AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah feel like M4 is the hardest pick by far along with the starting ruck, reason why im kinda leaning towards Edmonds now as she will be there all year and has her DGW in round 4 and Wales has her DGW in round 6 so you'd have to 100% commit to holding her till then if you go that way.

Reason why i wont go Allan as its riskier but Wales could potentially be a good scorer.
D3 is also my problem spot, had Goldrick there all preseason but getting cold feet.....

D3 and M4 will be rotated a lot I feel before Friday lol

D3 is also my problem spot, had Goldrick there all preseason but getting cold feet.....

D3 and M4 will be rotated a lot I feel before Friday lol
She's playing more mid if i remember correctly, but yeah has the later DGW so makes the pick abit less appealing. Allan from Collingwood is probably the only other pick around that price that has the early DGW, or you just pay up for Thomas.

She's playing more mid if i remember correctly, but yeah has the later DGW so makes the pick abit less appealing. Allan from Collingwood is probably the only other pick around that price that has the early DGW, or you just pay up for Thomas.
That's why I picked her initially due to that ....

That's my conundrum, I probably should get an 800K+ DEF with at least a guranteed and safe role and go cheaper in M4

Only thing is the mid line is way more riskier gambling on a mid pricer when the scoring is way higher.
Excatly haha which is why it's super hard to choose

There are good options in the 700s though.... I'm not gonna go below a mil for M4, tried the upside strategy last year and it put me behind early

I mentioned Bonnici before, she really should be priced higher but two 40s at the end of last year means she's still semi cheap. Was averaging in the 90s before those last two.

Excatly haha which is why it's super hard to choose

There are good options in the 700s though.... I'm not gonna go below a mil for M4, tried the upside strategy last year and it put me behind early
Yeah ive looked at Mckenzie but don't think ill go there.

Mine is basically,

Wales and Anderson or Blackburn
or
Edmonds and E Roberts

I know Roberts is risky as she might not be playing full time mid but i think her DGW makes up for it, she also could have big upside if she infact does play more mid.
I then can hopefully trade Roberts after her DGW to a proper premo on there DGW.

I'm giving this a crack for the first time. I dont know anything about fantasy so just copying the vanilla team and will look to play the trading game. I know the ruck in that vanilla team is injured. Are there any cheap rucks with the solo ruck role?
Free Kick is pretty great

I'm planning to go with Wales from Hawks.

I have Pearce from Cats on the bench and the hope is that she becomes solo ruck, and could potentially be fieldable.

Unless team lists throw up some surprises ii think im set (maybe 97% haha) on both Bolter and AFLW Fantasy.

Starting with my Bolter.... (I just Magic'd up today, keen to see the extra features)

I feel like this backline has a decent balance about it. Goldrick and Watson are no guarantees to come off but i have Lutkins and A.McDonald waiting in the wings if those mid-priced gambles dont pay off.

Midfield almost picked itself too. Noff and Garner were always going to be in my side and i have high hopes for McCarthy too. Then the Port duo.

Didnt really strongly consider any other selections apart from McKenzie but im not convinced she will be good enough from that price point to make her a must have but i am prepared to chop and change a little bit if she fires from the start.

Rucks seem to have a fair few options that could be good value, even picks much more expensive than Wales like Edmonds and Strom could definitely increase their respective averages (especially Edmonds id say).

I just think Wales gets the nodd for me because her price seems to be where i want it given the rest of my team. Hopefully i dont need to trade her early but id like to think that i could have a few options to go from her (ideally up, but maybe even down).

Forwardline is a bit weak but im confident in Pauga & Breed doing well. Ham and Gavalas are popular-ish breakout candidates. Not sure both will come off but if one does, i might consider that a win. Tripodi is a bit of an interesting one given i think she has the makings of a great player but will it translate to fantasy? We will see

Bench is subject to change but i think im happy with going for the 2 slightly more expensive defenders and Pearce is locked in. Stone/Kievit may change based on team lists

Screenshot 2024-08-29 at 3.15.03 pm.png

Then we have my AFLW Fantasy side which is similar to Bolter but ive just fit in a few more guns thanks to the salary cap. Not too many picks to justify here. Hoping Hodder gets that lucrative role which she seems set for.

Thomas/Rowbottom/Hore/Brennan are the guns ive been able to field in Fantasy over Bolter, given the more generous salary cap.

Hoping the team lists dont throw up any curveballs and im pretty much set. Its worth noting i have not really thought about the double game weeks yet but after round 1 or 2 i will turn my attention to it. Im more focussed on just picking what i deem is the best team i can afford.

Screenshot 2024-08-29 at 3.15.29 pm.png

Thats me set. Good luck to everyone. Lots of decisions to make in the next 28 hours, hopefully you make the right calls! :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond and Adelaide predominantly. and hawthorn
Richmond have Poppy Kelly. I assumed Seymour was going to help out in ruck, but that didn't happen in the practice match. A couple other players had the odd hitout, but it was all on Kelly.

Adelaide have Jess Allan. With Montana McKinnon gone, Allan will shoulder the ruck, but Caitlin Gould (our previous ruck turned forward) will be spending time in their to help out during rests. If Gould doesn't play, Prowse and Biddell might be the ones to help out.

Hawthorn have Wales and Vukic? I don't know much about Vukic and if she'll play. Might have to wait on teams.

Freo have Strom as sole ruck. A very solid option. Did hit 1 ton last year in round 1 against West Coast.

Hawthorn have Wales and Vukic? I don't know much about Vukic and if she'll play. Might have to wait on teams.
I'm pretty confident Vukic will play, but it'll be 90% as a key forward. Vukic wasn't even taking F50 stoppages, which a lot of R2s do. I assume the only CBAs Vukic got were when Wales was off the ground.

EDIT: Vukic is in, along with Stone and Williamson.

Last edited:
If Pauga is getting mid time she's almost a lock now IMO.
Hard agree. While what the role looks like remains to be seen, seems like Berna may be shuffling the magnets slightly now Dalton is gone for the season, and with the ownership, it's bloody hard to bet against her.

The one hiccup it throws up for me is what O'Dowd's role will look like. If, like I think, Davies was just being managed for the practice games and will still be main ruck, could be a lot of bench time with more roaming through the middle.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back