AFLQ state association

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, there's so much talk about money, who pays who, which clubs don't pay money at all.
At the end of the day if a club had the ability to pay players they would. If they don't have it they won't and they'll find another form of rewarding best players such as incentives to the best players each week.
It costs a bucket load to run a club and thats just to pay its affiliation fees, insurance, rates, coaching staff, trainers, council rates etc.. Then if there is any money left over clubs may consider recruiting players to help in the clubs push for finals/flag etc.
I'm not begrudging any club that does or doesn't do this, at the end of the day does it really matter? I think not.

As the former Treasurer at UQ (2003, 2004 & 2008), and a current senior committee member, I can say with absolute authority that we do not, and have never, paid a player (not in the 11 seasons I've been at the club).

We have buggerall income... we survive on player fees, canteen beer sales and some minor sponsorships. We don't have a licensed clubhouse, we don't have poker machines, we don't have a large pool of old fart former players that have nothing better to do than drink p*ss at the club. We survive year to year on the hard work of a blo*dy hard working committee, and the only people we pay in any way are the coaches, physios and canteen staff. The days when the Uni propped us up financially are long gone (thanks John Howard - you cost us over 20 grand a year).

I have no doubt Griffith Uni are in the same boat. I also believe wholeheartedly that there's more than a few clubs out there who, like us, don't pay their players. Bear in There has said it for Kenmore, and it's been said for Aspley as well...

So Publician, I love it when idiots like you go on permanent public record on forums like this, showing just how little you know about how the rest of the world outside of your very limited experience actually works.

One last thing to think about as you play with yourself over how much your players get paid, just remember that those teams that are taking you on, and maybe even beating you, do it on zero budget and guys that genuinely play for the love of the jumper. You'll probably never experience what it's like to be a part of a club with the history, the passion and the dedication of every guy who puts on the jumper is doing so because they want to, not because they're paid to.

I wonder... when guys like you look at the Premiership cup sitting on the shelf gathering dust, do you notice the price tag that's hanging from it?

Since your on the committee mate, any chance you can have a look at your bar prices???

**** me, I've bought cheaper beers at bloody Jade Budda!!

Since your on the committee mate, any chance you can have a look at your bar prices???

**** me, I've bought cheaper beers at bloody Jade Budda!!
Amen Snakey! Absolute disgrace the beer prices at UQ, no wonder they have 'no old boys with nothing better to do', drinking beer there.

I have been involved in clubs before & with your number of players at UQ & the fees that I know u charge, especially for non uni students, & u dont pay players, then John Howard ripping u off is the least of your worries!

The Publican just highlights my earlier point with Lamby, its a Beenleigh mindset to buy premierships but not have the leadership or club structure to develop the football club any higher then DIV 2.
Lamby/Publican, is it true that your major backer, the Dauth Park Sports Club is over $600,000 up poo creek? & administrators have been appointed to monitor your newly elected Club committee?

Is it also true that most of this debt is due to money being wasted on the football club?

Also, Snakey has a better topic..... who has the best Beer Prices in the two Div's? Im backing UQ will be by far the steepest!

Up North Stop it, are you trying to tell me that the big Centre Half Forward (who could demand and get CASH from any i repeat any club in the AFLQ) is paying his subs and not recieving a red cent. I find that hard to believe.
Correct. That is exactly what I am saying. Having been both a recent committee member, and coach at the club, I can tell you NO ONE gets paid.

My mate BUggsy from Kenmore reckons he gets paid, 30 bucks a loss, 60 bucks a win. He reckons that the bigPlummer bloke spilt it out on the piss after the season that he was on 100 bucks a game.. not much I know, but they get paid.. Get off your high horse bear in there!!

My mate BUggsy from Kenmore reckons he gets paid, 30 bucks a loss, 60 bucks a win. He reckons that the bigPlummer bloke spilt it out on the piss after the season that he was on 100 bucks a game.. not much I know, but they get paid.. Get off your high horse bear in there!!

The Lion Man thank you very much your input has been beautiful.

All we need now is for someone like Billy P from Kedron to drop the bomb and blow Up Norths Statement to pieces and we will all sleep at night.

They didn't play Beenleigh numnuts, we play them this week. Think its crap how we get this dirty tag, in my time there we play hard and play the ball. Which is more than I can say about some of the meat head *******s in this division!

I have to agree with the Love child here. We played you blokes in round one. Hard at the footy yes but not dirty.

You clown lion man. buggsy has never even played seniors for the bears. so are you telling me that we're paying a reserve grade player 30 - 60 bucks a game? that doesn't make much sense.

also, plummer didn't get paid by us. in fact, his old man has paid the club in sponsorship for the past 5 years.

one of the reasons we lost players to gold coast, sandgate, yeronga and university this year was because of the huge coin on offer from those clubs. get your facts straight!

I have to agree with the Love child here. We played you blokes in round one. Hard at the footy yes but not dirty.
That must make u a calamvale player/supporter goin by the draw?? now the question i will raise is why was one of your better players at the logan huddle on sat while uz were getting destroyed by caboolture? i predicted good things from calamvale this yr and that certainly raises the eyebrows

You clown lion man. buggsy has never even played seniors for the bears. so are you telling me that we're paying a reserve grade player 30 - 60 bucks a game? that doesn't make much sense.

also, plummer didn't get paid by us. in fact, his old man has paid the club in sponsorship for the past 5 years.

one of the reasons we lost players to gold coast, sandgate, yeronga and university this year was because of the huge coin on offer from those clubs. get your facts straight!
is he sponsoring the club again? Also, just wondering why the Mt Gravatt boys decided on playing at Kenmore last week? Was it due to the big fella playing there when he isn't selected by the GC?

is he sponsoring the club again? Also, just wondering why the Mt Gravatt boys decided on playing at Kenmore last week? Was it due to the big fella playing there when he isn't selected by the GC?

yeah, 2 of the 3 plummers are back at the bears after getting cut from the Gold Coast squad. One is out injured at the moment.

getting the mt gravatt guys was a big bonus, but i've been told it's not something we can rely on every week. it is true that we are getting those players based upon t plummer playing for gravatt when not playing for gc17. i wish he was playing for us instead of those guys though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Kenmore are paying their players, they are paying them too much. They can't kick, mark or handball and they were about as unfit as I've ever seen a team in this competition. There were more manboobs flying around in that team and the coaching staff on the weekend than an episode of 'Fried Dim Sumo Wrestling'.

Imagine if they didn't have the three Mt Gravatt blokes. I reckon they needed 14 of them to even come close to us. They better hope they meet Aspley or Yeronga on a very bad day or they won't win a game all season. Once again I had a blinder and the opposition had no idea what to do with me.

As for Yeronga - can't wait to smash them next week. I noticed Chicka has become pretty quiet since his team started getting belted. Where are you now chicka? Are you and fat rabbit still practising your post-goal celebration dances?

You all asked me to either put up or shut up and quite clearly the bombers have been putting up! We are Alex! We can't be beaten! We are premiers 2010!

If Kenmore are paying their players, they are paying them too much. They can't kick, mark or handball and they were about as unfit as I've ever seen a team in this competition. There were more manboobs flying around in that team and the coaching staff on the weekend than an episode of 'Fried Dim Sumo Wrestling'.

Imagine if they didn't have the three Mt Gravatt blokes. I reckon they needed 14 of them to even come close to us. They better hope they meet Aspley or Yeronga on a very bad day or they won't win a game all season. Once again I had a blinder and the opposition had no idea what to do with me.

As for Yeronga - can't wait to smash them next week. I noticed Chicka has become pretty quiet since his team started getting belted. Where are you now chicka? Are you and fat rabbit still practising your post-goal celebration dances?

You all asked me to either put up or shut up and quite clearly the bombers have been putting up! We are Alex! We can't be beaten! We are premiers 2010!

Hartlett, hows the depth there?

Your talking the talk and walking the walk in the seniors, a couple if injuries and its good night nurse. your 2's have been beaten by 2 teams that you have bagged from day 1

good Luck you might need it champ

I will back up north and tell you absolutely NO PLAYER gets paid at the kedron footy club...

Hartlett, hows the depth there?

Your talking the talk and walking the walk in the seniors, a couple if injuries and its good night nurse. your 2's have been beaten by 2 teams that you have bagged from day 1

good Luck you might need it champ

The depth is ordinary, but it always has been. Look how we went last year with a terrible reserves side. Massive attitude problem amongst the reserves players at the moment.

I reckon Kenmore are probably tanking seniors matches and trying to win the reserves competition. That might explain why some of our reserves blokes said there were guys running around in the twos who were heaps better than most of the guys in the ones.

Never mind my position at kedron publician, but you are making yourself look pretty stupid commenting on a club you have no idea about..

Never mind my position at kedron publician, but you are making yourself look pretty stupid commenting on a club you have no idea about..

all i did was ask a question, it sounds like guilt in that reply, were you part of the committee that nearly submerged a once great Football club?

Up North thanks for the reply that clears things up a little, as for your fellow Kedron follower i think he is feeling bad about what has happened in the past you might want to sit down and have a chat to him.

The depth is ordinary, but it always has been. Look how we went last year with a terrible reserves side. Massive attitude problem amongst the reserves players at the moment.

I reckon Kenmore are probably tanking seniors matches and trying to win the reserves competition. That might explain why some of our reserves blokes said there were guys running around in the twos who were heaps better than most of the guys in the ones.

Hartlett that would proberly be the dumbest thing anyone has ever said on here. Go and stand in front of the mirror and have a good look at yourself. Go on go

No team sends out an under strength senior team to win a magoos flag.

You have lost all credibility with me and i think everyone else on this forum.

gee wonder why/how there is a massive attitude problem in the two's if your the star senior player to look up too?!?!?! whatever will alex do should you be struck down through injury (fingers crossed)..

tho still dont even think you play... care to advise your jumper no??

all i did was ask a question, it sounds like guilt in that reply, were you part of the committee that nearly submerged a once great Football club?

Up North thanks for the reply that clears things up a little, as for your fellow Kedron follower i think he is feeling bad about what has happened in the past you might want to sit down and have a chat to him.
No guilt here my friend i wouldnt have a clue about what went on in the past at kedron but i know we are a strong club again and will only get stronger..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back