AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally, I wouldn't be. Wales and Edmonds are their team's star ruck. They should still play majority of ruck with the helper helping out only when they're off the ground. No point giving your extra ruck a rest (unless it's up forward for Edmonds) just because you have a secondary ruck.
Yeah fair enough, just looking at J Allan for the crows doesn't seem to have a backup ruckman and is cheap.

No Davey or Bruton. The latter is probably good for Tripodi.

Borg named for the Dogs means two dedicated rucks plus McKee - makes me less keen on Edmonds and McKee.

Goldrick is also under an injury cloud - named on the bench but is supposed to have a fitness test tonight.

Also Dowrick named despite the finger issue.
Do you have a source?

Are we worried about Wales with Vukic named? Same with Borg for Edmonds..
Vukic isn't a worry. I was expecting her to be named. Borg is a surprise. McKee seemed just fine spelling Edmonds in the exhibition game. Now I assume Borg will take all the R2 ruck contests. The question is, how many is that? Are they going to waste a bench spot on somebody who is going to play ~20% of the game?

Vukic isn't a worry. I was expecting her to be named. Borg is a surprise. McKee seemed just fine spelling Edmonds in the exhibition game. Now I assume Borg will take all the R2 ruck contests. The question is, how many is that? Are they going to waste a bench spot on somebody who is going to play ~20% of the game?
Yeah fair enough, rules out Edmonds for me then i think, Wales or Allan now..

I'm considering Morphett as well. Sheerin out means I'm doing a lot more tinkering than this time last year. Last year I only had my D5 not get named. D1 is a lot more painful.
Hard to pick a player that's been injured all pre-season. Also hard to pick anyone based off of 1 practice match.

Hard to pick a player that's been injured all pre-season. Also hard to pick anyone based off of 1 practice match.
Agreed on both.

The fact that Syndey didn't pick any real R2 options is either a sign of confidence, or a sign she'll be a late out for Smith. Fortunately, they're the first game, so if I go that route and she's a late out, I can just downgrade her to someone.

Now that I've got some money freed up, I'm considering a Wales switch as well, given Steph has a better run of early games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sheerin to Ella Heads easy enough swap for me.
Gonna wait on Schleicher.

Only have Tripodi extended squad (not green yet) but she seems safe enough to be named.

How much cash are you lot leaving ITB for the inevitable rookie that goes Bang? Price rises can be pretty steep early, so do you keep cash ITB or have a couple of downgrade targets you can swing to from your starting squad?

Can also someone please explain how it works the rounds where teams play twice?
Similar to BBL Supercoach, both scores are counted in that round for any player with the double round. But with only two trades per round you can't really load up too much for any one bye.

Can also someone please explain how it works the rounds where teams play twice?
This is in the guidelines section at the bottom of the page.

1724978895400.png

I would assume that a Players BE is calculated after the 1st game of a DGW, but I might be wrong and it's the aggregate of the 2 games.
Could be some large price movements in rookies.

Personally, I wouldn't be. Wales and Edmonds are their team's star ruck. They should still play majority of ruck with the helper helping out only when they're off the ground. No point giving your extra ruck a rest (unless it's up forward for Edmonds) just because you have a secondary ruck.

I did have a look at last year's games and Borg's only game is the one where Edmonds missed. So this is the first time we'll see them play together. And the issue is more around whether Edmonds drops from a 80 to a 65 with Borg playing - difference between playing a majority vs a full game.

re: Sheerin - I do have enough $ to move straight to Thomas but now I'm pondering with Goldrick under a cloud whether to downgrade Sheerin to shore up D3 as well.

Other consideration - I take a punt and move Serene Watson up to D3 (Sheerin to Heads) and run with Lutkins, Finn and Beatty at D4/D5/EMG, and then upgrade Ellie McKenzie to Bonnici or Ally Anderson with Davey out. I did have both for extended periods last year and having them at M4 would be amazing.

So if I'm going to sacrifice the backline somewhat...this is how it looks. $16k ITB.

Sheerin to Heads (injury)
Goldrick to Beatty (injury cloud + cash saving)
Ellie McKenzie to Anderson (love this upgrade)
Syme to Breed (saving some cash)
McKee to Ella K Smith (better role now)
Brennan to Hodder, who oddly seems to score better against the stronger teams (68 v Swans, 65 v Pies, 74 v Roos, 62 v Crows, 92 v Mel, then scored 69, 61 and 92 in the 3 finals matches) compared to the weaker teams (14 v Hawks, 30 v Saints, 49 v Tigers). Lions first 3 matches are against Roos, Pies and Dees.

1724982380200.png

Last edited:
One that interests me is D'Arcy being named on ball. Probably means nothing - final teams are probably Single, Rowbottom and Whitford in the middle - but D'Arcy was great in the preseason game (admittedly against ordinary oppo).
Gold Coast have such a dearth of midfielders though, outside of those 3 who really can go through the middle of those named...she may end up getting more game time than we think. But I'd be reluctant to start her, probably wait a week and see...

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back