Aflq News

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure whats happening with the comp next year but i think if anyone is to go up it should be yeronga as i have said before
once a team has won 2 flages in a row they should move up
and we all know that the devils don't mind spending some good money to win flages against teams that can't even pay players
i live on the northside

Yeah thats a fair call too Goalkicker. Im just seeing on the sunny coast thread here that Caloundra is of the belief that they are moving up next year. Where are your mates playing at now mate?

Im guessing your a forward by your profile name. How many you kick last season and what comp you play man

I have just had contact with my sources within AFLQ and they have advised me that the PHC is looking like a 12 team comp with 18 rounds. A review of 2007 and 2008 structures meeting is being held on Monday the 29th of October when clubs have the oppurtunity to declare there intentions going forward.

As yet unsure of the teams that may be up for promotion/relegation but will keep all posted.

Yeah thats a fair call too Goalkicker. Im just seeing on the sunny coast thread here that Caloundra is of the belief that they are moving up next year. Where are your mates playing at now mate?

Im guessing your a forward by your profile name. How many you kick last season and what comp you play man

Had a bad run with injury last year so didn't kick many
and played all over the place
i'm going to look at playing state league this year
in the process of getting all my injurys in order

State league div 1 or 2 bud? Definately wont be any changes to the PHC this year. AFLQ are more interested in teams leaving the comp then admitting any new teams.Even though their preference is for a 10 team comp over 18 rounds so home and away against each team. The stakeholders of AFLQ do not want anymore then 10 teams, so you can pretty much say no chan ges this year. I will be able to confirm next week on Tuesday

I was wondering if any knew if there was any truth to the rumour that Mayne & Sandgate wont be in the Pineapple Hotel cup next year.

Not sure what the thinking is at the AFLQ, when they created a 8 team state league and a 12 team Pineapple Cup with only one State league team north of the river, causing the reduction of pathways for juniors on the Northside. I await with interest on what happens and seeing their long term strategies are.

I was wondering if I could get some info. I am possibly moving to the Mackay region at the start of next year and may be looking to continue playing football up there. I was just curious of what the standard of football is like up there? Is it a strong or weaker league?

Im from NSW/Vic region. Was wondering if anyone could tell me how the Mackay league compares to say the Hume, Tallangatta or O&M leagues down here? Maybe what clubs to look at and who to say away from.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Believe that the League Div 1 & 2 2007 Review meeting is on at Coorparoo this evening.

The Association meeting is to be held on Thursday night.

It would be great if someone who attends tonight's meeting can post some of the "highlights" discussed.

Thanks.

Believe that the League Div 1 & 2 2007 Review meeting is on at Coorparoo this evening.

The Association meeting is to be held on Thursday night.

It would be great if someone who attends tonight's meeting can post some of the "highlights" discussed.

Thanks.

You would believe correct. Nothing much will change at tonights meeting but i will do my best to "source" out the information. Sandagte and Mayne wont be going anywhere unless Mayne asks to be dropped. Caloundra wont be silly enough to attempt to go up and well Yeronga, i believe are quite content to shoot for 3 in a row in association division

Thanks, Jorge.

I'm expecting "status quo" too - but you never know sometimes.

A few people have mentioned Caloundra over the past few weeks, so I'm wondering if they have organised something.

You are quite right - Yeronga is staying where we are (regardless of any ruminations of our motives).

Thanks again.

I was wondering if I could get some info. I am possibly moving to the Mackay region at the start of next year and may be looking to continue playing football up there. I was just curious of what the standard of football is like up there? Is it a strong or weaker league?

Im from NSW/Vic region. Was wondering if anyone could tell me how the Mackay league compares to say the Hume, Tallangatta or O&M leagues down here? Maybe what clubs to look at and who to say away from.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Have spoken to a mate who has played up at Mackay. He has played both Murray & Picola leagues, and says the standard of the football in Mackay would be in between both of these leagues. He said it would probably be around the standard of the Tallangatta league.

The seventeenth license: The South Port Sharks. Forget the old Vic mentality, get behind Qld, just like Port Adelaide, the most succesful club down there,yet denied for years to join, and since they joined , they proved that they can can match it.
:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

just curios, who is running the opposite sex footy in brisvegas?
word has it that the third gender in human evolution has a big say.

what did Adrian say, something about comfertable shoes?

be wary of who looks after the future

:eek::eek::eek:

As an old Grange player (a few years ago now), i would liek to know how they might go next year, and if they have any potential signings that could make a differecen?

They have always been a decent club, but cant manage to crack the really big games.

Would like to see them have a big couple of years and finally win one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The seventeenth license: The South Port Sharks. Forget the old Vic mentality, get behind Qld, just like Port Adelaide, the most succesful club down there,yet denied for years to join, and since they joined , they proved that they can can match it.
:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
Spot on Fomoco.
Take it from me. There will be a big push on the Gold Coast this coming year by the AFL. If the Kangas don't want it the Sharks are a cert. Thats better for QLD football. The Bulletin give the Sharks good publicity already. The residents of the Gold Coast will prefer the Sharks more so to the Kangas.But either way an AFL team on the GC is inevitable.
Kangaroos- Move it. Or lose it. The choice is a no brainer.

As an old Grange player (a few years ago now), i would liek to know how they might go next year, and if they have any potential signings that could make a differecen?

They have always been a decent club, but cant manage to crack the really big games.

mate looks as though grange should be able to retain most of their list and with the coach andrew morrison having his first full pre season planned out and having a few connections around the place could be a good year to go to the next step, seen a few of there games and were in the hunt just dropped off in the last and let the gates open got a mate who plays there and few of the vic guys might get there mates to come up but as with everything this time of year the rumor mill is working over time but get on board

They have a bit of success in the minor grades but struggle to compete at the upper end because they don't pay players, only incentives.

I recall seeing them play a Division 3 GF once where this bloke ran (well more like ambled) into an open goal and missed from the top of the square. Very funny. Did you happen to see this yourself?

Have spoken to a mate who has played up at Mackay. He has played both Murray & Picola leagues, and says the standard of the football in Mackay would be in between both of these leagues. He said it would probably be around the standard of the Tallangatta league.

Thank you for your reply Up North. Does any one have any other information or experiences?

Thanks for the info guys... hopefully they can manage to come through with a good solid year.

Is always tough when players aren't paid... but Grange was a good club, and once there, not many left.

I did see that game. It was an easy shot and he just shanked it... was prett funny. Im sure he would have copped heaps for that, and they were lucky to win it. That guys was actually a pretty decent footballer, just lazy!! Played many senior games for the club, then couldn't be bothered training and got fat!! He always had a laugh though.

Cheers for the info:D

Two steps forward,one step back. Rumour has it that Redlands committee weren't totaly happy with the way Gary Odgers was coaching.
And now are faced with finding a new coach. After the great work done over the last year, the Bombers will again seek a new coach.Pity the incumbent coach,as thats at least a half dozen in 7 years. Me thinks the committee should also coach the team maybe.

Two steps forward,one step back. Rumour has it that Redlands committee weren't totaly happy with the way Gary Odgers was coaching.
And now are faced with finding a new coach. After the great work done over the last year, the Bombers will again seek a new coach.Pity the incumbent coach,as thats at least a half dozen in 7 years. Me thinks the committee should also coach the team maybe.

That's a real shame if true as it seemed they had actually turned the corner this year.

Turned the corner by winning one game? (the last one of the year)

Ha ha, fair call.... don't get me wrong, they have a long way to go. I just meant that it seemed they had started to play well as a side and the results probably weren't too far away. Admittedly, they do need quite a few quality experienced players (50-100 gamers).

They have a very young list, and don't really seem to attract the spread of top-line recruits other sides seem to be able to get. That is probably because of their playing record over the past few years. There is a massive age gap between their more experienced players and the rest of the playing group, with the average age being around 20.

But when these younger guys have played 50-100 games together, they will be quite a good side, in my opinion. Admittedly this may be another year or two away, but i think on their behalf, it's starting to look up.

A mate of mine has just let me know that all is "Status Quo" with the PHC for next season. It will encompass same teams as this year with an 18 round comp.Only difference being the finals system will go from top 8 to top 5 which will be of greater benefit. Looking forward to a good year. Can anyone post any recruiting news or anything thats going on in the pre-season.Cheers

A mate of mine has just let me know that all is "Status Quo" with the PHC for next season. It will encompass same teams as this year with an 18 round comp.Only difference being the finals system will go from top 8 to top 5 which will be of greater benefit. Looking forward to a good year. Can anyone post any recruiting news or anything thats going on in the pre-season.Cheers

aspley had anywhere between 40-50 at there first night
went down to see how many they had

aspley had anywhere between 40-50 at there first night
went down to see how many they had

Shit thats not too bad for first night Goalkicker.You made plans for which club your gonna play for yet bud. Most teams dont start training till last week of November or first week of December, Aspley must be really keen this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back