AFLQ Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, good point & fair call, For the record though Paige and Brauer where approched not long after the GF by Aspley, Both of them and Matthews had already decided to stick together and when Fletcher was reappointed at Noosa they commited for another year.

Aspley, Under a full season with Russel Evans will be a top 5 club.

not sure about brauer but page did train with aspley proir to signing with noosa last year. page also spoke with morningside. im pretty confident that lucas approached aspley and told them that he could bring 4 or 5 with him. anyway its all history now.
the phc or premier division standard of footy has improved over the years and i think the better players could make the transition into state league footy without too much hassle.

not sure about brauer but page did train with aspley proir to signing with noosa last year. page also spoke with morningside. im pretty confident that lucas approached aspley and told them that he could bring 4 or 5 with him. anyway its all history now.
the phc or premier division standard of footy has improved over the years and i think the better players could make the transition into state league footy without too much hassle.

I agree on one hand and disagree on another. The PHC has improved over the years but IMO the State League has improved at a faster rate, therefore the gap has widened. Having said that the best 20 players in PHC would be good enough to play SL, but probably not too many more. The best players in the best sides (Page for example has been chased by a couple of clubs) would definitely step up no worries however not sure how many from the likes of Cooly would be up to it.

No one knows much about him, he's a complete mystery. Some say he sleep's in cave and hibernates in winter & catches his food with his hands......

Mate Phil Lobb is a great bloke he lives in brisbane so maybe he is just seeing whats out there so he doesn't have to travel down to the coast. He would be the best set shot for goal in the comp and can send them home from any angle......... almost got 50 goals this year from 12 games if he stays at Burleigh which in the end he will he will kick alot of goals with Fletcher, Powell ( if he can keep his head right ) and a super fit J.Butt sending them in...All three of them blokes are in great shape.... Big Azza has hung the boots up

Season 2011... a vastly different setup to last year.. Welcome back the maggies and a potentially stronger noosa..

Lucas Matthews onboard for another year?
What has brought Hicks back to the club? Retained L.Bauer?

M.Rogers a big loss from grange, a few more following the the exodus over recent years.. Will the recruits cover this?

A.Pianta still at Burliegh?, they retained a strong list, and added with their usual interstate fly-ins?

Springwood's massive numbers include the mtgravatt pickups from last year, or are they disappearing?

Mayne to suffer dramatically without 'the rock' C.Brown

Surfers and PBC very quiet on the recruiting , O'Brien to get the winning feeling back?

Who is coaching the Magpies this year?

Is Long stilling having a run around? Will the Hawks be up and abouts this season, or drop off the pace.

Which club in vic has R.White gone to?

Never even heard of this lobb bloke, even at Burleigh.....

Surfers have being on the case of a few ex juniors/southport players, playing in melbourne. From what i've been told they've got there boys.

Also PBC have lost Bloom as he's headed back to albury to play a holbrook.

Racking my brain on what the Aflq community could do to help flood victims. Thought about maybe a game between Div 1 and 2 premiers of 2010, being Morningside v's Noosa with all proceeds to go to the relief effort. I know it there is a big diiference between the comps, but think it would generate some interest. Players pay 10 dollars to participate and 5 dollar general admission. Both clubs provide volunteers for match day operations. Game played at Morningside to maximise supporter potential, one week before season and heavily promoted by Aflq. Thoughts people?

Chelmer got flooded not sure if it was as bad as 74, wouldn't be surprised if Mayne's ground was affected as it is surrounded by a creek but not sure on that.

Chelmer got flooded not sure if it was as bad as 74, wouldn't be surprised if Mayne's ground was affected as it is surrounded by a creek but not sure on that.

Yep both the club and ground at Sherwood flooded to signifcant level, almost '74 level. Plenty of people were there yesterday helping clean up.

There'll be a full weekend of cleanup ahead for a few clubs I think.

No word yet on playing elsewhere until the ground recovers. I think they'll want to avoid that as much as possible.

Yep both the club and ground at Sherwood flooded to signifcant level, almost '74 level. Plenty of people were there yesterday helping clean up.

There'll be a full weekend of cleanup ahead for a few clubs I think.

No word yet on playing elsewhere until the ground recovers. I think they'll want to avoid that as much as possible.

Sherwoods oval needs two days of drying out, then a mow and it will be good to go. Maybe they wont train on it next week. Good to see two clubs not even in the same competitions as Western Magpies getting down in numbers to help them out. My understanding is that Aspley and Griffith Moorooka showed up in numbers to assist.

In a nutshell there is the spirit of community footy on display.

We can all hate each others guts next week.

1152927_1_O.jpg

1152928_1_O.jpg

might need abit more than that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes they were under too.AFLQ headquarters was flooded but only the ground floor.

Yeronga's ovals were not turfed and the main oval wasn't even leveled yet so they are worse off than others. Sherwoods and Kenmore's ovals had water over them for two days but are still solid under foot. None of the grass died, strange thing is they want a few showers to wash the thin mud layer off the grass. Biggest drama is the power to the lights. Two weeks tops before they are kicking footys on there again. UQ,s training is probably going to be severly affected as they werent even allowed to wear boots on the oval prior to the flood. Jindalee juniors coped it pretty bad. Does anyone know how Strathpine, Caboolture and Kedron fared.

Hi just a quick question guys playing in the pineapple cup how much are the match payments likely to be as an estimate??

Silly question really. How can you ask that when no one knows anything about you. Depends on a few things, who you are playing for, how good you are, and more importantly, if it was me paying you, how good a bloke you are. Hope that helps.

most players in the PHC would go around uncontracted, and possibly not recieving any match payment.

Some clubs pay all players a set amount, with contracted players recieving more. ($100-400 a game contract, $25-$50 game all players)
Some clubs pay a couple of contract players, and have a big kitty in the 3-2-1 where they might pay the top 6 or 8 each week. ($300-$800 in the kitty for 3-2-1)
Some clubs might do a combination of both.

All clubs must pay a minimum of $18,000 in player payments, with a cap of $38,000. Cap is the most stupid thing in football, how do you monitor a cash business like a footy club paying cash payments to players?

Re: Bendigo FL Thread 2010
Got good mail lucas matthews and scott tuddenham will be signing at huntly this week

Got this off bendigo thread. This time of year brings up some beauties. Think this bloke needs to dump his mailman. Pretty sure Matthews running around and dominating at Noosa again. Unless anyone knows otherwise?

matthews has been training at noosa, but white has been training at maroochydore.

Noosa will miss brain and reynolds.Both instrumental in the finals in 2010 and have that bonus of knowing where the goals are as well as being destructive in the midfield.Sawers a real handy pick up again and I`ve heard Hicks is definitely going overseas.Bailey and Mills will fit in nicely.What about Winter? Is he training with Aspley or going around again with the Premiers?Gotta be one of the fittest blokes running around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back