AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Short notice, but is anyone interested in trying out a draft? The Bolter people have put together a draft site.

I've set up a league (code: 261145c9 ) if anyone is keen. Right now I've set it to 8 teams, but I can change it to 4,12,16 depending on interest. If nobody is keen, that's fine, too.

Draft is set for Thursday night 8:30 (after teams), but that can also be changed if that doesn't work for people. You can also set a list for auto-drafting, if you don't want to sit through it (just make sure to get Bowers out of there).

No pressure. You don't need to let me know. You can just join if you're interested.

Short notice, but is anyone interested in trying out a draft? The Bolter people have put together a draft site.

I've set up a league (code: 261145c9 ) if anyone is keen. Right now I've set it to 8 teams, but I can change it to 4,12,16 depending on interest. If nobody is keen, that's fine, too.

Draft is set for Thursday night 8:30 (after teams), but that can also be changed if that doesn't work for people. You can also set a list for auto-drafting, if you don't want to sit through it (just make sure to get Bowers out of there).

No pressure. You don't need to let me know. You can just join if you're interested.
I'm not super competitive with this sort of thing, which is why I've never done a draft before, but I can give it a try.

If Dowrick is fit, will Window play though? Will have to wait and see.
Even if Window does play, there's a fair battle for mid time at Port right now. They started Moloney, Stewart and Syme in there against Melbourne. Lamb rotated in there and they used others as well.

At the very least, I'd be hesitant to start her on field.

Just swapped
Laura Gardiner (Low of 93 High of 151)
for
Ash Riddell (low of 79 High of 151)

Purely to achieve the $0 remaining side that just seems right, but only leaves you short of grabbing anyone you missed.

I'll probably swap them back at some point..

I still don't have anyone of note for the Rd 4 double ups (Coll, WCE, Bris, WBD)
(Thomas, Sheerin & Hodder only)

Guess my early plan is to make money for 3 weeks and then hopefully grab 1/the best averaging player from those teams.
(Blackburn/Anderson/Roberts type upgrade)

Just swapped
Laura Gardiner (Low of 93 High of 151)
for
Ash Riddell (low of 79 High of 151)

Purely to achieve the $0 remaining side that just seems right, but only leaves you short of grabbing anyone you missed.

I'll probably swap them back at some point..

I still don't have anyone of note for the Rd 4 double ups (Coll, WCE, Bris, WBD)

(Thomas, Sheerin & Hodder only)

Guess my early plan is to make money for 3 weeks and then hopefully grab 1/the best averaging player from those teams.
(Blackburn/Anderson/Roberts type upgrade)
Can always trade in a player before that round to get the double up.

Potential milestones

75 games
Anne Hatchard (Adelaide Crows)
Emma Kearney (North Melbourne Tasmanian Kangaroos)
Emma King (North Melbourne Tasmanian Kangaroos)

50 games
Nicole Bresnehan (North Melbourne Tasmanian Kangaroos)
Mikayla Bowen (Geelong Cats)
Courtney Hodder (Brisbane Lions)
Mia King (North Melbourne Tasmanian Kangaroos)
Amy McDonald (Geelong Cats)
Alyce Parker (GWS GIANTS)
Ashleigh Saint (Port Adelaide)
Mim Strom (Fremantle)
Kate Surman (Geelong Cats)
Chloe Scheer (Geelong Cats)

Goal milestones
Kate Hore (Melbourne) requires two goals to reach 75 career goals. Hore is currently on 73 goals.
Eden Zanker (Melbourne) requires one goal to reach 50 career goals. Zanker is currently on 49 goals.

75 games as teammates
Jasmine Garner and Emma King (North Melbourne Tasmanian Kangaroos)
Ebony Marinoff and Stevie-Lee Thompson (Adelaide Crows)
Ebony Marinoff and Anne Hatchard (Adelaide Crows)

It's the big discussion on whether to do that or start them, means wasting less trades early on that and fixing other spots.
Yeh, I'm still trying to figure out these double game weeks and what strategy to use.
Definitely a lot harder this year than last. Last year, I felt like we only had to start 1 rookie and majority were premos or mid-pricers.

Also, need to remember that trades cannot be edited in AFLW fantasy, like the mens game.

Yeh, I'm still trying to figure out these double game weeks and what strategy to use.
Definitely a lot harder this year than last. Last year, I felt like we only had to start 1 rookie and majority were premos or mid-pricers.

Also, need to remember that trades cannot be edited in AFLW fantasy, like the mens game.
Yeah I’ve got quite a few DGW players in the back end of that period

But problem is you can’t plan too early because you never know what BS pops up. I think the double players will be trade targets through that first month and slowly build up the numbers before week 4

Kate Kenny to debut for the Cats in W1

Small forward who will replace Scheer in the short term so could be worth a punt on your bench to save 70k instead of a Tripodi type

Maximising scoring over the DGW period has to be a priority. Noticed in the rules that emergency scores will only be counted if the onfield DGW player misses BOTH games.

"This means that an emergency will only replace an on field score if the player on field did not play in both of their games."

So if your DGW captain gets injured in the first game you are in a world of pain as not only do you miss the captain's double points in game two, there is no emergency score as well (if they are also DGW).

It seems that as some sort of insurance it might be prudent to have DGW players as both your C AND VC through weeks 4-7.

We have 3 trades per week so I'll look to have at least 2 high-end (95+ avg) DGW players rotating through the team during this period and my starting squad will be provisioned for round 4.

It's a plan... a plan more than likely to fail. :grinning:

Last edited:
Maximising scoring over the DWG weeks has to be a priority. Noticed in the rules that emergency scores will only be counted if the onfield DGW player misses BOTH games.

"This means that an emergency will only replace an on field score if the player on field did not play in both of their games."

So if your DGW captain goes down in the first game you are in a world of pain as not only do you miss the captain's double points in game two but there is no emergency score to alleviate some of the pain (if they are also a DGW player).

It seems that as some sort of insurance it might be prudent to have DGW players as both your C AND VC through weeks 4-7.

We have 3 trades per week so I'll look to have at least 2 high-end (95+ avg) DGW players rotating through the team during this period and my starting squad will be provisioned for round 4.

It's a plan... a plan more than likely to fail. :grinning:
Yeah ive got mine set for all weeks bar the first week as there arent alot of good options (Anderson and Blackburn).
Wondering if i go for a player with a good run and trade into one of those two or just start with one of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trying to decide on L Wales, J Allan or Edmonds, Wales good praccy match but not against Morphett, but Edmonds has a really good early run, same as Allan, but Edmonds has the double games Round 4.

So its based on if you think you'll be holding Wales/Allan till round 6-7 to get her DG, if not then its probably Edmonds right?

Not sure if others have given much thought to DGW strategy.

Essentially the reverse of byes in the men.

4-4-4-6 teams across the 4 rounds.

You want to front load your team for round 4, then trade out those players after the double.

A ruck rookie would be golden if possible, so need to keep an eye out.

Currently for r4 I have
WC- 2 premo
Coll - 1 premo 1 rookie
BL - Hodder
WB - nil

May add a rookie of one of these teams now, or after r1 if looks to have good scoring and JS.

You want to front load your team for round 4, then trade out those players after the double.

Currently for r4 I have
WC- 2 premo
Coll - 1 premo 1 rookie
BL - Hodder
WB - nil

May add a rookie of one of these teams now, or after r1 if looks to have good scoring and JS.
Just gotta remember though if you're frontloading to many and anything happens/to many bad picks you're then stuck with alot of them for further weeks.

Yeah im just going with the locked picks as first priority then weighing up someone who has the early DGW and seeing if they outweigh the better pick.
Definitely.

Like I could focus early on trading in W4 players in those opening weeks.

Still mulling over M4. Running Bates but considering someone to add an extra W4 player, like a Bonnici or a Drennan who are a bit cheaper, but wanna prioritize early points becuase for once I wanna have a good start in Fantasy lol. Brit is a good scorer and can ton up and is very kick happy. Drennan back in the CBAs for the Eagles could bump her scoring back up again, so it's tough.

Definitely.

Like I could focus early on trading in W4 players in those opening weeks.

Still mulling over M4. Running Bates but considering someone to add an extra W4 player, like a Bonnici or a Drennan who are a bit cheaper, but wanna prioritize early points becuase for once I wanna have a good start in Fantasy lol. Brit is a good scorer and can ton up and is very kick happy. Drennan back in the CBAs for the Eagles could bump her scoring back up again, so it's tough.
Yeah feel like M4 is the hardest pick by far along with the starting ruck, reason why im kinda leaning towards Edmonds now as she will be there all year and has her DGW in round 4 and Wales has her DGW in round 6 so you'd have to 100% commit to holding her till then if you go that way.

Reason why i wont go Allan as its riskier but Wales could potentially be a good scorer.

Currently for r4 I have
WC- 2 premo
Coll - 1 premo 1 rookie
BL - Hodder
WB - nil

This sounds very complicated, especially since there's less to choose from in round 4. And do we start them, trade into them to keep, or trade into them to only trade out the following week.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back