Aflq News

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not sure i understand..... you acknowledge the club for having done tremendous things, yet they are still classed as disappointing because people talked them up????????? & arrogance, im unsure how that works lenny, but as usual we will agree to disagree. The difference with your club Lenny, is the fact you werent turfed out of your home ground and club and had to survive using another teams facilities, yet still had a season that would go done as one of the worst in PHC history. Im sure there are reasons for this but pretty sure one should get there own place in order before having a crack at others..... seems this is a well worn path with us. I for one would not be having at crack at pumaland as you put it if talk starts, as i would appreciate the mood swing in the guys from actually being competitive week in wek out next season. You will appreciate the feeling and i hope you guys do have a much better year next year.

In regards to people posting rumours and not having sources or dont play, im sure whilst QLD FOOTY is sure he knows all, without knowing who is behind the user names, i would suggest maybe not having a crack at someone whom you really arent sure of their credentials to post their opinion. In saying that, this is a public forum and if you didnt get all sorts of people, it wouldnt be classified as so
There is a lot of talk about how some teams under performed in the 08 season - what about Ladbrador - so much talent so little result - any thoughts as to what went wrong?

There is a lot of talk about how some teams under performed in the 08 season - what about Ladbrador - so much talent so little result - any thoughts as to what went wrong?

from what i heard during the year. the players werent happy with the way the coach went about it every week. i dont know if its true, but he got the arse as soon as the season finished.

i saw today benny mac is retiring from southport. i think everyone knows he is more than likely going to surfers. he is a big loss for them. but they got sinclair who was a really good recruit for them this year

I wasn't having a crack, as you said I"m in the worst position to be able to do so.

But the arrogance - both onfield from the players, as well as from the fans, was almost at Palmy levels. I accept that being 200 points down means you're going to cop shit, but Sandgate as a whole were almost as bad as Palmy both times we played.

Too true there. Jorge, I give full credit (see my previous post) to Sandgates turnaround but gotta say playing in front of that crowd on the hill at sandgate
Is about as bad as it gets in football

It would be going abit far saying we are up there with palmy in regards to the crowd, but obviously with what we have been through and to finally be winning more often lifts the spirits and obviously the faithful find abit more voice.. The aspley boys would surely agree there because they have a pretty passionate couple of ute loads in that scoreboard pocket most home games. Also I dont recall any clubs holding back on us when we where on the end of our many hidings over last few seasons.. I am interested to no what makes it 'as bad as it gets in football', from being either on the field or on the hill i can't really recall anything that would have been out of line at other clubs.

Don't we spend a great deal of time discussing the 2nd div comp on this forum. It's probably due to the apathy of Velocity cup supporters (other than damo). :thumbsdown: :D

What are the real issues in AFLQ footy - lets talk about them.

- Will Labrador pick themselves off the mat?
- Can the Southport Sharks cope without Ben Mc, Doggy and Jenkins?
- Who is coaching Broadbeach?
- Are Redland rejoicing at the introduction of Wests & Aspley?
- Is Jeff White joining his brother or playing down the coast?
- Can Aspley attract most of the Eagles group and at least be competitive?
- Will Wests have an impact in 2009?
- Where do we think the NT boys will finish in 2009?
- Will Copeland stay in Qld and who with?
- Can Mt Gravatt keep all those egos in control, plus possibly Chris Smith & Vearing and again dominate the comp?
- Will Morningside pick-up Ferret, the Doc and Spurr from SA?
- Where will Murray Davis be in 2009?

2009 is shaping as a big year

Don't we spend a great deal of time discussing the 2nd div comp on this forum. It's probably due to the apathy of Velocity cup supporters (other than damo). :thumbsdown: :D

- Will Labrador pick themselves off the mat? Wouldn't count on that happening sounds like some egos need to be sorted before they improve
- Can the Southport Sharks cope without Ben Mc, Doggy and Jenkins? yes look for a new list jam packed with quality bubbling on the edge of the cap
- Who is coaching Broadbeach? ???? any chance it could be M.Davis
- Are Redland rejoicing at the introduction of Wests & Aspley? Need to make sure they improve before they will be rejoicing as wests and aspley will get a strong starting list
- Is Jeff White joining his brother or playing down the coast? Coast is my tip
- Can Aspley attract most of the Eagles group and at least be competitive? This one is interesting could make it for Aspley or could create a year of eating from a wooden spoon perhaps.
- Will Wests have an impact in 2009? not to sure they will make finals but will be competitive
- Where do we think the NT boys will finish in 2009? top of the table and loose the granny to Mount Gravatt
- Will Copeland stay in Qld and who with? if he doesn't get drafted count on him at aspley
- Can Mt Gravatt keep all those egos in control, plus possibly Chris Smith & Vearing and again dominate the comp? egos are harder to control than two pitbulls and a rat dog stuck in the middle. not sure what Smith is doing but could end up anywhere. QLD lions or aspley did play some juniors and has mates playing there.
- Will Morningside pick-up Ferret, the Doc and Spurr from SA? if you say yes i believe you oddball
- Where will Murray Davis be in 2009? Does murry have a job with an U18s rep side? Can coach and will get a job with a club just not sure where. Morningside for me.

One thing for sure carlton will make the finals, if not i will buy you all a beer

I am interested to no what makes it 'as bad as it gets in football', from being either on the field or on the hill i can't really recall anything that would have been out of line at other clubs.

Yes you do have passionate supporters, but when it comes to racially taunting the PNG boys we had playing for us, it becomes pretty ordinary. Some of the things players/supporters said to some of them were out of line.

racial taunting is taking it a bit far, but other than that a little bit of crowd involvemnet can be fun, some supporters come up with some interesting stuff

Yes you do have passionate supporters, but when it comes to racially taunting the PNG boys we had playing for us, it becomes pretty ordinary. Some of the things players/supporters said to some of them were out of line.

That is pretty serious, why wasn't anything reported during the game if that happened? im guessing ur a cooly boy as they have a few of the PNG lads playing there?

That is pretty serious, why wasn't anything reported during the game if that happened? im guessing ur a cooly boy as they have a few of the PNG lads playing there?

When the boys react the way they do by getting angry, the umpires see them as starting a fight. It's the old case of the retaliator that gets caught. One bloke certainly got a smack in the mouth for his trouble. Anyway, that's all in the past, I'm sure there's better things to talk about.

When the boys react the way they do by getting angry, the umpires see them as starting a fight. It's the old case of the retaliator that gets caught. One bloke certainly got a smack in the mouth for his trouble. Anyway, that's all in the past, I'm sure there's better things to talk about.

Up North hahahaha i know thats not the only reason, surely, that they tend to play with a bit of anger. The boys love their footy , no doubt about it, but they do show control issues onfield as well, not only against opposition but umpires and there own players,, am i correct or is this an outsiders naive view? Having played against coolie many times, whilst i in no way advocate racism, im sure there has been a two way street???

Like you said though, im sure things will stay amicable in the future, but will have to agree to disagree and wonder if this highlighted issue is something faced against all clubs your team has faced or an indication of only one small pocket of people from one club??? I would be offended to hear those comments levelled at players without some sort of proof that this matter was only instigated by one party. After all, how many clubs in our comp tend to screen local "supporters", as i know rogue people will turn up to all grounds every weekend with eskies, utes and hung over people looking to kick start saturday night festivities and no better way to start then bagging the opponents of a mate who plays for the local side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Up North hahahaha i know thats not the only reason, surely, that they tend to play with a bit of anger. The boys love their footy , no doubt about it, but they do show control issues onfield as well, not only against opposition but umpires and there own players,, am i correct or is this an outsiders naive view? Having played against coolie many times, whilst i in no way advocate racism, im sure there has been a two way street???

Like you said though, im sure things will stay amicable in the future, but will have to agree to disagree and wonder if this highlighted issue is something faced against all clubs your team has faced or an indication of only one small pockett of people from one club??? I would be offended to hear those comments levelled at players without some sort of proof that this matter was only instigated by one party. After all, how many clubs in our comp tend to screen local "supporters", as i know rogue people will turn up to all grounds every weekend with eskies, utes and hung over people looking to kick start saturday night festivities and no better way to start then bagging the opponents of a mate who plays for the local side

You're right, anger has been a problem with a couple of them at times. My comment was never aimed at putting allegations toward a player. It was only to state, that in my opinion, the crowd at Sandgate was the worst I'd played in front of. I'm sure many would disagree with me.

has anyone heard who is coaching labrador next year? With some of the players they got it could be a nice job to take on. Anyone???

Moving to Bendigo in 2009?

Sandhurst Dragons, Bendigo Football League, looking for interested key position players.

Fantastic facilities, team of trainers and dedicated club doctor, good social club and best ground in central Vic - Bendigo Bombers (VFL) use it, so up to AFL standard.

Send any queries to my mailbox.

Aspley should have recruited D.Dickfos. They were silly not to, seems to be happy at Sandgate. Wonder if they can afford to pay him. Who will be the coaches at the Hornets?

Heard on the grape vine - Adam Yze possible move to the Hornets.

Interesting read in the courier mail last week. intesting to see that Yze has been linked to Aspley. Did anyone else read that.
If it is in the paper it must be true.

- Will Labrador pick themselves off the mat?
- Can the Southport Sharks cope without Ben Mc, Doggy and Jenkins?
- Who is coaching Broadbeach?
- Are Redland rejoicing at the introduction of Wests & Aspley?
- Is Jeff White joining his brother or playing down the coast?
- Can Aspley attract most of the Eagles group and at least be competitive?
- Will Wests have an impact in 2009?
- Where do we think the NT boys will finish in 2009?
- Will Copeland stay in Qld and who with?
- Can Mt Gravatt keep all those egos in control, plus possibly Chris Smith & Vearing and again dominate the comp?
- Will Morningside pick-up Ferret, the Doc and Spurr from SA?
- Where will Murray Davis be in 2009?

ive read that mathew argus has signed with aspley and a few more. do you think the zillmere boys will follow them to aspley?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back