AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Our whole side this season is all upside down. Eva is going forward permanently, Pease is down back and took every kick in bar one in the praccy (which will hugely effect anyone with Evans), Issy off HB, unknown where/if Dalton will play (no vflw or matchsim/prac), O'Dowd was used as primary ruck over Davies (with a huge presence around the ball, would have goaled had she remembered to bounce the ball in typical Irish fashion), it's a real mixed bag where scoring could come from anywhere.

Wish I had more answers. I have Pauga F5 currently but it's a big question mark.
Mikki as a junior used to put up big numbers. But I never saw her look close to a ball magnet in our side. Sure, she was playing forward, but good players still find a way to get involved. Maybe it'll click for her at GWS and I imagine the reason for moving was the play onball. Like others, I see her as no riskier than other options at the same price.

This will be handy.... but take with a massive grain of salt, remember Newcombe in the mens? Went massive in a praccy, scored poorly in the real thing.

Reminded me though, I shouldn't sleep on Caitlin Wendland. Held her spot in the Lions team for part of last year - wasn't outstanding, but I could see Arnell getting the best out of her. Grain of salt though, like you say.

Re-done my team quite a few times, but looking to get some feedback on the below:

Backs: Sheerin, Ruby, Goldrick, Serene Watson, Dayna Finn (Lutkins)
Mids: Noffy, Riddell, Rowbottom, Ellie McKenzie, Goody (Syme, UTL Window)
Rucks: Alice Edmonds (O'Dowd)
Fwds: Toogood, Hore, Brennan, Tripodi, Pauga (Ella K Smith)

Went top heavy on the forwards to get some more certainty but that means I've had to sacrifice a bit in the midfield (hoping McKenzie breaks out a bit) and back (hope Watson's role from the practice game against the Eagles continues).

Also went all-in on Port with Goody, Syme and Window but not wedded to that - seemed Window was quieter than I expected in the praccy but I think she will come good in the season proper...winning the SANFLW B&F at her age I'm backing her in.

Got $3k left so on cusp!

Edit: Hrm, well if Lucy Wales is back then I can save about $200k and upgrade McKenzie perhaps, or Tripodi to Sherriff.

Had like 120 pts but Morphett wasnt playing, still worth considering for sure.
Solo ruck will increase her scoring too. She was in tandem with Luke last season. Could pay an extra 100k to get her sister in

Can’t pick someone like Hickie as she simply doesn’t get enough possessions, she can rack up hitouts

Solo ruck will increase her scoring too. She was in tandem with Luke last season. Could pay an extra 100k to get her sister in

Can’t pick someone like Hickie as she simply doesn’t get enough possessions, she can rack up hitouts
It's between Wales and the cheaper opton of Allan for me, which changes my M4 based on which one so still deciding.

It's between Wales and the cheaper opton of Allan for me, which changes my M4 based on which one so still deciding.
Yeah I considered Allan too but less certain on her.

I reckon those less than 1m options are probably the best balance this season, hard to start Morphett of the back of no pre season, Edmonds can be up or down and Carlton have 10,000 rucks so can’t pick Moody or Good

Either of the Wales sisters would be the best picks IMO, as they had chop outs from others rather than a legit second ruck

Yeah I considered Allan too but less certain on her.

I reckon those less than 1m options are probably the best balance this season, hard to start Morphett of the back of no pre season, Edmonds can be up or down and Carlton have 10,000 rucks so can’t pick Moody or Good
Yeah had Edmonds for abit and she has a good run but think ill go the cheaper option.

Found Fantasy pretty easy with picks but Bolter is much harder as you cant copy the fantasy team haha, and need to leave a few out.

Yeah had Edmonds for abit and she has a good run but think ill go the cheaper option.

Found Fantasy pretty easy with picks but Bolter is much harder as you cant copy the fantasy team haha, and need to leave a few out.
Yeah Bolter is very challenging, managed to pull off a weekly winner on that last season too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re-done my team quite a few times, but looking to get some feedback on the below:

Went top heavy on the forwards to get some more certainty but that means I've had to sacrifice a bit in the midfield (hoping McKenzie breaks out a bit) and back (hope Watson's role from the practice game against the Eagles continues).

Also went all-in on Port with Goody, Syme and Window but not wedded to that - seemed Window was quieter than I expected in the praccy but I think she will come good in the season proper...winning the SANFLW B&F at her age I'm backing her in.

Got $3k left so on cusp!

Edit: Hrm, well if Lucy Wales is back then I can save about $200k and upgrade McKenzie perhaps, or Tripodi to Sherriff.
We've got 10 on-field players that are the same. I did some estimates and I had your players scoring about 20 points more than mine. The team seems solid and not at all controversial.

Edmonds has really good matchups early and the first round of double games, so I'd only downgrade her if you think Wales is better or you need the money. Stacking the bottom of your mids with Port players seems fine, since they're probably going to have to rely on them. Watson's going to be lower risk than she was, since a lot of people are bringing her in after seeing the scores. I don't think there's a ton of risk there anyway as a ~$400K D4 option. If she doesn't work out, you've got a reasonable backup option in Lutkins on the bench.

Got $3k left so on cusp!

Similar to mine but went cheaper in the ruck and forward line to get the 4th uber mid.

I reckon Steph is a touch better personally, but Lucy is worth the punt purely becuase she’ll be mostly solo rucking when she wasn’t last year
They're similar enough players that I'm happy just to take the cheaper one. That $100K helps with the bottom part of the lineup.

That said, if you have a spare $100K, Steph has West Coast and St Kilda in her first 3, where Lucy has 3 tougher opponents that she's never played before.

Worth pointing out that Lucy probably had the tougher ruck opposition on the weekend, even with Morphett and Hamilton missing.

They're similar enough players that I'm happy just to take the cheaper one. That $100K helps with the bottom part of the lineup.

That said, if you have a spare $100K, Steph has West Coast and St Kilda in her first 3, where Lucy has 3 tougher opponents that she's never played before.

Worth pointing out that Lucy probably had the tougher ruck opposition on the weekend, even with Morphett and Hamilton missing.
Yeah for me Lucy works a bit better money wise and structure wise but I can bring in Steph as well.

How was that tougher? Who were Sydney's ruck?

Carlton are a tough matchup with Moody/Moody/Good. EDIT: other than Carlton though, rest of season looks decent

Carlton are a tough matchup with Moody/Moody/Good. EDIT: other than Carlton though, rest of season looks decent
Yeah Lucy has a pretty smooth run post Blues

Pies, Crows, Saints, Cats, Suns, Freo, Eags, GWS, Dees, Tigs

Only tough matchups in that run are Frederick and Strom.

Compared to Steph, she’ll face Morphett, the King/Rennie pairing, Edmonds, and the Moody’s and Good at some point. So a lot more harder matchups

Bella Smith and Giselle Davies. Not good, but I'd take it over Pearce/Darby/Featherston. My point is less that Lucy was better and more that we can't really expect either to go 100+ with any regularity.

For sure. I'd expect Carlton to win the hitouts, I'm just hoping Lucy can be competitive in that area and get some possession around the ground. I'll back her in even if she has a poor showing first up.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back