Aflq News

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could tell you morpheous but im not gonna. There is some really good players in there. A few boys that before they were at Broady all played at Southport together aswell. And with Palmy looking like that will play Zillmere(hopefully March 3rd) in the first practice game and Labrador(locked in for March 10th) in there 2nd in could be interesting to see how they go against them division 1 sides considering most of there players have played div 1 footy with some even higher.

I could tell you morpheous but im not gonna. There is some really good players in there. A few boys that before they were at Broady all played at Southport together aswell. And with Palmy looking like that will play Zillmere(hopefully March 3rd) in the first practice game and Labrador(locked in for March 10th) in there 2nd in could be interesting to see how they go against them division 1 sides considering most of there players have played div 1 footy with some even higher.

But the suspense will kill me.

No idea...have to ask Lenny but there are definately very simple ways of getting around it, not really an issue, 3rd party sponsors etc are rife in just about every club...

^^^Well I've decided to answer the question myself, I've joined the CQU Rockhampton Panthers, my current level of fitness is pretty piss poor, but the way the coach is working us, I'll come around. Fun fun fun.:)

You poor ********ing soul.

Hey Morpheous, I hear theres some good home-grown talent at Redlands, and that Odgers is excited about the young kids coming through. Tell us a bit about them. I suppose they at least come from the Redlands area, and arent pinched by Redlands, unlike Mt G. and "Peter Foster" and his band of pirates. Rumour has it that Mt G have been "networking" and getting quite a few over to join their 16's and 18's. I guess thats where being an ex-Bushies coach comes in handy.

Hey Morpheous, I hear theres some good home-grown talent at Redlands, and that Odgers is excited about the young kids coming through. Tell us a bit about them. I suppose they at least come from the Redlands area, and arent pinched by Redlands, unlike Mt G. and "Peter Foster" and his band of pirates. Rumour has it that Mt G have been "networking" and getting quite a few over to join their 16's and 18's. I guess thats where being an ex-Bushies coach comes in handy.

Man Mt Gravatt has been doing all that for soo long its not funny, some Taipans players have been told over the years that moving to Mt Gravatt would help their cause in making the side. So by no means a new phenomena, but these players tend to last only a year or two before they come to their senses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Toddy's right.

As far as the good young players coming through we've got about 10 kids in the u18 Bushies squad of 25 and most of them will be bottom age players this year. We've got 2 players who are both 18 this year who played all bar 1 game each of seniors last year and yes there wasn't much competition for places last year but both of the former under 8 team mates held their own. One of them finished in the top 3 of the club medal and the other won the award for best first year player for the 18 Bushies.

Yeah Toddy's right.

As far as the good young players coming through we've got about 10 kids in the u18 Bushies squad of 25 and most of them will be bottom age players this year. We've got 2 players who are both 18 this year who played all bar 1 game each of seniors last year and yes there wasn't much competition for places last year but both of the former under 8 team mates held their own. One of them finished in the top 3 of the club medal and the other won the award for best first year player for the 18 Bushies.

Are you reffering to one of them finishing in the top 3 of the senior medal count at redlands? if so you may need to check your info i dont think that is correct.

Yeah sorry top 4, had a few too many that night.:D

Interested to know who your talking about as far as i can recall the top six went:

Millar
Wirth
Wells
Mueller
Robinson
Howard.

Then again i may be wrong.

And looking at that top 6 its going to be another long year for the bombers with 3 of that top 6 in Howard, Wells and Robinson not playing there this season. You can also add O'Shea and Ackerly. Plus the experinces of Bell and Dennelly to that list. All top ten players for redland last year imo. back to square 1 for redlands!

Interested to know who your talking about as far as i can recall the top six went:

Millar
Wirth
Wells
Mueller
Robinson
Howard.

Then again i may be wrong.

And looking at that top 6 its going to be another long year for the bombers with 3 of that top 6 in Howard, Wells and Robinson not playing there this season. You can also add O'Shea and Ackerly. Plus the experinces of Bell and Dennelly to that list. All top ten players for redland last year imo. back to square 1 for redlands!

Heres the official top 10 from http://www.aflq.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&aid=112719
1 - Craig Millar 105
2 - Derek Wirth 76
3 - Jarrod Wells 68
4 - Jared Campbell 64
5 - Richard Robinson 56
6 - Brad Howard 48
7 - Adam Mueller 46
8 - Shane Bonnitcha 37
8 - Jamie Hackett 37
10 - Wes Opray 32

We won't miss Denners much because he hardly played a game last year due to injury and travelling.

I think it will be a better season then last season.

Heres the official top 10 from http://www.aflq.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&aid=112719
1 - Craig Millar 105
2 - Derek Wirth 76
3 - Jarrod Wells 68
4 - Jared Campbell 64
5 - Richard Robinson 56
6 - Brad Howard 48
7 - Adam Mueller 46
8 - Shane Bonnitcha 37
8 - Jamie Hackett 37
10 - Wes Opray 32

We won't miss Denners much because he hardly played a game last year due to injury and travelling.

I think it will be a better season then last season.

my apologises i was wrong.

Dont think Redlands are in a position to say they wont miss any player even if they didnt play much. They needed to pick up 10 top line senior players and not lose any especially not 5 of their top 10 including their captian and vice captain to have any real impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back