AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Gavalas moved into the middle in the fourth quarter. I don't think I saw enough from any Dogs that I'd be starting any of them right now. Ahrens maybe a budget option, but I'm not leaning that way.

Big tick for Sheerin. McKenzie's a good player, but the question is can she get enough volume possession to justify a mid spot. Good price and good role, though.

Gavalas moved into the middle in the fourth quarter. I don't think I saw enough from any Dogs that I'd be starting any of them right now. Ahrens maybe a budget option, but I'm not leaning that way.

Big tick for Sheerin. McKenzie's a good player, but the question is can she get enough volume possession to justify a mid spot. Good price and good role, though.
What about their no.1 pick?

Looks like Sheerin is playing significant mid minutes. Buttifant a potential D rookie option for the Dogs.

Richmond numbers are hard to read, but I think it's Egan/Sheerin/Conti/McKenzie in the middle most of the time and Blackburn/Pritchard/Berry/Carruthers for the Dogs.
That opens up Shevlin as a HB option too.

Pritchard has been an underpriced watch for me. McKenzie could be the perfect M5 pick.

Might just go up to a premo ruck. Jess Allan is the other cheaper option, but she will have Gould chopping out in ruck and Jess has played sole ruck games before without McKinnon. Those scores were around the 60-70 mark and 1 game at 88.
Yeah same. Although there’s some options in the 800s too. Lucy Wales should become sole ruck for the Hawks as Luke retired.

That opens up Shevlin as a HB option too.

Pritchard has been an underpriced watch for me. McKenzie could be the perfect M5 pick.
I wish I could tell you more about Shevlin's game, but it was really hard for me to tell what was going on at either end, Richmond's numbers being particularly problematic.

I had Pritchard on MM two seasons ago and got really annoyed that Burkey wouldn't use her in the centre. Picked her up for a week last year and she got me a 96 after a 112 against the Saints. I could easily see her pushing 90+ average if she gets the CBAs. The big question is what's Hyett going to do and I don't feel like I know that any better after watching their game today.

If McKenzie was available on another line I'd be much more keen on her. I just think her and Ham are too far down the pecking order at their respective clubs. I could easily get sucked into either, though, if they have a big week next week. Right now, I'm a yes on Sheerin and a maybe on McKenzie.

Some Fantasy relevant notes in terms of roles which may help with decisions

Did some research before this and feel like my team is already set baring 2-3 players that might change, but having troubles picking in bolter as the premos are alot more expensive compared to the salary.

Did some research before this and feel like my team is already set baring 2-3 players that might change, but having troubles picking in bolter as the premos are alot more expensive compared to the salary.
Yeah I’m pretty set on multiple players too it’s just a few spots in doubt

I've started up a head to head league for anyone interested in joining. Same as last year. Only 20 spots max allowed in the league.

League code: F8DAZXSH

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've started up a head to head league for anyone interested in joining. Same as last year. Only 20 spots max allowed in the league.

Great idea. I'm in.

I've set up an open league as well for those interested - 3Q0LW68X

joined, but I will be the sacrificial goat of the year I reckon... moved overseas and busy with a new baby so research is going to be pretty minimal!

I've only been able to watch bits and pieces so far this weekend. Settling down to watch the next couple of games

Hawks starting midfield was Wales rucking to Bates, Sherriff and West. Sydney's was Bella Smith rucking to Gardiner, Hurley and Kennedy.

I've only been able to watch bits and pieces so far this weekend. Settling down to watch the next couple of games

Hawks starting midfield was Wales rucking to Bates, Sherriff and West. Sydney's was Bella Smith rucking to Gardiner, Hurley and Kennedy.
Is Ally Morphett injured?

just noticed Hawthorn have completely revamped midfield of experience.

just noticed Hawthorn have completely revamped midfield of experience.
They've moved TLR and Tam Smith into defence and Baskaran is playing as a small forward. Their main mid setup seems to be Bates and West with either Breed or Sherriff. Their forward line looks really potent. McDonagh has a couple. Hipwell looks great (as a footballer, not really a fantasy option). Vukic is a beast. Plus there's Bodey and Gilroy. Plus Sherriff, when she's not in the middle.

Swans are rotating huge numbers through the middle. Gardiner is the only real constant in there. Kennedy was in most of them up until half time, but hasn't been in there since. Bullas has been in there a lot. Beruldsen has got in for a few. Molloy has been mostly forward but has been in for a few CBAs.

In terms of pickable players, I'd say Gardner as uber premo, Bates as a POD mid, West or Hurley as sub-$1M mids, Sherriff as a F4-5 and Beruldsen as a F5-6. EDIT: Wales as a smokey ruck option or Breed if a $350K mid fits your structure both seem viable. Ham spent too much time on the outside and Molloy spent to much time forward for me. If anyone has anybody they want to ask about, I'll see what I can remember.

Last edited:
They've moved TLR and Tam Smith into defence and Baskaran is playing as a small forward. Their main mid setup seems to be Bates and West with either Breed or Sherriff. Their forward line looks really potent. McDonagh has a couple. Hipwell looks great (as a footballer, not really a fantasy option). Vukic is a beast. Plus there's Bodey and Gilroy. Plus Sherriff, when she's not in the middle.

Swans are rotating huge numbers through the middle. Gardiner is the only real constant in there. Kennedy was in most of them up until half time, but hasn't been in there since. Bullas has been in there a lot. Beruldsen has got in for a few. Molloy has been mostly forward but has been in for a few CBAs.

In terms of pickable players, I'd say Gardner as uber premo, Bates as a POD mid, West or Hurley as sub-$1M mids, Sherriff as a F4-5 and Beruldsen as a F5-6. Ham spent too much time on the outside and Molloy spent to much time forward for me. If anyone has anybody they want to ask about, I'll see what I can remember.
Talk about a thrashing. Just saw the score. Might put me off Sydney players if they're not able to get their hands on it.
EDIT: and thanks for the write up. Appreciate it!

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back