AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Any obvious mistakes? I have taken low side risk with a few in order to free up some sallary space for a few more high end players. Not sure about E Brown in defence, haven't heard much. Schilling is a risk, got towelled up in the scratchie, but a bit out of position I think. Cleaver as bench ruck, a position I don't think she will play, but not certain she is available first game, she wasn't for the scratch matches. Some taken from articles and recommendations, that I don't personally know much about.

Defenders
Lutkins
Schleicher
Goldrick
Brown
Schilling

Mids
Goody
Lamb
Marinoff
Dowrick
Hanks

Ruck
S Wales

Forwards
McKee
Harris
Tighe
Toogood

Interchange
Coyne (def)
Breed (mid)
Cleaver (ruc)
Tripodi (fwd)

Utility Houghton

Any obvious mistakes?
Eleanor Brown is still missing. Hasn't played since the first half of the game in R10 in S7. There's never been any explanation either. The Dogs aren't good at communicating.

Dowrick has a finger problem. She didn't play on the weekend and may not be ready for the opening game.

Harris had a quad strain on the weekend. She sounds optimistic she'll play, but between that and her trip to Paris she's missed the preseason games. New role in defence, apparently, as well. A lot of unknown.

Coyne has probably been on the Dogs inactive list since before the draft, but there hasn't been official confirmation of that. The Dogs don't like telling us things and nobody's asking. Coyne hasn't played in the preseason.

Cleaver was listed as being out with netball, which sounds serious, but I'm not sure of the recovery time. If she doesn't get named you can easily just switch her to O'Dowd or Pearce without too much hassle. Bench ruck options this year are not great.

Houghton is way too expensive for the utility spot. You could swap her with McKee or downgrade her and use the money elsewhere. Even without her that's the most stacked forward line I've seen so far.

Eleanor Brown is still missing. Hasn't played since the first half of the game in R10 in S7. There's never been any explanation either. The Dogs aren't good at communicating.

Dowrick has a finger problem. She didn't play on the weekend and may not be ready for the opening game.

Harris had a quad strain on the weekend. She sounds optimistic she'll play, but between that and her trip to Paris she's missed the preseason games. New role in defence, apparently, as well. A lot of unknown.

Coyne has probably been on the Dogs inactive list since before the draft, but there hasn't been official confirmation of that. The Dogs don't like telling us things and nobody's asking. Coyne hasn't played in the preseason.

Cleaver was listed as being out with netball, which sounds serious, but I'm not sure of the recovery time. If she doesn't get named you can easily just switch her to O'Dowd or Pearce without too much hassle. Bench ruck options this year are not great.

Houghton is way too expensive for the utility spot. You could swap her with McKee or downgrade her and use the money elsewhere. Even without her that's the most stacked forward line I've seen so far.
These are the details I dont keep on top of.

Yeah fair.

I’ve still got probably two spots in doubt for my side, M4 (Got Bates there at the moment but considering a lower priced option with some upside to also beef the FWDs up, like McKay, Pritchard etc, McKay scored in the 90s five times last year so she’s capable of regular tons)

and F4 (Got O’Sullivan there but a backline role isn’t the worst for her)
After a couple of days thinking about it, feeling more confident in retaining both in my team, feel like the Hawks will have a new and exciting spark with the new coach and mid setup so Bates should take advantage of that and I’ve gotta back her consistent scoring.

And GOS’s backline role is better than that deep forward role

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No stats from the practice match for Celine Moody - but she did play, right? Some kind of mix-up?
Maybe she didn't play. Crows had named Gould but she didn't play. I get the Moody's mixed up, so I don't remember.
EDIT: just saw the post game summary. She definitely didn't play. Looked like she was doing testing on the sidelines and must've felt sore or something, because she didn't end up playing.

Last edited:
Is VC loop still a thing? Thought it wasn't in AFLW Fantasy for some reason.
It is, but you really need your bench making as much money as possible. I didn't start last year with a VC loop and got confused with what colour was VC and C, but did cop an injury in round 2 and used that loop for a bit after that.

I found it so much harder to pick a team in Bolter. The price of Noffy is 7.5x higher than a rookie in Bolter.
Yeah 7.5 compared to 5.5 in normal, ive just picked two premos in the mids and made the rest of the team basically the same, but you definitely need to go a mid pricer in the mids in bolter.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back