AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sitting on 803/10 with Lutkins, Finn, Garner, Riddell, Sherriff and Tripodi tomorrow. Other than Morphett, rookie choices are probably the big disappointment so far. Buttifant looked great against Gold Coast and lost against GWS. Ella Smith spent too much time on bench and didn't score well when she was on. I was hoping she'd do better with Brancatisano out. Thankfully, Watson got some kick-ins, otherwise her score would have been really bad.

823/9 on Bolter despite the tougher cap. (EDIT: My score isn't nearly as good as I thought. They're including my emergency scores in there. Actually on 656.) Finn, Beatty, Garner, Riddell, Tripodi, Breed, Guerin to come on that comp.

Not a great start, but at least the Saints had a good win.

Last edited:
Yeah I thought it was around 15,000 last year.

The double game weeks have put me off trying seriously this year (though I have a fair bit going on in life as well). Just confusing and seems like a lot of strategy will depend on that.

Yeah I thought it was around 15,000 last year.

The double game weeks have put me off trying seriously this year (though I have a fair bit going on in life as well). Just confusing and seems like a lot of strategy will depend on that.
It will massively.
Take week 5 for example, I might be better off playing Syme for two scores and benching Rowbottom that week.
So not only having the double ups to begin with, but choosing when to use them, in this case, playing a bench cheapie and getting a couple of 50's or 60's is a sure fire way to get a tonne rather than hoping your mids have a day out. Syme looks ok for an 80 so that with a 50, I'll take a 130.

Defence is where this will help. Even my cheap defender emergency got 34. Two of those will trump 80% of defenders scores most weeks.

Still really mulling over swapping Anderson for Bates today...... but thinking I have to prioritise the doubles

and Beatty v Finn on field, tough call as well.

Still really mulling over swapping Anderson for Bates today...... but thinking I have to prioritise the doubles

and Beatty v Finn on field, tough call as well.
I'm looking at getting Anderson and dropping Garner, twofold reasons, even if Garner scores a 125 she'll still drop $40k and has a hard matchup against the Lions. Anderson get's me another player for round 4 plus the downgrade bumps my bank to over $500k which I'll need to fix Toogood, Allan and grab Syme

FAN = 11(c)/984 - Garner, Wales, Hodder, Grider & Lutkins to come

BOTLER = 10(c)/840 - Garner, Wales, Lutkins, Beatty, Breed & Guerin

In BOLTER i have Watson & Gavalas who appear to be my only real poor choices so far.

In Fantasy i have Watson & Brennan who are my only let downs.

Very lucky to not have selected Toogood in either format.

Biggest win has clearly been McCarthy who i own in both formats. Marinoff was great but obviously highly owned. Hore over Toogood in Fantasy has turned out really well, but again that is pure luck.

Rowbottom in Fantasy hit the ton so ill take that. Looks like im in a good position in both but better in Fantasy i think

FAN = 11(c)/984 - Garner, Wales, Hodder, Grider & Lutkins to come

BOTLER = 10(c)/840 - Garner, Wales, Lutkins, Beatty, Breed & Guerin

In BOLTER i have Watson & Gavalas who appear to be my only real poor choices so far.

In Fantasy i have Watson & Brennan who are my only let downs.

Very lucky to not have selected Toogood in either format.

Biggest win has clearly been McCarthy who i own in both formats. Marinoff was great but obviously highly owned. Hore over Toogood in Fantasy has turned out really well, but again that is pure luck.

Rowbottom in Fantasy hit the ton so ill take that. Looks like im in a good position in both but better in Fantasy i think
So just Wales in Fantasy in this one but Wales, Beatty, Breed & Guerin for BOLTER. I do have Beatty and Breed in fantasy but both are on the bench

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't Goody on 84 yesterday?
Showing 75 today.

I remember thinking that's one rookie roulette I got right with Syme on the bench (83)

These two, plus Breed utility will be shuffling between bench and M5 til final upgrades.

Only 4-5mins time on ground for Beatty in the first. That's not conducive to scoring. (Hence the zero)

I saw I was in 414th and thought that's not too bad. Then I saw that there are 475 teams...

Hopefully Garner, Riddell and Tripodi can help me get past some teams.

My rookies are a mess on both comps.
It was so hard to even pick a team in Bolter. I ended up with 1 premo in the forward which was Toogood and we know how that turned out.

Does everyone have Lutkins on field, because she is not fiedable based on this match.

Will finish on less than 1200 :(
Yep, had Smith (34) on field before bringing in Lutkins this weekend, so not leagues better.
Was that or Buttifant, with Finn and Beatty as my 4 def cheapies.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back