Aflq state league div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
tough conditions in the sandgate cooly game on the weekend. Sandgate won seniors by 4 or 5 goals and ressies by about 12pts. Cooly much improved from last year but still a few quality players short.
Sandgate up and going and in form will be a tough team to beat in both grades but like most teams, injuries will play a factor.

Any mail on Sandgate's reserve grade player coach......looks a bit like a player I saw going around in Tassie many years ago.............but back then he had a full head of hair?

Sandgate 2's coach can play and am surprised he's not still playing 1's....maybe the mind and body are not working together there?

Burleigh
Maroochy
Grange
Noosa
Palm Beach
Going to be an interesting year i think the sunny coast sides and Burleigh (who have recruited very well with some talented players) are going to be the front runners with Palm beach and Sandgate following..... Surfers will be the big slider lost too many gun players.....

Noosa havelost 11 of last years 22 from the Grand final. Sure they have picked up some good players, but Hicks, Tyrell and a few others are big shoes to fill. I think they are going to be a good side, but maybe giving them the flag might be a little hasty.

Noosa havelost 11 of last years 22 from the Grand final. Sure they have picked up some good players, but Hicks, Tyrell and a few others are big shoes to fill. I think they are going to be a good side, but maybe giving them the flag might be a little hasty.
Where has Hicks and co left to go to?

think noosa recruited really well so i think they have covered most of the losses

think noosa recruited really well so i think they have covered most of the losses

Hicks is a huge loss, have the recruited a full forward?

Maroochy will bounce back hard after a disapointing end to last year. Still have dual ass b&f ryan white, ex swan and afl premiership player ben matthews and a number of new faces.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

on the aflq website they have posted the 1st issue of efooty record for pineapple cup comp, it will answer many questions on who each club recruited

After round 1 tips results.
GORILLA BOY 4
ASHLEY SCHAFFER 4
OUR FATHER 4
MAGPIE BOY 4
TIGER G 3
RATTA TAT CAT 3
ONCE A TIGER 2

interesting results not surprised sandgate won but the margin was a surprise by 8 goals, didn't see the game but Mayne must of played well only going down by 3 goals against maroochy.
grange winning in a tight one against surfers maybe surfers not going bto be easy beats,
palm beach too good for pumas winning by 10 goals and burliegh too good for cooly

read match reports springwood 3rd qtr lapse hurt their chances of beating PBC really put it up to them, Mayne put in a good show their recruit from alex hills/redlands luke faulkner kicked 4 goals one of our best players. looks like he will be agreat addition to our forward line.

my round 2 tips
W/Grange v Burleigh = Burleigh
Mayne v Sandgate = Sandgate
Noosa V Palm Beach = Noosa
Springwood v Coolangatta = Springwood
Maroochy v Surfers = Maroochy

Burleigh
Sangate
Palmy
Cooli
N/shore

Un impressed with umps this week . why couldnt we have best umps till div 1 starts . umps in game at springwood sent player off and failed to inform intchange stewards. also got told on sat no boundary or goal umps for res'ys this year , i thought it was all sorted last year ie carnt play u18's on same day to ensure full complement of umps for all snr games

I have some interest in the league, this one has been floating around other leagues. Car to make some selections...

Premiers:
Wooden Spooners:
League Medal:
Biggest Improver from 09:
Biggest Slider from 09:
Goal Kicker:
Most expensive team:
Most under-rated player:
Most over-rated player:
Most loyal player in the league:
Toughest bloke in the league:
Biggest Sook in the league:

I have some interest in the league, this one has been floating around other leagues. Car to make some selections...

Premiers:
Wooden Spooners:
League Medal:
Biggest Improver from 09:
Biggest Slider from 09:
Goal Kicker:
Most expensive team:
Most under-rated player:
Most over-rated player:
Most loyal player in the league:
Toughest bloke in the league:
Biggest Sook in the league:
Premiers: Burleigh
Wooden Spooners: Coolie
Leauge Medal: Bloom
Improvers: Burleigh
Slider: Surfers
Goal Kicker: Pianta
Most Expensive: Noosa
Under-rated: Sullivan ( ex Surfers now Burleigh)
Over-rated: Lohrey/Housego
Loyal Player: Mills ( Maroochy )
Toughest Bloke: Brown ( Mayne ) Powell (Burleigh)
Sook: Rynhart/Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back