Aflq News

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Tucky 16, Why don't Aspley have a crack at AFLQ . Redlands stepped up to the plate( and I think the best times are yet to come for that club), There is only Zillmere on the North of town. With the strength of your juniors you would quickly become a force. Is it too costly? the salary cap is $100,000. Or is your ground too small? I think Northside should field 2 teams as should the West side have at least one.

The ALFQ want a team in the west.

Grants Brother goes alright for a youngin...;)

As for springwood- $350 a game that is garbage 90% of the senior list are on less then 50 a game...

A pity Brent Evans couldn't have had a better list to back up his coaching efforts a couple of years ago - one of the better players in the comp.

brent evans is back this year after a stint in port melbourne with lots of quality around him. can't give too much away boys....

With everyone talking up the new season i just thought id ask if anyone is actually playing with those teams or associated in other means? Dont have to mention who you are just thought id see how many there were.

Grants Brother goes alright for a youngin...;)

As for springwood- $350 a game that is garbage 90% of the senior list are on less then 50 a game...
I thought I said $300.
are you saying 90% of the list are on under $50 per game?
What are the other 10% on?
Are you on the committee?

300/350 same bull********. 98% of the list are on 100 or less....Not alot of money floating around at Lowe Oval despite teh garbage being posted by nobodies on this forum.

300/350 same bull********. 98% of the list are on 100 or less....Not alot of money floating around at Lowe Oval despite teh garbage being posted by nobodies on this forum.

Ok 2% are on over $100 a game, 8% on from $51 - $100 a game and 90% on $50 or under.

Everyone clear now?

OK , I'm not going to to push this any further. Morphous ,I just was proving my point. Clubs deny they pay their players. over the last 2 years I have heard Dave Menz say (To my face) -"we don't pay our players" Doug Hondo says they do, other clubs deny it, but "Neville nobody" knows better. Clubs pay their players. Without payments a club can't survive. Fact!

OK , I'm not going to to push this any further. Morphous ,I just was proving my point. Clubs deny they pay their players. over the last 2 years I have heard Dave Menz say (To my face) -"we don't pay our players" Doug Hondo says they do, other clubs deny it, but "Neville nobody" knows better. Clubs pay their players. Without payments a club can't survive. Fact!

Fair enough, every club pays its players money but some spread out the money differently then others over their playing group and some clubs spend bigger then others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough, every club pays its players money but some spread out the money differently then others over their playing group and some clubs spend bigger then others.

Most clubs do have contracted players. Wilston Grange do not pay players. That is a fact. 100% incentives. Assists in a great environment.

Freddy Pittorino, who was in the rep sides and Qld country sides each year, travelled from Toowoomba each week for nothing. Great bloke, played in a premiership up in Cairns last year.

Here we go again, W/G is another club I know well. I know a number of their players and one or two of the coaches."We don't pay our players"..... - Neville nobody knows better. And no , I've said enough on this topic. I'm not any divulging information, if you believe W/G don't pay players so be it.

Not just a belief, banana, Grange do not pay their players.

I'm happy to end the topic too, although as monotonous as the discussion can become re player payments, it's certainly an interesting one, particularly to hear of what other clubs' arrangements are.

Most clubs do have contracted players. Wilston Grange do not pay players. That is a fact. 100% incentives. Assists in a great environment.

Freddy Pittorino, who was in the rep sides and Qld country sides each year, travelled from Toowoomba each week for nothing. Great bloke, played in a premiership up in Cairns last year.

I'll believe that if you can prove to me that you are the payroll officer for the club.

I think you can forgive me for being a little sceptical, although a player of importance to the team may just be named in best players each week to compensate?

Well let me explain that Krakouer magic saw my post re Wilston Grange before I deleted it. It was posted for 10 seconds before I edited it to a simple "No comment".I decided that was enough on the subject of playments.
Dougie why attack Redlands? A lot of Springwood players came from there last year.

brent evans is back this year after a stint in port melbourne with lots of quality around him. can't give too much away boys....

Surely can't be much more to add to what's already all revealed on the A$pley website.

Ward, Mugavin (apparently the new groundskeeper and assistant coach), Evans, Cooper, Weller (as in Carl), Hamilton, Nuss, McPhee, O'Donnell, Augosta, plus who knows.

Marto's a good bloke, but I can't see that group turning up for the love of it!

Is there a salary cap in Div 2 or are all these guys working for Mugga's mowing the oval? :D

well i have played up there and i can tell you that all the clubs in state league like morningside and the eagels pay very well and i also know of players in lower div getting good dollars as well don't worry about the eagles crying poor the pay the full salary cap every year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back