AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, but DGW players lockout after the first game
This will hurt if they go off injured and miss the next, assume they'd be locked on field?

Will also make trading complicated. Someone goes bang game 1, and you can't get them game 2 (of that double up week)
Gonna be a lot of locked out players.

Last edited:

Here’s the DGW for each club.

First week has some juicy options, second week give or take, week three there’s a lot, week four not a lot.

You can easily see yourself picking even mids those weeks who get 80s and such

View attachment 2088026
Ive got last 3 weeks set, first week i have no idea. Like 50k short of Anderson.

And yeah even 80 both games = 320. Which beats a 140x2, a no brainer.

Ive got last 3 weeks set, first week i have no idea. Like 50k short of Anderson.

And yeah even 80 both games = 320. Which beats a 140x2, a no brainer.
I’m not gonna start players on the basis of these weeks but they’ll be trade in targets

But my current DGW players out of interest (based on my starting squad on field)

W4: Anderson, Ruby
W5: Sheerin, Goody, Vescio, Finn
W6: O’Sullivan, Bates, Sheriff, L Wales, Rowbottom, Toogood.
W7: Watson, Noffy, Goldrick, Hore

So back end I’m pretty set but you never know what happens with typical Fantasy BS so you can’t really plan ahead

Last edited:
I’m not gonna start players on the basis of these weeks but they’ll be trade in targets.
Yeah ive had that thought also, im fine with 3 of my players starting each week but dont think i wanna force the first week when i can go someone with a good run and maybe trade them into someone on the first week.

Yeah ive had that thought also, im fine with 3 of my players starting each week but dont think i wanna force the first week when i can go someone with a good run and maybe trade them into someone on the first week.
Yeah as long you have 3 players per DGW you can add up to 3 more anyway with the trades regardless. You can have almost half your team as DGW players each week during that period

Anyone going Strom? I'm finding it really hard to find a reason not to.

I can see lots of upside from where she's at, the draw is soft except for Carlton, the midfield losses are significant, yet Edmonds seems the universally preferred choice with a much harder ruck run. What am I missing, or is it just the usual 'people forgetting about Freo'?

I can see lots of upside from where she's at, the draw is soft except for Carlton, the midfield losses are significant, yet Edmonds seems the universally preferred choice with a much harder ruck run. What am I missing, or is it just the usual 'people forgetting about Freo'?
I started Mim last year and was rewarded with a first round ton so she’s not a terrible pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Edmonds has really good matchups early and the first round of double games, so I'd only downgrade her if you think Wales is better or you need the money.
Yeah good point - the DGW was what attracted me to her in particular.

I was 50/50 on Mim vs Edmonds to be honest. I'll probably re-assess after the first DGW with Edmonds to see if it is feasible to keep her all the way.

Practice game I see Mim scored 89 against the Pies (Barnett / Fredrick) whereas Edmonds scored 62 against GC (Lauren Bella), although seems Aisling McCarthy was quite strong in midfield in filling the Stannett / Turbo gap.

I reckon she'll be the most consistent without going huge or low. She's their sole ruck, gets involved with handballing it out and tackling. She didn't take any marks in the practice match, but last year, her role was normally to defend the 50 arches and stop the ball from rebounding out by taking strong marks. I think the choice is between her, Edmonds, Wales, Wales or the riskier picks in Allan and Poppy Kelly.

I was 50/50 on Mim vs Edmonds to be honest. I'll probably re-assess after the first DGW with Edmonds to see if it is feasible to keep her all the way.

Practice game I see Mim scored 89 against the Pies (Barnett / Fredrick) whereas Edmonds scored 62 against GC (Lauren Bella), although seems Aisling McCarthy was quite strong in midfield in filling the Stannett / Turbo gap.

I reckon she'll be the most consistent without going huge or low. She's their sole ruck, gets involved with handballing it out and tackling. She didn't take any marks in the practice match, but last year, her role was normally to defend the 50 arches and stop the ball from rebounding out by taking strong marks. I think the choice is between her, Edmonds, Wales, Wales or the riskier picks in Allan and Poppy Kelly.
Thanks for the sanity check peeps, much appreciated.

I just couldn't deal with all of the youtube and podcasts sleeping on her completely and 5.8% own. With her continual improvement, preseason form and just everything I'm seeing I really feel like she's potentially a great set&forget with plenty of upside.

Thanks for the sanity check peeps, much appreciated.

I just couldn't deal with all of the youtube and podcasts sleeping on her completely and 5.8% own. With her continual improvement, preseason form and just everything I'm seeing I really feel like she's potentially a great set&forget with plenty of upside.
Definitely a set and forget. I started her last year and then sideways to Morphett when Morphett was on the up and up, then sideways her back to Strom when she got injured. She was solid all year.

Some more names we've haven't considered but damn it's hard not to get influenced by these articles lmao

Not gotta cut half my team though.

Strongly considering A.McCarthy and Wales based partly on that article. I was going to go in with 4 genuine gun mids but i think ill take the shot on McCarthy and beef up my forwardline a bit. O'Sullivan & Roberts leave my team for Hodder and McCarthy.

Strongly considering A.McCarthy and Wales based partly on that article. I was going to go in with 4 genuine gun mids but i think ill take the shot on McCarthy and beef up my forwardline a bit. O'Sullivan & Roberts leave my team for Hodder and McCarthy.
Yeah fair.

I’ve still got probably two spots in doubt for my side, M4 (Got Bates there at the moment but considering a lower priced option with some upside to also beef the FWDs up, like McKay, Pritchard etc, McKay scored in the 90s five times last year so she’s capable of regular tons)

and F4 (Got O’Sullivan there but a backline role isn’t the worst for her)

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back