News AFLW 2024 New Jumpers

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne including MFC below Hertz
imagerender

The Bulldogs have also lost Priceline Pharmacy as sponsor
imagerender

Such a little thing and I don’t know if this is the thread for it (please move it if it’s not) but now that every team is represented can we move to having the teams use there own apparel partner instead of cotton on….

Such a little thing and I don’t know if this is the thread for it (please move it if it’s not) but now that every team is represented can we move to having the teams use there own apparel partner instead of cotton on….
Depends on when the contract with them expires

I won't say this will never happen, but it is not on the AFL's radar.
So long as the NFL (Nike) and the NHL (adidas) in North America are getting one manufacturer to do all their teams, the AFL will be trying to do the same.
There is no money in doing one AFLW team, even for the incumbent apparel suppliers. Very few AFLW jumpers are sold, merchandise is already related to the AFL team, so why would manufacturers want to?
The only advantage would be to be seen as a provider of female jumpers* for local footy. And that market is significantly smaller than Boys and Mens footy jumpers. Realistically, the only manufacturer with the ability to make AFLW on-field apparel would be one of the smaller manufacturers that already make it. ISC, Belgravia, Game Day, Cotton On, Grashan, StarSub etc. Some of whom already do the AFL clubs.

*The cut of female jumpers & shorts is different to that of male apparel. They need to have their own manufacturing run.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn look to be wearing a new clash guernsey at training todayView attachment 2036603
Perhaps the issue with the Hawks’, Crows’ and Eagles’ versions of this jumper from the late 2000s to early 2010s was the white base, this actually looks pretty solid. Almost has a reverse retro or a day back quality to it.

Other than R5 vs Geelong at Kardinia Park, I can't see Hawthorn's brown jumper getting worn away. I guess they could wear it for their home game vs Gold Coast if they want to wear it more than once without creating an unnecessary clash (assuming the idea is for it to be worn in games at all).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back