AFLQ state association

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
you guys are a bunch of pole smokers.
Hilarious stuff coming from you Bear, the whipping boy of this forum.

I would have thought that u would be super keen to hear whats happening in Div 2, seeing as how two of their clubs will be in Div 1 next year BUTT ****EN U LIKE THE REST OF THIS YEARS DIV 1 COMPETITION.

God Kenmore must be traveling well, you & your Club are a laughing stock!

Hilarious stuff coming from you Bear, the whipping boy of this forum.

I would have thought that u would be super keen to hear whats happening in Div 2, seeing as how two of their clubs will be in Div 1 next year BUTT ****EN U LIKE THE REST OF THIS YEARS DIV 1 COMPETITION.

God Kenmore must be traveling well, you & your Club are a laughing stock!

I agree with most of what you are saying.:thumbsu: I'm not to blame for us becoming a laughing stock though.:( Like I've said before, hopefully next year will be a different story. :)

The only thing I would say is that if the top division 2 teams think they are going to "Butt ****" anybody in div 1, they should probably think again.;) Caboolture didn't win a game last year in div 1 and they are now winning div 2 with largely the same senior side.:eek: They would be cringing at the idea of having to move up and so should the other unlucky team unless they jump clear from the pack in the next few months and show they are clearly above the standard.:footy:

No, one player did not carve us up in the second half.... they fought harder and when you do that, you win games, it's not a hard one. Reidy is quite good at busting tackles with the big forearm and the 100kgs behind him so is an absolute asset... Know him from his younger days so we were able to take care of him whilst in the forward line so he had to move up the ground.... Fair synopsis others??

What game were you watching ******?

Logan switched Reidy into the middle at half time and he ripped the game apart. You would of been one of the blokes watching him from behind as he busted another pack open?

To all who have to play Calamvale at home this year good luck.
They go hard but run out of steam and the big ground at Logan found them wanting. (Leopard Burger)

On the subject of the Leopard burger, which club would have the best feed in Divs 1 and 2? If any of you youngsters are ever down Geelong way stop in to the Kardinia Cafe, directly across from Skilled stadium ( Kardinia Park). There they have a Brunsy burger! Its all red, Red meat, red onion, red capsicum, red tomato, red lettuce and red sauce.. As Bobby Davis said its fair dunkum unbelievable!!!

Rumor going around you have a glass jaw like your name sake?

they are a fair chance of fifth but i just dont rekon they will crack the four!! when it gets tight i rekon they just wont be able to match the top sides they are a slow old side with only 5 or so good players be good to see in the finals again but !!! just have to wait and see i guess!!

Stutter would love to know the 5 or so of the old boys you rate?

Stutter would love to know the 5 or so of the old boys you rate?

Nice stuff Cobra tosser, comeback after an extended lay off, leave 3 pointless msgs & shut the whole joint down with lack of interest!

I can tell you whos big down your way, little in & under Holla, I love him, he's a little ripper.

Played two games of seniors for u so far hasnt he? (according to AFLQ site)
& howd u go in those games? = 0 from 2!

Luv ya Holla, u little ripper! Get into em son! :thumbsdown:

I agree with most of what you are saying.:thumbsu: I'm not to blame for us becoming a laughing stock though.:( Like I've said before, hopefully next year will be a different story. :)

The only thing I would say is that if the top division 2 teams think they are going to "Butt ****" anybody in div 1, they should probably think again.;) Caboolture didn't win a game last year in div 1 and they are now winning div 2 with largely the same senior side.:eek: They would be cringing at the idea of having to move up and so should the other unlucky team unless they jump clear from the pack in the next few months and show they are clearly above the standard.:footy:
I will bet you that the two top sides in Div 2 will refuse to go up in 2011. why would you want to go up and get pumped each week like Kenmore?? Makes no sense. Hopefully the Bears can recruit over summer and throw out another competitive side like last year.

I will bet you that the two top sides in Div 2 will refuse to go up in 2011. why would you want to go up and get pumped each week like Kenmore?? Makes no sense. Hopefully the Bears can recruit over summer and throw out another competitive side like last year.
Incorrect. Some clubs aspire to play at the best possible standard they can. Some short term results may go against you, but you need to be prepared for that.

Have heard a whisper from a reliable source that Logan will not go up next year, if they are grand finalists.

Hey young fella, I'll type it slowly for you this time, as I said months ago, after the Div 1 & 2 meeting at the start of the year, Everyone's fav uncle, Uncle Doug, told all present that it is COMPULSORY for the top two sides to go up, regardless of preference!

If anyone was at that meeting can they confirm this for my young friend here please? Was there a vote on this?

Either way, listen to me and learn!

Incorrect. Some clubs aspire to play at the best possible standard they can. Some short term results may go against you, but you need to be prepared for that.

Have heard a whisper from a reliable source that Logan will not go up next year, if they are grand finalists.

have you been up on the hill doing cones and drinking with The Vass boy?

Love to know your reliable source

First time on here,

G'day Up North. Your far from the mark there champ. Im mates with a few committee members down there ( I have moved back to VIC now) but I know it has been a goal of their new prez for the past 3 years for their club to reach higher then they ever have before.

Not sure who your source is mate, but far from the mark sorry buddy!

(for what its worth I dont think they'll have to worry about it anyway! )

have you been up on the hill doing cones and drinking with The Vass boy?

Love to know your reliable source
No need to throw those sledges about mate. If you have a problem with anything he may or may not be doing, take it up with him. Don't air it on here.

As for the source, let's just say it comes from somebody that speaks to Uncle Doug at lease once a week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey young fella, I'll type it slowly for you this time, as I said months ago, after the Div 1 & 2 meeting at the start of the year, Everyone's fav uncle, Uncle Doug, told all present that it is COMPULSORY for the top two sides to go up, regardless of preference!

If anyone was at that meeting can they confirm this for my young friend here please? Was there a vote on this?

Either way, listen to me and learn!

A ten team competition for div 1 next year, with no teams going up to the phc?

what condition will that leave div2 in?
if you may continue to share your wisdom

Wheres Hartlett this week, must be on a shortened leash?

Thoughts on this weeks games in both divisions

Round 9 of State Association Div 1
No real surprises from round 8, just hammered home that UQ cant travel against good sides, Yeronga got a bit closer than Coorparoo than expected but otherwise, no upsets.
This week could spring a surprise or two, will be a very important round with the bye coming up.

Aspley v Coorparoo- I wanted so badly to tip the hornets here, and this is the biggest chance of an upset I think, but I'm gonna stick with the Kings in a close one. 18 points.

Alex Hills v Kenmore- Alex in a blowout. Still not impressed with Alex, but Kenmore are no chance, wont win a game all year. 74 points.

Wynnum v Yeronga- I think this one will be interesting, Yeronga seem to be improving, but so too do Wynnum. At home, will be too strong. 52 points.

UQ v Caloundra- Match of the Round. UQ are good at home, but Caloundra have improved a lot on the road from last year. UQ got the wood earlier in the year, but Caloundra look unbeatable at the moment. 36 points.

A ten team competition for div 1 next year, with no teams going up to the phc?

what condition will that leave div2 in?
if you may continue to share your wisdom

Wheres Hartlett this week, must be on a shortened leash?

Thoughts on this weeks games in both divisions

As of 2012, Promotion & relegation will be the structure, ie Bottom Div 1 side down & top Div 2 side up! (might be bottom two rather then one, but im sure u follow!)

Div 2 will be topped up with the likes of a 'Coomera' (just a random team pick) from Div 3.

No need to throw those sledges about mate. If you have a problem with anything he may or may not be doing, take it up with him. Don't air it on here.

As for the source, let's just say it comes from somebody that speaks to Uncle Doug at lease once a week.[/quote]

BullSh*t! Absolute, Bullsh*t! :thumbsdown:

As of 2012, Promotion & relegation will be the structure, ie Bottom Div 1 side down & top Div 2 side up! (might be bottom two rather then one, but im sure u follow!)

Div 2 will be topped up with the likes of a 'Coomera' (just a random team pick) from Div 3.
Fact is whoever comes up will need to recruit well in order to be competitive in Div 1.
As for a side in Div 1 going into PHC, you only have to see how Wynnum went in practice match last year against Grange to see the difference there. Grange pumped them by 100points, and the gorillas are a mid table side in PHC.

Fact is whoever comes up will need to recruit well in order to be competitive in Div 1.
As for a side in Div 1 going into PHC, you only have to see how Wynnum went in practice match last year against Grange to see the difference there. Grange pumped them by 100points, and the gorillas are a mid table side in PHC.
Agreed, but I think that's a given. I don't think any club with aspirations of going up a division would be foolish enough to think they could do it successfully in their current form, without adding a few top line players.

Round 9 of State Association Div 1
No real surprises from round 8, just hammered home that UQ cant travel against good sides, Yeronga got a bit closer than Coorparoo than expected but otherwise, no upsets.
This week could spring a surprise or two, will be a very important round with the bye coming up.

Aspley v Coorparoo- I wanted so badly to tip the hornets here, and this is the biggest chance of an upset I think, but I'm gonna stick with the Kings in a close one. 18 points.

Alex Hills v Kenmore- Alex in a blowout. Still not impressed with Alex, but Kenmore are no chance, wont win a game all year. 74 points.

Wynnum v Yeronga- I think this one will be interesting, Yeronga seem to be improving, but so too do Wynnum. At home, will be too strong. 52 points.

UQ v Caloundra- Match of the Round. UQ are good at home, but Caloundra have improved a lot on the road from last year. UQ got the wood earlier in the year, but Caloundra look unbeatable at the moment. 36 points.

Caloundra by 24
I have a feeling UQ may not be very strong this week as uni exams are starting to kick in.

Alex Hills by 120+
Kenmore look to be undermanned this week and that does not look good for a side struggling already.

Wynnum by 74
Wynnum should do it fairly easily over Yeronga. To clean with the ball.

Cooparoo by 12
cooparoo should have a good day infront of goal and i think some large scores will be taken here as both forward lines are fairly strong.

Caloundra by 24
I have a feeling UQ may not be very strong this week as uni exams are starting to kick in.

Exams aren't for another week. Besides, not many of Red Lions Senior players are students any more. More likely to impact the other three teams.

Great win over Caloundra today. Uni were a few points down at the last break, but managed to power on in the last quarter, to win by a couple of goals. Skills and fitness really looked good.

Exams aren't for another week. Besides, not many of Red Lions Senior players are students any more. More likely to impact the other three teams.

Great win over Caloundra today. Uni were a few points down at the last break, but managed to power on in the last quarter, to win by a couple of goals. Skills and fitness really looked good.

Good to hear! :thumbsu:

Div 2 UQ went down in both games to Logan. Firey last quarter where the boys got within 3 kicks. Just didn't make the most of the opportunities I'm afraid.

Cheers Logan for the game today and cheers for the beers too! :D

any details on the weekends games? thoughts and opinions?

What a weekend of footy..

I think by the results shown on the weekend...
Anyteam in the top 5 could lift the cup in september..
Yeronga upsetting wynumm..
UQ upsetting The panthers
Cooparoo taking aspley
Alex thrashing Kenmore...

Goaling Kicking race is heating up too..
A.Templar From alex bagging 9 to get within strking distance of Lachie harris from aspley...Should be interesting when these too teams meet ina couple of weeks...( Any Truth to the rumor this Templer Fella Kicked 8 in the Last stazer???):cool:

What a weekend of footy..

UQ upsetting The panthers

Come on, a bit of credit for the mighty Red Lions please........Thats twice we've beaten them this year and its still called an upset??? Mind you their coach was mighty upset!! Add Hugh Millikan into the goal kicking race...only been forward for 4 games!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back