AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Having Roberts as one of my first selected only to take her out so my starting team was vanilla

Arrested Development Mistake GIF
It's only Richmond šŸ˜‰

Same lmao, 3/4 quarters forward in the praccy. Now starts in there, but did play forward near the end of the 1st.
Probably my favourite player being West Coast and all but I have no clue about the women's game so I've literally got the most vanilla team possible. My 21 players are among the 26 most selected.

Probably my favourite player being West Coast and all but I have no clue about the women's game so I've literally got the most vanilla team possible. My 21 players are among the 26 most selected.
Iā€™ve gone full vanilla as well as I never do that strategy in the menā€™s and it has never worked for me. I have five PODs as well.

Iā€™ve gone full vanilla as well as I never do that strategy in the menā€™s and it has never worked for me. I have five PODs as well.
I went 'vanilla with adjustments' in mens this year. Picked the 30 most selected players, took out the premos I felt were overvalued, added the rookies I felt needed to be added, and filled with undervalued premos and mid-pricers. I went from 40k to 1,500 in four weeks before I got clever.

I have no clue about AFLW so I've just selected the most vanilla team I can that fits within the salary cap. No POD's. I'm trying to use this to test some strategy ideas as well as a way to learn more about the players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well Conti and Thomas was a good move. Scrapped Heads and Anderson from my previous team.

Allen is defs gone next game.

Glad I dropped Brennan.

Annoyed I had McKenzie in my team all pre-season, and took her out last minute to allow another spot for a rookie and give me the spare coin to bring in Brennan (via Hodder). Thought she may have had some CBAs? Might be the first on the chopping block as a correction if Hodder plays through the middle.

Meanwhile, Thomas and late in Conti (courtesy of Blackwood) decent start.

With the Sheerin news, and finally yielding off Roberts, Iā€™ve settled with Conti M3 and McCarthy M4.

McCarthy could be the Kmart version of Turbo Bowers, which at her price would still be a great get.

Conti is a huge sleeper ( I think?) - cheaper than other premiums.

Edit - this was a draft and didnā€™t submit this morning! Haha
Not bad so farā€¦.

Brennan
Annoyed I had McKenzie in my team all pre-season, and took her out last minute to allow another spot for a rookie and give me the spare coin to bring in Brennan (via Hodder). Thought she may have had some CBAs? Might be the first on the chopping block as a correction if Hodder plays through the middle.

Meanwhile, Thomas and late in Conti (courtesy of Blackwood) decent start.
Yeh, what a waste Brennan was. Missed 3 shots on goal. I picked her due to Richmond's easy run, but looking at the way they played, they'll be competing with WB for the wooden spoon.

With the Sheerin news, and finally yielding off Roberts, Iā€™ve settled with Conti M3 and McCarthy M4.

McCarthy could be the Kmart version of Turbo Bowers, which at her price would still be a great get.

Conti is a huge sleeper ( I think?) - cheaper than other premiums.

Edit - this was a draft and didnā€™t submit this morning! Haha
Not bad so farā€¦.
I swear they missed a late tackle for Conti. Good matchup against West Coast. Conti's main concern is when teams will try to run hard tags on her. In the last quarter, there were times that she wasn't in the centre bounce. She's their best player and the game was in the balance. She was somewhere in the half forward. No idea why.

Brennan

Yeh, what a waste Brennan was. Missed 3 shots on goal. I picked her due to Richmond's easy run, but looking at the way they played, they'll be competing with WB for the wooden spoon.
Tiges going for the double spoon?

I swear they missed a late tackle for Conti. Good matchup against West Coast. Conti's main concern is when teams will try to run hard tags on her. In the last quarter, there were times that she wasn't in the centre bounce. She's their best player and the game was in the balance. She was somewhere in the half forward. No idea why.

Wooden spoon comes with one Ash Centra.
It's the Harley Reid year to finish bottom.
Probably a good fit for the dogs.
WCE 2nd last can take Zippy Fish.
Richmond have the AFL pick 1, that's enough.

So in terms of comparing it to Fantasy is it roughly

80=100
100=120
100+=Really Big

Roughly?
Yes until Marinoff, Garner & Riddell play,
(And previously Bowers)
That bunch put the men to shame some weeks, especially considering the shorter quarters.

Anyway, we'll be lucky to have 5 defenders average over 75. 2 might average 80.

Just wait til you see the price changes.
Gardiner probably loses 200k with a 90)
(Haven't actually checked/calculated yet)

So in terms of comparing it to Fantasy is it roughly

80=100
100=120
100+=Really Big

Roughly?
A fair bit more complicated than that when you look at scoring on each line.

I guess if you look at the top players and what they average across each line that might give a better indication. The mids are where the scoring is concentrated, those top girls can pump out 150's

Don't get upset if your D4/D5 and F4/F5 drop 30's. I'm upset that my D3 dropped a 25 though :poo:

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back