Aflq News Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
my ladder prediction is. well it will be pretty useless. seeing last year i tipped labrador to street the field

morningside premiers
southport runnerup
broadie
mt gravatt
redlands
brisbane like usual they wont take this comp seriously
thunder
aspley
labrador
sherwood

aspley will be a better team than people think. broadie will give it a good shake this year

James Charlesworth, Tom Salter, Zeb Graham, Nick Hill and Kyle Chamberlain all to Redland Bombers from Tasmania.
didnt this guy play at aspley a few years back.

if it is the guy i am thinking he played 2s i hope the others are better than him

southport
mt gravatt
thunder
morningside
broadbeach
aspley
lions
redlands
labrador
sherwood

sandgate
pbc
surfers
burleigh
noosa
SPRINGWOOD on lennys advise toot toot
mayne
coolangatta
northshore
wilson grange

aspley
wynumm
university
caloundra
alex hills
cooparoo
yeronga
caboolture
kenmore

yes, you are all big girls

whats with all the haters of the Western Maggies (they haven't been sherwood for more than 10 years) everyone has them last, yeah they will struggle but won't finish last, and Kenmore have picked up the Plumber brothers who from all reports are guns as well as a decent swathe of ex-state league players, anyone on here from Div 3? There are rumours Moorooka will be playing thirds this year....

State League Div 1
Mt Gravatt
Morningside
Southport
Lions
Broadbeach
NT Thunder
Redlands
Aspley
Sherwood
Labrador​

Top 3 will be sorted between Mounties, Siders and Southport. The rest is up for grabs. Will be tight from 4th to 10th. Interesting to see how the bombers go this year, have had tough times recently, would be good to see them possibly sneak in for some finals footy, not out of the question.​

State League Div 2
Palm Beach
Burleigh
Surfers
Sandgate
Noosa
Coolangatta
Northshore
Springwood
Grange
Mayne​

Know little about the comp but this is how i see it with what i do know. love to see the pumas slowly rise back up the ladder. stiff not to have a premiership to there name yet after 2-3 glamour years with easdown, heath, sullivan etc​

State Association Div 1
Coorparoo
Wynnum
Caloundra
Aspley
University
Yeronga
Alex Hills
Kenmore
Caboolture​

Kings are sure to be a surprise packet. have recruited some gems, lookin good on the track. plenty of numbers out there, coorparoo are on the rise.
Wynnum and Caloundra are always solid in this competition, will be around the mark yet again with Aspley also lookin in a good position to be up there, having some good players around from the 08 reserves grand final team.​

09' looks to be a ripper year in all leagues. No premierships will be coming too easy it seems.​

James Charlesworth, Tom Salter, Zeb Graham, Nick Hill and Kyle Chamberlain all to Redland Bombers from Tasmania.
didnt this guy play at aspley a few years back.

if it is the guy i am thinking he played 2s i hope the others are better than him

Charlesworth is quality. vfl state squad last year. unsure if he played tho.
salter some say unlucky not to get drafted.
as for other three, not too much too get excited about!!

Is there a couple of young tassie boys also at aspley? williams and shade can anyone confirm how they are travelling?

i am going to go out on a limb with the pineapple hotel cup

my ladder and i think this will happen this year

sandgate premier and minor premiers and all brisbane fans want them into the gf first so the game will be played at zillmere
surfers runnerup
pbc. this mob arent unbeatable any more and i doubt carey will play
noosa
maroochy
cooly
grange
mayne
burliegh
springwood

state a div 1

aspley will be the cut above
caloundra hurting bad from last year
wynnum
coorparoo
yeronga
kenmore
uni
alex hills
caboulture

i am going to go out on a limb with the pineapple hotel cup

my ladder and i think this will happen this year

sandgate premier and minor premiers and all brisbane fans want them into the gf first so the game will be played at zillmere
surfers runnerup
pbc. this mob arent unbeatable any more and i doubt carey will play
noosa
maroochy
cooly
grange
mayne
burliegh
springwood

state a div 1

aspley will be the cut above
caloundra hurting bad from last year
wynnum
coorparoo
yeronga
kenmore
uni
alex hills
caboulture

marrochy a bit high on the ladder damo??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the whole competition will be a lot closer then you think.

as i said. pbc arent going to be the clear cut in this comp any more. surfers are going to be the team from the gold coast that will be the team to beat from down there. we want sandgate to make it in first, so the gf isnt played down the coast. i think sandgate will win the flag. zorba and co will be better team for last years run

i think you are highly over-rating sandgate and under-rating PBC damo. sandgate will battle it out for a top 4 spot. PBC are a class football side with highly experienced and well drilled players. Sandgate have a lot of over the hill players (still good players... just may struggle with the ever quickening pace of pineapple hotel cup) and a few decent kids. can't see a flag heading down lemke road yet.

do agree with you though damo on aspley being hard to beat in the state association. majority of the reserves premiership side are there from last year, minus those that have left to caloundra/swans and those having a crack at the state league squad. few of the seniors from last year have also committed. looking promising.

i think you are highly over-rating sandgate and under-rating PBC damo. sandgate will battle it out for a top 4 spot. PBC are a class football side with highly experienced and well drilled players. Sandgate have a lot of over the hill players (still good players... just may struggle with the ever quickening pace of pineapple hotel cup) and a few decent kids. can't see a flag heading down lemke road yet.

do agree with you though damo on aspley being hard to beat in the state association. majority of the reserves premiership side are there from last year, minus those that have left to caloundra/swans and those having a crack at the state league squad. few of the seniors from last year have also committed. looking promising.

from what i saw pbc last year. they are beatable. sandgate nearly knocked them when they were at their best. i reckong they can bring back the trophy to sandgate. thats just my opinion

Charlesworth is quality. vfl state squad last year. unsure if he played tho.
salter some say unlucky not to get drafted.
as for other three, not too much too get excited about!!

Is there a couple of young tassie boys also at aspley? williams and shade can anyone confirm how they are travelling?

Dont underate Zeb Graham - tuff as. Salter OK too buta bit injury proan. Charlesworth is defanite quality.
Williams and Shade are both Tassie mariners and can handle the pace.

maroochydore will have the best midfield in the comp this year. will be playing finals football.

first trial this weekend against noosa. expect an improved showing. (not that they have too much to improve on)

Obviously you fully aware of the sandgate recruiting in the off season. I dare say a few 25-28 yr olds from A grade state league coming on board on top of a mixture of more than a few quality youngsters and experience of Dickfos, Waters, Zorba & Ebs will fit the mould of a good team. Anyways thats the beauty of a forum, everyone is entitled to there opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back