AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

This is in the guidelines section at the bottom of the page.

View attachment 2096378

I would assume that a Players BE is calculated after the 1st game of a DGW, but I might be wrong and it's the aggregate of the 2 games.
Could be some large price movements in rookies.
After completion, calculating price rise on aggregate but B.E on AVG would make sense.

Even though it's a double up, it's still a proper 11 game season for all.

I have gone from $0 remaining to $500k.
Finding an upgrade target is easy, but who to cull is hard as all the cheaper players were picked for a reason (upside/dollars)

I just realised Lutkins is on extended bench
Yeah, was listening to the Free Kick pod and they mentioned that while the Roos seem to have listed their extended bench in likely order of playing i.e. the last 3 are likely to be the emergencies, the Lions have listed their bench in alphabetical order so it's less clear who will play.

Having said that - Lutkins not playing would be a bit of a shock.

After completion, calculating price rise on aggregate but B.E on AVG would make sense.

Even though it's a double up, it's still a proper 11 game season for all.

I have gone from $0 remaining to $500k.
Finding an upgrade target is easy, but who to cull is hard as all the cheaper players were picked for a reason (upside/dollars)
I found the hardest thing last year was to nail to the good rookies, I managed a fair % but those early, massive price rises caught me out a bit.
I imagine that most are running with 5-6 rookies on field, but with only 5 bench rookies, upgrading those on field gets tricky. My hope is that both Lutkins and Goody become keepers and 1-2 of my 4 forward rookies can hold down F4-F5, at least for the majority of the season.
Having a bit of a struggle with DGW strategy though. I know that it's productive to load up with the high scoring players and in particular getting the Captain choice right. I think it's imperative to also nail those rookies who might debut during those rounds but I'm guessing that those debuts would be for just the one game, just as important though to cash out on DGW rookies after those weeks as it's right in the middle of upgrade season.
For mine, I'm just starting with the best team that I can manage then load up and unload as those rounds progress, not keen on starting players who might have question marks over their production just for sake of having them for the DGW's
I've left 100k ITB, not sure if that's enough, as much more than that impacts my on field score.

Yeah, was listening to the Free Kick pod and they mentioned that while the Roos seem to have listed their extended bench in likely order of playing i.e. the last 3 are likely to be the emergencies, the Lions have listed their bench in alphabetical order so it's less clear who will play.

Having said that - Lutkins not playing would be a bit of a shock.
Just named on field now lol.
Duursma not named. Tripodi on bench.

I've thought about it too much, I'm done, any thoughts on this hot mess doomed for utter failure?

View attachment 2096715

Sweating on Goldrick, but can't pick an alternative.

Window as utility, which again, don't love.

Oh boy, here we go 🙃
I'd say majority of teams have very similar core players and just a mix-match of mid-pricers and rookies.
My main concern is whether to have Tripodi or not. How long is Bruton out for? Tripodi will get midfield time, but it won't take her to the DGW, so she might be a trade out before then due to role. Forward line is very difficult to choose from though.

I'd say majority of teams have very similar core players and just a mix-match of mid-pricers and rookies.
My main concern is whether to have Tripodi or not. How long is Bruton out for? Tripodi will get midfield time, but it won't take her to the DGW, so she might be a trade out before then due to role. Forward line is very difficult to choose from though.
Reckon you have to start Tripodi given her role, you never know what happens, Bruton might have a set back, Garner or Riddell might miss a week or two. Even if it's just for the 1 game she should score enough to have a reasonable price rise which makes it easy to pivot to another rookie early enough to get on that wagon.

Reckon you have to start Tripodi given her role, you never know what happens, Bruton might have a set back, Garner or Riddell might miss a week or two. Even if it's just for the 1 game she should score enough to have a reasonable price rise which makes it easy to pivot to another rookie early enough to get on that wagon.
Does the Fantasy website know something I don't? Tripodi still a black icon but seems to be formally named on bench now. She's playing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's the one I've been tossing up the most.

Most of preaseason I had a risky play there; If Issy had played the praccy and I got to see her TOG and role in HB, especially with Dalton out, I probably would have taken a punt. But now she's been named at HF, so christ knows what Bernasconi is cooking up there.

I'm still tossing up starting McKee instead, or betting against Window and running Tripodi at utility and McKee on the bench. Which the more I think about it is a tempting option that leaves more cash in the bank to fix mistakes.

Up against the toughest matchup in Brisbane as well. Hopefully, but we'll see.

Also on the Allen regret train.
Terrible for someone with 95% time on ground.
This is what AFLW DEF can serve up though and why I won't pick Duursma after a score of 4 last year.

Haha well glad I have a few people to commiserate with.

Would have been far worse if I was alone in this decision.

Let's see what Watson does now to see my sliding doors moment.

Started montana ham cause heard she's had a great offseason. Had a solid second half after a slow start.

Having Roberts as one of my first selected only to take her out so my starting team was vanilla

Arrested Development Mistake GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back