Aflq News

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn't in 2001.

They success of Suncoast depends on injuries to Brisbane Lions players, which haven't been too bad this year, touch wood.

Spot on. Copeland kicked 7 on the weekend, I think in probably 50% AFL teams in the comp he would be in their best 22, so of course he's going to dominate the QAFL. Cheynee Stiller is also far too good for the comp, and he's had to play a few games down there this year as well.

majority of the time for the players dropping back to play for Suncoast, they can tear the game appart ... but they just dont care ... Copeland is probably one of the worst offenders ... tho he seems to have realised now that he's going to have to earn his call up.

last year morningside played the 3 times. them siders won 2 and the lions won the first game. in the second game the siders beat them by 13 goals i think it it was and they had 16 listed players in that day. i think they were running 4rd at that time. they got smashed in the qualifying final by 15 goals last year. if they were a fair dinkum side in this comp. they could have wone the last 8 flags. the only year i reckon they might not have gotten close on grand final day was in 2003

Morph & Hack,

I’m going to take it seriously this week because I don’t want to come third.

Will need to see the selected squads on the website before I choose – even if they are dodgy teams :cool:

This weeks games:

Panthers v Cats
Sharks v Tigers
Lions v Eagles
Bombers v Vultures

Morph & Hack,

I’m going to take it seriously this week because I don’t want to come third.

Will need to see the selected squads on the website before I choose – even if they are dodgy teams :cool:

This weeks games:

Panthers v Cats
Sharks v Tigers
Lions v Eagles
Bombers v Vultures

No worries, I'll go first.

Panthers v Cats
Sharks v Tigers
Lions v Eagles
Bombers v Vultures

Panthers v Cats
Sharks v Tigers
Lions v Eagles
Bombers v Vultures

thought i'd try and make some points up by going for the Eagles ...

That's what I was going to do, Based on some Lions outs I think the Eagles will sneak in.

Panthers v Cats
Sharks v Tigers
Lions v Eagles
Bombers v Vultures

Any truth to the story that Palm Beach-Currumbin are changing their name to Broadbeach-Currumbin Cats.People like to knock other teams about buying premierships but I do'nt hear much being said about
this fiasco.

Well i can tell you alot about broadpalm.

Since former cats coach Craig O,brien signed as senior coach of the lions he new former players will join.

The best thing that ever happaned for former cats coach denis knight (who on my opion the best coach ever broadbeach has ever had why did they get rid of him) because of those misfits all wanted out and that was the best thing and the commitie didnt hesitate to let them go.

My sources tell me that Broadbeach was known as the "family club" but those players destroyed that meaning. They were the Cancer of the cats.

Even though that Palmy won the flag by a country mile against the 2nd best team western magpies, they could never ever come close to winning the velocity sports cup.

So let them blast in there glory but the bottom line is the Palm Beach Currumbin F.C those guys are your problem now.

Hack - 4 out of 4
Oddball - 4 out of 4
Morphous - 3 out of 4

Not bad tipping, the Lions v Eagles game was always going to be the toughest to pick - got to the Gabba to see the 2nd half of this game and it was a cracker. A bit of spite, alot of run and a big bag of goals.

Both teams had a few out and Harding didn't come back after half-time for the SC, but the Eagles lost Kiem and Lucas even earlier. Good game to watch.

well chopper you certainly seem like a disgruntled player who couldnt quite make it at any club, so i will start by telling you that d.knight certainly was not the best coach broady has ever had, the players certainly didnt play for him, unlike Craig O'Brien, who every player at PBC loves playing for. There certainly is no "cancer" at palmy i can tell you that, every single player gets along with everyone from the president all the way down to the volunteers, its what i would like to call club harmony at its best, hence the success the lions seem to be having. A big game coming up this week against Aspley, if the lions get up this week then they can rightfully claim to be the most successful team in south east Qld. Instead of bagging them why dont you come along and marvel at the way this team goes about their footy.

The problem with PBC is that they are an AFLQ standard team playing in the Pineapple Hotel Cup comp. They are about 10 goals better than the next team (Western Magpies) who in turn are several goals better than the next team. Seems a bit one sided. Perhaps both teams should be promoted into the AFLQ for 2009? A pity the Hornets wo'nt worry them to much this weekend as PBC continue towards making the whole Pineapple Hotel cup a big yawn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well dynamo explain this. Last year after round 1 the pbc orginals vs the broady boys had a punch on the in the carpark after one game they cant stand each other.

Punch ons bewteen the playing list yeah great club, real team bonding hey.

And dont get me wrong they have easily the greatest list ever, but for the pineapple cup?

So is palmy trying to get into the velocity sports cup or do they wanna win 2nd grade state leauge flag year after year after year.

So fill me in whats the goss down at the palmy army?

chopper, let me start by explaining the punch on, it wasnt exactly all the broady boys v all the palmy boys. as you would probably know there were a few people down at the footy club proir to the broady contingent who were not the sort of people you want around a footy club. So there was a bit of a clean out at the start of last season because the coach and the pres wanted the club to have a clean image and there still is very strict rules in place that if you step out of line at the club you will be turfed out, so after that a few of the boys who got turfed were not happy and came to the club looking for trouble..the original palmy boys that are still there, and believe it or not there are still some, get along very well with all the players who have come to palmy.. secondly the reason the boys from broady went to palmy from div 1..as you would know the training demands in state league are a lot more than what is required in the PHC, some of the boys can only train one night a week, and i cant see that being accepted at broady..and all the boys honestly just want to have fun, play with there mates and have some success along the way, i dont think that is such a crime..

The problem with PBC is that they are an AFLQ standard team playing in the Pineapple Hotel Cup comp. They are about 10 goals better than the next team (Western Magpies) who in turn are several goals better than the next team. Seems a bit one sided. Perhaps both teams should be promoted into the AFLQ for 2009? A pity the Hornets wo'nt worry them to much this weekend as PBC continue towards making the whole Pineapple Hotel cup a big yawn.

You can't blame Palmy...they are just taking advantage of a league administration that aren't doing anything meaningful to provide a half even competition for clubs to compete in.

Here's an idea - why don't clubs in the PHC rotate down a level each year in turns so that they can smash the association Div 1 teams and win a flag in a comp that they are too strong to be playing in!!

As I have said here before - salary caps don't work, the only way to even any competition is to have a transparent and officially sanctioned and regulated points system - as so many victorian leagues have found.

check out this discussion about the West Gippsland LaTrobe league system...interesting reading.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=448698&highlight=recruiting+points+system

It may need some tweaking to get right but the league should stick at it and make it work in the interests of grassroots footy (they use that term a lot but don't really seem to understand what it means)...

Of course this would require the league to disagree with the all powerful cashed up coastal bloc in the best interests of an even competition - something they have shown zero interest in.

Hey Hardballgets05,
No point having the PHC teams drop down and belting the Association teams. We should try to have even footy comps (hey even the AFL has one sided games like Geelong belting West Coast last weekend).
Anyway a very interesting read on the Points system
that you linked. I wonder how Zillmere Eagles would go with that system
seems they have very few juniors,do'nt bother to have an Under 18 team and recruit most of their players from Aspley and other northside teams....and still have no money!

saw PBC play a few weeks ago and admittedly they did have a few out but I can tell you this as gospel if the current PBC side played in the Cairns comp they would be no higher than 3rd position. Most of you southerners will find that hard to believe but it is the truth.

chopper, let me start by explaining the punch on, it wasnt exactly all the broady boys v all the palmy boys. as you would probably know there were a few people down at the footy club proir to the broady contingent who were not the sort of people you want around a footy club. So there was a bit of a clean out at the start of last season because the coach and the pres wanted the club to have a clean image and there still is very strict rules in place that if you step out of line at the club you will be turfed out, so after that a few of the boys who got turfed were not happy and came to the club looking for trouble..the original palmy boys that are still there, and believe it or not there are still some, get along very well with all the players who have come to palmy.. secondly the reason the boys from broady went to palmy from div 1..as you would know the training demands in state league are a lot more than what is required in the PHC, some of the boys can only train one night a week, and i cant see that being accepted at broady..and all the boys honestly just want to have fun, play with there mates and have some success along the way, i dont think that is such a crime..
So when the Broady guys leave in a few years you're left with less than you started with.

Sounds good.

Expect to hear Aspley Hornets announce a new Seniors Coach before this weeks game against PBC.

Seems you are almost on the inside 4444 - you give yourself up by knowing to much sometimes.

Some average admisinstrat ion/ors at the Hornets - he was a good operator with a plan and no support. Someone must have recruited the 2's team.

You are right about 1 sided games they are a reality at all levels - being storng requires enormous administrative/recruiting efforts to be at the top. Some clubs plan to be strong and others hope to be.

For all the talk about Palm Beach...they were very lucky to beat Sandgate last week

Some very helpful umpiring including one appalling 12 point turnaround freekick...maybe the umpires were protecting the precious "streak"

With respect, in reality only Fulton and Drake could be truely classed as AFLQ State League standard players (and good one's at that), the rest of the ex-Broadie crew are senior "fringe" players at best. Given that PBC have been so dominate it basically shows the significant gap in the quality between the State League and Pineapple cup competitions.

As for the game between PBC and Sandgate the word is a certain bald headed Netball Referee who double's as an AFLQ Umpire gave and absolute shocker late in the game, which resulted in a 12 point turnaround in PBC's advantage. All but cost the Seahawks the game. :thumbsdown:

While I'm on the soapbox I will also agree with the comments about the lack of quality administrators at Aspley who burn coaches as a result of their own incompetence. :(

For all the talk about Palm Beach...they were very lucky to beat Sandgate last week

Some very helpful umpiring including one appalling 12 point turnaround freekick...maybe the umpires were protecting the precious "streak"

sandgate got hosed. i heard obrien complained about the free kick count. thats not unusual for him. he complains about them when his team gets thumped as well

As for the game between PBC and Sandgate the word is a certain bald headed Netball Referee who double's as an AFLQ Umpire gave and absolute shocker late in the game, which resulted in a 12 point turnaround in PBC's advantage. All but cost the Seahawks the game. :thumbsdown: :(

apparently it was actually the umpire at the other end of the field who paid a free kick to Fulton after he copped a punch in the guts while a Sandgate player was kicking for goal ... just to clear it up ... :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back