AFLQ Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mills $200 a game .. for what ???? White must have been on $500 then comparatively.
Noosa have a great side on paper, lets see them go tthrough the season undefeated and win the flag in straight sets, to justify the forum turning into a new - I love Noosa - tourism advertisement.

Players are paid in many ways, and let's face it wether on the books or off the books, the PHC would be a weaker competition without the club's different strategies. B.Matthews is an absolute champion through and through and was a bonus pick up for the profile of the PHC, as was Carey's flirt with PBC a few years back.
Goes pretty well Mills but only seem him when he plays noosa.Wher did you get that figure from?Thats more than Page ,Reynolds,Brauer,Brain,Isles.I`d say you are way out there mate.An earlier post suggested fuel money and that seems more on the mark.Not guaranteed a game just yet.Smith,Durdin and Wallace all similar players with terrific goal sense and all proven big game players.

Pumas had their first one Friday night. Beat Yeronga by about 9 goals although the side and structure are nothing like what it will be in round 1 (I assume for them too)

Any good recruits running round for Springwood lenny? Hasnt been much news out of puma land.

Is anything interesting happening outside the coast, practice matches must be close, training camps on the verge, who looks in touch, who is missing?
I would keep an eye on the Magpies reports are Mcdonnel,Rosinski,Wenham and Pope will all stay and theyre as good as anyone elses top 4 players in the comp and apparently a former Sherwood junior who is playing ones at Mt Gravatt is looking to come back.. there depth will be strong as they only really lost Luke Scott,Fris and Allen to NEAFL clubs the others that went are all reserves players Skubis,Jenke - Cain ,Mitchell etc. Last time they got the flick they lost about 12 senior players and finished 3rd then first....
Palmy will entice Tarrant one way or another.
Springwood have the right idea developing there youth but need to find 3 quality players and people to assist them.
Grange have been very quiet but Marto will attract some old Northern suburbs blokes.
Sandgate will be strong (but not a hope in hell of ever re entering QAFL footy them and Aspley need to strike some common ground.

no scheduled phc practice matches. there is a 20/20 style comp at a couple of different grounds in a couple of weeks for clubs to have practice matches.

also, i have heard that magpies are in serious financial problems thanks to the floods. clubhouse wiped out, but also need serious cash to repair the oval. going to be hard to recruit and retain quality with no cash.

I would keep an eye on the Magpies reports are Mcdonnel,Rosinski,Wenham and Pope will all stay and theyre as good as anyone elses top 4 players in the comp and apparently a former Sherwood junior who is playing ones at Mt Gravatt is looking to come back.. there depth will be strong as they only really lost Luke Scott,Fris and Allen to NEAFL clubs the others that went are all reserves players Skubis,Jenke - Cain ,Mitchell etc. Last time they got the flick they lost about 12 senior players and finished 3rd then first....
Springwood have the right idea developing there youth but need to find 3 quality players and people to assist them.
Grange have been very quiet but Marto will attract some old Northern suburbs blokes.
Sandgate will be strong (but not a hope in hell of ever re entering QAFL footy them and Aspley need to strike some common ground.

Agree 100% with Springwood that developing the youth is the way to go,however out of interest, how many stay on and become 100 plus game players and how many would get poached by State league clubs? Its a difficult situation, when your not the top level comp,whereby you put time into the kids with the future of your club in mind and sometimes other clubs get their full potetential. Kids must be encouraged (especially the very good ones) to play the best level they can. I suppose you hope that if they do leave for higher footy that they may return when finished at that level.
Grange picked up a few Morningside fringe players, including Matt Pardew, former Lion rookie. Has he recovered properly from a badly broken leg a few years ago?
If those four mentioned from the magpies stay that will be big boost. Rozynski as tough as they come and Pope proven goal kicker.

no scheduled phc practice matches. there is a 20/20 style comp at a couple of different grounds in a couple of weeks for clubs to have practice matches.

also, i have heard that magpies are in serious financial problems thanks to the floods. clubhouse wiped out, but also need serious cash to repair the oval. going to be hard to recruit and retain quality with no cash.

i would say clubs will have at least 2 full preseason games on the cards. i don't think any club would want to go into a season with only playing a few mickey mouse matches

A lot of magpies twos players you mentioned all would of been solid in phc, at worst crucial for their depth. That I think could be the magpies challenge, particularly with lions grabbing 5 or 6 younger guys most weeks.

Sandgate and state league seems to be getting a run on a few forums, I dont think that is on the radar of even the club in the short to medium term. Long term it is impossible to know how neafl comp will even look like. And what common ground do sandgate and aspley need to find?

Any good recruits running round for Springwood lenny? Hasnt been much news out of puma land.
Honestly mate, about 60% of the faces there are new faces to me (haven't played there since round 1 2009) so I don't know who's a "gun new recruit" and who's still there from last year. But it's a good young group.

Agree 100% with Springwood that developing the youth is the way to go,however out of interest, how many stay on and become 100 plus game players and how many would get poached by State league clubs? Its a difficult situation, when your not the top level comp,whereby you put time into the kids with the future of your club in mind and sometimes other clubs get their full potetential. Kids must be encouraged (especially the very good ones) to play the best level they can. I suppose you hope that if they do leave for higher footy that they may return when finished at that level.
It's always been like that but the attitude has changed from 8-9 years ago. Back then there was a reluctance and a feeling of disloyalty for blokes to head to Mt Gravatt (or at least the perception of same) but nowadays blokes leave with the club's blessing and, in a lot of cases, have their crack and if it doesn't work out, are back in a couple of years or so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate I drove by the other night and saw juniors and seniors training, lights working and the oval looking great. They mowed the bloody thing five days after the flood and only trained at Moorooka until the lights were fixed. The Lions are also helping out in replacing equipment. The plaster was removed from the inside of the club and a club member is arranging its replacement, they had to turn people away because too many wanted to help.
Nice try to spread false info about another club but its BS.
Also they never paid players when they were in the State League, so why should they need serious cash to pay them now. That club has players that many clubs dont, players with pride for their club.

Mate I drove by the other night and saw juniors and seniors training, lights working and the oval looking great. They mowed the bloody thing five days after the flood and only trained at Moorooka until the lights were fixed. The Lions are also helping out in replacing equipment. The plaster was removed from the inside of the club and a club member is arranging its replacement, they had to turn people away because too many wanted to help.
Also they never paid players when they were in the State League, so why should they need serious cash to pay them now. That club has players that many clubs dont, players with pride for their club.

settle down champ, i was only saying what a committee member from your club told me. I was told $50k to repair the oval, seeing as it was under 3m of water everything had washed away.

I had my doubts as well. Noosa was about 5m under water a couple of years ago and I am pretty sure they played a final there the following weekend.

They paid there players and have done for the past ten years and are one club that pays exactly what they say they will. I agree thoroughly about the palyers play for there club pride but they do get paid. One thing they dont do or havent done is paid overs for there players like some other places, highest i reckon they ever paid a player would be around $250 and the blokes were all good players and people.

settle down champ, i was only saying what a committee member from your club told me. I was told $50k to repair the oval, seeing as it was under 3m of water everything had washed away.

I had my doubts as well. Noosa was about 5m under water a couple of years ago and I am pretty sure they played a final there the following weekend.

Geez you speak to alot of committee members 376! 5m under water is a bit over the top. Yes the ground was flooded and unplayable and did play there the following week on a perfect dry ground.

Geez you speak to alot of committee members 376! 5m under water is a bit over the top. Yes the ground was flooded and unplayable and did play there the following week on a perfect dry ground.

I am kind of a big deal, people know me. My apartment smells of rich mahogany...

COOLANGATTA have elected to run with outstanding under-age coach Neil McKay for the new Pineapple Hotel Cup season.
McKay, who guided the Gold Coast Stingrays to a premiership in the first year of the under-18 competition in 1996, takes over from Grant McKenzie at Len Peak Oval – and he has promised to introduce a new culture at the AFLQ premier division’s southernmost club.
If success at junior level means anything, then the Blues could re-emerge as a competition power after several years in the wilderness.
A born and bred Queenslander, McKay started coaching at 24 after representing Queensland at 15 and 16 years levels.
He is the son of former Coorparoo player Bob McKay.
McKay Jnr’s biggest task will be to strike a working relationship with older players, given his role as chief of Palm Beach-Currumbin High’s hugely successful scholarship program.
The PBC High program started 20 years ago with McKay the sole coach in charge of 20 boys.
Now the program has four teachers and upwards of 90 students enrolled.
Asked what lies ahead at Coolangatta, McKay said: “It will be a change because I’m dealing with more adults.
“Hopefully they’ll all be trying to improve.
“I want to install a thoroughly professional program at Coolangatta, create a new culture.”
McKay is not going into the Blues cold because he coached the club’s under-18s last season.
On the player front, Coolangatta have had a major loss with ruckman Jason Smith set to miss the entire season after a knee reconstruction.
And promising Mark McGill is trying his luck with Labrador.
RThe signing of McKay by Coolangatta is the only change of coach among the four Gold Coast clubs in the Pineapple Hotel Cup.
Zane Doubleday is still with Burleigh, as is Rob Martin at Surfers Paradise.
And Craig O’Brien has gone back on his vow to retire from the job at Palm Beach-Currumbin, citing the installation of a new committee as behind his change of mind.
The Lions, who slipped to fifth last year after winning premierships in 2007 and 2009, have lost champion rover Mikal Bloom, who has headed back to Victoria.
But indications are that key-position utility Ben Walters will join many former Broadbeach players at Salk Oval.
And O’Brien said speed machine Arnold Knight is also likely to return to the Lions’ pride.

aflq.com.au

Tim nicholson signed at gorillaland, handy ruckman/key position from Eaglehawk in BFL. They had a few handy big guy's last year so good inclusion. They tried extremly hard for Phill Lobb, Rumour is Docker scared him away! It's time docker came out of the closet and admitted he has a number 2 Noosa Jumper hanging in his wardrobe......

Outside Qld, North Bendigo searching for Justin Murphy ex Carlton, took 5K sign on as assistant coach in December and has gone missing!

enough about money on this forum, however anyone got any good stories of players going AWOL with a sign on in hand from the past?

Who know's in the football world, some players who do this usually turn up at another unsuspecting club and they pay the money back for them, allot of power in the hands of good footballers, take the sport away and they are just con-men!

Best I've ever been told, Player again ex BFL headed off to WA (I think Bunbury, signed on for a Brand new 2000 model SS ute and then drove it back to victoria!

Any Chance of that maroochy ground being infection free this season, It's a tuff decision to make on the coast, Play with maroocy and end up covered in red dots from sh@t water or play with noosa and get attacked by midgee's twice a week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back