the field at one time. AFL 3's so-called because of this. That should congest the field more, would be mayhemic, pretty ingenious idea too. Three sets of goalposts obviously spread about equal distance.

IDEA TWO
All teams are to buddy up with another team for the Lite Comp. AFL 9's so-called because there are only 9 teams (18 teams playing in partnerships). So eg, Sydney and GWS together vs Geelong and Melbourne together. That'd be 36 players a team. Much congestion/thrills and spills.
You're an ideas man.

Please don't tell me you post in half of those..

So that the teams are even:

Adelaide Eagles
North Melbourne Blues
Collingwood Demons
Essendon Bulldogs
Port Adelaide Dockers
St. Kilda Cats
Hawthorn Tigers
Brisbane Giants
Sydney Suns

Just a guess but I like doing these so..

1. Hawthorn Tigers (That midfield would be unbeatable).
2. Port Adelaide Dockers (Good pair IMO).
3. Adelaide Eagles (Had setbacks in 2013; should be both be inbetween 6-8 in 2014).
4. North Melbourne Blues (North bad 2013; should be top 6 in 2013. Blues to drop but also they're rebuilding, sorta, not so bad).
--------------------------------
5. Sydney Suns (Rate North/Carlton over Suns which keeps Sydney down).
6. Essendon Bulldogs (Essendon with young gun bulldogs).
7. Collingwood Demons (Because I think Dee's>Saints and Cats are going to have a Collingwood 2013 year in 2014).
8. St. Kilda Cats (Geelong know how to make young players stars so if this was realistic would be very good in 3 years).
9. Brisbane Giants (Because most likely these two will be in the bottom three this year and this team isn't even fair).

Please don't tell me you post in half of those..
Actually I don't post in any of them. Would refuse to as well. Just insist that I publicly declare my rooting for them all.

I like this idea of partnering teams together that you and pazza are doing, the different strengths/weaknesses you could derive from them.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL XV

Remove this Banner Ad

Back