Aflq News

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to agree that it's not feasible to be charging admission, and a lot of that has to do with what was mentioned about local footy lacking the community aspect.

It's hard work developing the game at grass roots level in Queensland, and it is dependant entirely on the goodwill of volunteers.

Hey Guys,

Was just wondering how Darin Stewart who played with Broadbeach went this year, i hear he is a smokey for the draft this year

Did you even think before you wrote this,
Most places in Vic dont charge admission at the gate except for finals, and most clubs in Vic would kill for what some of the clubs up here have.
Afl is not the number 1 game up here, it is in Vic, the inroads AFL has made up here is great but a lot more time is needed.
Get down to a Sharks game, they dont win many but have great rooms and a good band of supporters,,, you'll have a great day.

Mate, I have been in and out and back again into QLD since 1982.
I was with QAFL. Trust me, it has gone nowhere in relation to the southern states. Unfourtunatley, the AFL has decreed that thay employ

so read what you will

you are still ############################:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Listen to what people have to offer:):)

Breaking news,

It is amazing that for the second year, AFL Q are sending a youth girls team to Cairns for a round robbin comp and yet there is no news of this on any of the QLD footy sites.

This is typical of AFL q and the AFLBJ .

but blessed our those who get to go

Hail the queen

a big deal was made of a coach. yet the expectations failed, yet previous years they had achieved more.

Smell the roses

it maybe a different flavor

Congratulations to Southport. Just signed a gem from the hampden league in Victoria. Kurt Nikulaus, 2 time Vic Country rep, Absoulute gun CHB. Well Done, Huge recruit early..

I don't know if there is any truth in it (yet) - but the rumour seems a good idea to me, regardless of the clubs involved.

Drop 2 from the Pineapple Hotel Cup for a 10 team comp - drop 2 from the Association Div 1 to keep it as a 10 team comp - bringing 2 extra clubs into Assoc Div 2 for an 8 team comp.

The clubs at the lower tier need a competition of substance - a six team comp is just too small for them.

And 12 clubs in the Pine Hotel Cup (with 19 rounds) is just too unwieldy. Inequitable draws are inevitable.

Seems like a sensible option. Has anyone heard any more about this one?

I don't know if there is any truth in it (yet) - but the rumour seems a good idea to me, regardless of the clubs involved.

Drop 2 from the Pineapple Hotel Cup for a 10 team comp - drop 2 from the Association Div 1 to keep it as a 10 team comp - bringing 2 extra clubs into Assoc Div 2 for an 8 team comp.

The clubs at the lower tier need a competition of substance - a six team comp is just too small for them.

And 12 clubs in the Pine Hotel Cup (with 19 rounds) is just too unwieldy. Inequitable draws are inevitable.

Seems like a sensible option. Has anyone heard any more about this one?
well i can tell you now sandgate r staying where they r
speaking to some of my mates about playing there
i think a team like yeronga has won 2 flags in a row and needs to go back up and test themselves
for the money they spend on players they should go back up and if they go no good come back down
Mayne might need to go down and win a couple of games then they might be able to get some players

well i can tell you now sandgate r staying where they r
speaking to some of my mates about playing there
i think a team like yeronga has won 2 flags in a row and needs to go back up and test themselves
for the money they spend on players they should go back up and if they go no good come back down
Mayne might need to go down and win a couple of games then they might be able to get some players

Who do you know from Sandgate ? Where did you play this year and how sure are you they will be in PHC next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey, that's cool, Goalkicker.

I'm not trying to nominate or suggest any clubs in particular. I'm just saying I've heard something similar to Jorge Horatio's rumour.

But here is what I think: the Pineapple Hotel Comp with 12 clubs (and 19 rounds) is 2 clubs too many; the Association Division 1 Comp with 10 clubs (and 18 rounds) is a perfect structure; the Association Division 2 Comp with 6 clubs (and 18 rounds) is short 2 clubs.

Straight away, we can see that two comps currently have inequitable draws.

But hypothetically, if two clubs were relegated from the Pineapple Hotel Comp to leave a 10 team structure, and two clubs were relegated from Assoc. Div. 1 to maintain a 10 team structure, then Assoc. Div. 2 would become an 8 team comp. Sounds ideal. We need to look after the lower tier clubs, because if more of them become extinct, then the impacts are also felt above. It may not be immediate, but if the foundation is weak, then everything above it will suffer.

Unfortunately, the decision (if the rumour is true) is never going to come down to either you or me. But forget about individual clubs: what do you think of the concept?

Personally, it would be okay with me if all 28 clubs were reassessed to determine their appropriate level of competition - but I think that may be too radical.

What do you think?

Hey, that's cool, Goalkicker.

I'm not trying to nominate or suggest any clubs in particular. I'm just saying I've heard something similar to Jorge Horatio's rumour.

But here is what I think: the Pineapple Hotel Comp with 12 clubs (and 19 rounds) is 2 clubs too many; the Association Division 1 Comp with 10 clubs (and 18 rounds) is a perfect structure; the Association Division 2 Comp with 6 clubs (and 18 rounds) is short 2 clubs.

Straight away, we can see that two comps currently have inequitable draws.

But hypothetically, if two clubs were relegated from the Pineapple Hotel Comp to leave a 10 team structure, and two clubs were relegated from Assoc. Div. 1 to maintain a 10 team structure, then Assoc. Div. 2 would become an 8 team comp. Sounds ideal. We need to look after the lower tier clubs, because if more of them become extinct, then the impacts are also felt above. It may not be immediate, but if the foundation is weak, then everything above it will suffer.

Unfortunately, the decision (if the rumour is true) is never going to come down to either you or me. But forget about individual clubs: what do you think of the concept?

Personally, it would be okay with me if all 28 clubs were reassessed to determine their appropriate level of competition - but I think that may be too radical.

What do you think?
i agree with what your saying but i would like to see teams moving up and down after winning flages for a few years in a row
a team like mayne needs to really play in a level that will help the club and i think mayne should play in the same level as yeronga and i have no doubt that they would only finish mid table

So goalkicker 11 are you thinking of playing down at Sandgate with some of your mates? How many guys are they speaking to and what levels have you played at?

I think the promotion relegation argument is all good in theory and i definately think a northern Brisbane team and a Gold Coast team need to drop down and that will probably create a more even spread of talent across north Brisbane and the Coast as well

Am a Victorian, contemplating playing with Palm Beach next year. Anyone fill me in on there performance from this year, best players, future outlook etc?

Went through indefeated this year, winning the premiership. No-one even looked like beating them this year.

Except for the game against Sandgate that was a big scare when the northerners were in front leading into 3rd quarter finish. That would have been the upset of the year by far. Who you play for Up North

So goalkicker 11 are you thinking of playing down at Sandgate with some of your mates? How many guys are they speaking to and what levels have you played at?

I think the promotion relegation argument is all good in theory and i definately think a northern Brisbane team and a Gold Coast team need to drop down and that will probably create a more even spread of talent across north Brisbane and the Coast as well
sorry won't be playing at sandgate and my mates won't be there either
why would they move to sandgate when aspley is close and has a great set up
played state league up here and also PHC but it wasn't know as that when i played in it, but been down south playing the last couple of years and just moved back

sorry won't be playing at sandgate and my mates won't be there either
why would they move to sandgate when aspley is close and has a great set up
played state league up here and also PHC but it wasn't know as that when i played in it, but been down south playing the last couple of years and just moved back

So why the sudden change of heart hey Goalkicker?
I dont remember implying anyone should leave Aspley and go to Sandgate so i dont know where that came from.

Just so you know, Aspley isnt as great as you make chief. From the amounts of money they spend, one would really think a premiership or two would have been forthcoming, but hey as you say, what a great set up they have. But being known as a club with an "open cheque book" and not delivering is really quite amusing throughout the league. So this is not seen as biased i would like to classify that neither do i play or administer at Sandgate but merely have watched them for close to 20 years

All it takes is a little money and im sure you and many others will be quite suprised with the off season changes at Sandgate, in fact im sure the results will reflect the "donation" they have received.

Have a good one

So why the sudden change of heart hey Goalkicker?
I dont remember implying anyone should leave Aspley and go to Sandgate so i dont know where that came from.

Just so you know, Aspley isnt as great as you make chief. From the amounts of money they spend, one would really think a premiership or two would have been forthcoming, but hey as you say, what a great set up they have. But being known as a club with an "open cheque book" and not delivering is really quite amusing throughout the league. So this is not seen as biased i would like to classify that neither do i play or administer at Sandgate but merely have watched them for close to 20 years

All it takes is a little money and im sure you and many others will be quite suprised with the off season changes at Sandgate, in fact im sure the results will reflect the "donation" they have received.

Have a good one
wasn't having a go at sandgate
all i meant was that aspley is just as close and it has a good club
i hope sandgate gets everything going again
and my mayes don't play at aspley now

wasn't having a go at sandgate
all i meant was that aspley is just as close and it has a good club
i hope sandgate gets everything going again
and my mayes don't play at aspley now

Nah your right brother. What suburb you from? Aspley is not a bad club but word is out on the money they spend and one would think a premiership or two would be forthcoming. Not having a go back at Aspley either mate. Hope you have a good year next.Do you know anything about the make up of the comp next year? Im hearing Caloundra is being moved up???

Nah your right brother. What suburb you from? Aspley is not a bad club but word is out on the money they spend and one would think a premiership or two would be forthcoming. Not having a go back at Aspley either mate. Hope you have a good year next.Do you know anything about the make up of the comp next year? Im hearing Caloundra is being moved up???
Not sure whats happening with the comp next year but i think if anyone is to go up it should be yeronga as i have said before
once a team has won 2 flages in a row they should move up
and we all know that the devils don't mind spending some good money to win flages against teams that can't even pay players
i live on the northside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back