Aflq News

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm relatively new to QLD footy, and don't know much about the rivalries etc. I do know a few of the senior Zillmere boys, and know that a lot of them will not be going to Aspley. I know of about 4 that have said they'd rather go to Morningside or Sandgate.

Too true Up North. Just to fill you, the rivalries on the northside do not get much bigger then Sandgate V aspley. But to be honest no-one playing footy for a northside team unless they have been aspley players previously really have much time for the club. Alot of boys at Aspley will get noses out of joint to when being made to step aside. Interesting times, considering its now from what ive heard an intention of Sandgate to field a 3rds team next season. Is there a new player surplus expected on top of the 60 odd player numbers this year?????????????

i think that aspley will throw money around as they usually do and in the end that might get some of the kids to go there, but whether they play for the right reasons is another questions.. sandgate looking good jorge??

Too true Up North. Just to fill you, the rivalries on the northside do not get much bigger then Sandgate V aspley. But to be honest no-one playing footy for a northside team unless they have been aspley players previously really have much time for the club. Alot of boys at Aspley will get noses out of joint to when being made to step aside. Interesting times, considering its now from what ive heard an intention of Sandgate to field a 3rds team next season. Is there a new player surplus expected on top of the 60 odd player numbers this year?????????????

Too true. I think Redland will be happy that Aspley are going up. Jorge, having played against you guys, I was quite impressed by Sandgate this year. You have definitely made huge improvement

Too true. I think Redland will be happy that Aspley are going up. Jorge, having played against you guys, I was quite impressed by Sandgate this year. You have definitely made huge improvement

Ok lets face it Sandgate will get a couple of players that don't want to play state league footy,but any player that wants to play state league footy will talk to all state leagues clubs to see whats on offer and Lakey has already been on the phone so has Blairy to mugavin and ward these 2 will play at the panthers next year, aspley will battle for the next 3 years but with the juniors they have will be a force in 5 years time. we all hate them but in the end aspley are the best chance of a flag heading to northside in the next 10 years in state league.
also they are putting a team in div 1 so how many players will just play in that from the phc this year could be a strong team.

ok it's Oct but i will give you some info let me know how i go in 6 months time
rumours for 2009

The sharks leading goal kicker to move to surfers paradise for a reported 15k salary cap my ass
Mugavin and ward to the panthers
Aspley wooden spoon
D Hawkins from the sharks will be over seas next year
A morrision won't be coaching grange next year
M Davis will be apart of the GC17/u18's in 2009
Ferrit Wilson will shop himslef around but will end up at the panthers
The NT will be top of the table by round 5 but will miss the finals.

and this is the one thing i know is for true is The Bomber's on the coast haven't paid there players for last half of 2008

if anyone else has a rumour put it on here it's good to read, to see what the footy world has to say.

also they are putting a team in div 1 so how many players will just play in that from the phc this year could be a strong team.

G'day QLDFOOTY,

I didn't understand exactly what you meant by this line. Could you provide some more details of what you intended please.

Thanks.

Also, everyone is talking about Aspley moving up - and fair enough. But what is happening to Zillmere as a club? Have they dissolved completely?

i think that aspley will throw money around as they usually do and in the end that might get some of the kids to go there, but whether they play for the right reasons is another questions.. sandgate looking good jorge??

if you are going to throw money around dont you think they will go for some experienced players, maybe players with AFL experience. Like labrador have done??

IMO i seriously think there will be a great benefit to all northern sides in a way. I honestly think obviously Aspley has benefitted in regards to a step up but i reckon Sandgate will be the big winner from this. many people mention Aspley juniors going to Zillmere but forget about the juniors from sandgate. Sandgate and Zillmere have an amicable relationship and ive heard already of several players interested in working with new coach/captain Ben Long (ex eagles player) Danny Dickfos and a host of other ex eagles. With another 60 odd players now looking around it will be hard to see Aspley hold onto all, on top of the already 3 teams fielded by Aspley, which means alot of players will be heading to Sandgate. Mayne is in disarray, Grange is a far hike for players in traffic at training times and i believe your point on prospective juniors staying put is a fair argument. You cant tell me all Sandgate juniors who grew up hating Aspley will head down there to play to be treated differently then they would at their junior home????? Your thoughts????

Jorge i agree aspley will not hoild onto all of the players. im sure they will be targeting a number of there quality players.
in regards to the juniors if they want to play at the highest level and dont want to travel, i believe they will go to aspley, Dave Martin is the coach, who has coached at Zillmere and with a lot of new players required to compete i think their opinions of aspley may change.
So long has been appointed coach, what happened to this years coach?

Jorge i agree aspley will not hoild onto all of the players. im sure they will be targeting a number of there quality players.
in regards to the juniors if they want to play at the highest level and dont want to travel, i believe they will go to aspley, Dave Martin is the coach, who has coached at Zillmere and with a lot of new players required to compete i think their opinions of aspley may change.
So long has been appointed coach, what happened to this years coach?

Nah nothing mate, happily retired after the last seasons game. Ben Long was brought back to his junior club with the full intention of taking over the reigns after serving a somewhat apprenticeship under Bomber Adams. Any avid watches of the team this season would have noticed him taking the midfield team aside prior to the main coach talk each break in a game.He apparently ran alot of drill at team training too. His is an inspirational leader as captain and sandgate really missed him in the last few games this season. Having Dickfos and co is not bad for an up and coming coach as further help.

Bit of different things going around...

Has zillmere merged? or completely gone :confused:
Whats the general feeling with players and coaches and so on at eagles? aspley? or moving elsewhere?
coaching jobs next year? any clubs coachless or looking at replacing last seasons coach? m davis?

G'day QLDFOOTY,

I didn't understand exactly what you meant by this line. Could you provide some more details of what you intended please.

Thanks.

Also, everyone is talking about Aspley moving up - and fair enough. But what is happening to Zillmere as a club? Have they dissolved completely?
this is what I meant ASPLEY ARE FEILDING A TEAM AGAINST YOUR TEAM THE DEVILS mr corless and are paying 30 a game (but I know you pay more don't you TOUCAN SOUP)

LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR REPLY

Bit of different things going around...

Has zillmere merged? or completely gone :confused:
Whats the general feeling with players and coaches and so on at eagles? aspley? or moving elsewhere?
coaching jobs next year? any clubs coachless or looking at replacing last seasons coach? m davis?

Eagles are completely gone. List is dirty on Aspley for not appointing M Davis. Most will be playing elsewhere next year, some of the young ones and the fringe players that wont get a game anywhere else will be at the bumble bees for next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know about you guys, but does this seam like the Eagles players are a little bit cocky. Would Aspley really want that? If M.Davis is such a good coach he will get appointed elsewhere. So what clubs are going up into the PHC? Could be a short league this year...

Not cocky at all. Eagles is no more, players will get to choose where they decide to play. And I dont think aspley is at the top of the list for most of the regular senior players. Aspley have made no attempt at keeping the list together which should have been a priortiy for them considering they need a playing list. So good luck to them winning a game next year. Redlands and Magpies will be stoked.

Not cocky at all. Eagles is no more, players will get to choose where they decide to play. And I dont think aspley is at the top of the list for most of the regular senior players. Aspley have made no attempt at keeping the list together which should have been a priortiy for them considering they need a playing list. So good luck to them winning a game next year. Redlands and Magpies will be stoked.

sandshoes,

what do you mean aspley have made no attempt at keeping the list together. they have already met with a few players and have a meeting next week with the playing list of 2008. i think you have a vendetta against aspley and i find your comments to be unreliable

Well the word is Robby Copeland to Aspley.... could be a decent midfield with possibly Payne along side him. Evo should play midfield too. They just need someone to kick to up forward. What do you think about that midfield BigE? I bet you'd want to be part of that!

Copeland would be a very dominant player in the state league aspley would be doing very well to secure his services. Payne ive never seen play but from all reports, gun midfielder in state league. those two would be great acquisitions to Aspley FC. Evans may be a too old for state league?

Aspley should be able to get some good players if they get a good football manager. Not sure who they have now but he definently pulled some not so great players the last few years. A lot of ex Aspley boys at the Eagles however. Inside info tells me it seems a lot of these boys think they are to good for Aspley. Bit of a shame seeing that is were they grew up. No other team on the North side stood a chance. Aspley need to recruit some Lions rejects to pull numbers. Use the $$$ you have!

Aspley's football manager is mark perkins, great bloke and does a great job

Not sure you have the right mail. i think you will find that Aspley have been very busy working with the Eagles payers and coaches of 2008.

To those that say Aspley are negative toward any player that leaves to play higher in the past, that was a long time ago. Over the last 3 years players that have made their return have stayed and will continue on next year. Attitudes can change, perhaps these kids just need to visit Graham road.
To any ex player that has come back to the hornets as a social visit or to play let us know if you were welcome.

IMO Aspley will not finish bottom this year.
Look out for a strong side in the State Association.

Not sure about Evans being too old for state league, saw him play 1 game this year and was very handy. Would have been better in the midfield but thats life when you need to play a role for your team. Is the bald full forward sticking around for Aspley? Oh ok Mark Perkins aye, hes been around a bit, was at Sandgate for a bit wasn't he?

Not sure about Evans being too old for state league, saw him play 1 game this year and was very handy. Would have been better in the midfield but thats life when you need to play a role for your team. Is the bald full forward sticking around for Aspley? Oh ok Mark Perkins aye, hes been around a bit, was at Sandgate for a bit wasn't he?

perko did coach sandgate a few years back..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back