AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

1260 which has me at 208 overall. Pretty happy. Lutkins/Watson/Pauga (if injured) are the issues to address. Didnt really like Wales' role either, spent a bit of time forward and on the bench but her 60 wasnt terrible. Will let the dust settle and go from there!

Tripodi's second half ended up being worse than Lutkins first half.

(2nd edit - undid the first edit, because it was wrong. 3rd edit - her second half has now gone from 3 points to 9, thus obliterating Lutkins 4 point first half.)

Last edited:
1227 all out pending scaling

My best start ranking wise in Fantasy ever (men’s or women’s) currently ranked 595th. Finally had a decent start

A nice base to build on. Crucial thing is all my PODs did well (Webster, Anderson, Sherriff, Wales, Bonnici) and all my low scores were commons

Tripodi's second half ended up being worse than Lutkins first half.

(2nd edit - undid the first edit, because it was wrong)
So what I noticed was that most players scoring die off in the second half, and especially the last quarter. This is particularly noticeable with rookies and younger players. Everyone is just tired.

Tripodi looked great in the first quarter and second. Died off completely. Barely noticed her. Even Kearney died off.

Does everyone have Lutkins on field, because she is not fiedable based on this match.

Will finish on less than 1200 :(
I barely even saw Lutkins. I now have to field two of Beatty (25), Buttifant (21) and Lutkins (16) unless I can swing some sort of trade. Also had Ella Smith's 23 on field in forward line. Spotfires everywhere. Finished on 1190 (edit: 1197 now).

I definitely did not appreciate how good I had things last year after round one where my only real drama was needing to fix up the Bowers situation.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what I noticed was that most players scoring die off in the second half, and especially the last quarter. This is particularly noticeable with rookies and younger players. Everyone is just tired.

Tripodi looked great in the first quarter and second. Died off completely. Barely noticed her. Even Kearney died off.
She was getting CBAs in the second half but was struggling to find the footy and gave away some frees. Was lucky not to be pinged for a HTB late in the game, otherwise she would have had a 0 point second half.

It was ~35 degrees up there and they were playing one of the better defensive mids, so I'll cut her some slack. Not the easiest of matchups next week either, though, and who knows when Bruton is coming back. Much bigger problems to fix unfortunately.

1313 for 32nd overall. Pretty happy with that. Still over $250K in the bank so som wiggle room to move things around a bit.

Yep, I think a couple of years off for Lutsy is seeing her well off the pace. Will be interesting how she responds, but I'm not sure I'll wait to find out.

1227 all out pending scaling

My best start ranking wise in Fantasy ever (men’s or women’s) currently ranked 595th. Finally had a decent start

A nice base to build on. Crucial thing is all my PODs did well (Webster, Anderson, Sherriff, Wales, Bonnici) and all my low scores were commons
Down to 648th now after scaling but still very good

1149, rank 3770 in AFLW Fantasy
1049, rank 359 in Bolter

Not bad from 15k teams (in the official game). Pretty close to having my best team on the park. Toogood, Watson, Lutkins were all letdowns. All four of my premo mids plus Hore went for tons. Only 3/11 players priced under $400k went 50+, though five went 40-50.

Last edited:
1186 and a ranking of just over 2k, happy enough I guess.

Dropping Strom and McCarthy last minute for Conti and Allan cost me about 70pts

Having scores of 5-19-23-25 on field hurt but there's solace in the fact that most of those were highly owned. After swapping out Garner for Anderson I'm left with $550k to help fix some (not all) issues.

Issues:

Toogood will have to go, probably to Tighe (really liked her last year)

J Allan will go too, maybe to Hosking, the ball will be down there a lot, she should have a low BE and has the 1st DGW

Probably need to get Syme in as well, she'll have gone up around $150k but her BE should be juicy, Window is the only candidate as Breed looked great.

Lutkins will have to wait it out on the bench but I'll have to field Beatty, hopefully I can sort that next week.

I barely even saw Lutkins. I now have to field two of Beatty (25), Buttifant (21) and Lutkins (16) unless I can swing some sort of trade. Also had Ella Smith's 23 on field in forward line. Spotfires everywhere. Finished on 1190 (edit: 1197 now).

I definitely did not appreciate how good I had things last year after round one where my only real drama was needing to fix up the Bowers situation.
Last year was too easy. We had so many mid-priced options and I think the salary was higher, because I remember my starting team only had to field 1 rookie and only a couple mid pricers.

1186 and a ranking of just over 2k, happy enough I guess.

Dropping Strom and McCarthy last minute for Conti and Allan cost me about 70pts

Having scores of 5-19-23-25 on field hurt but there's solace in the fact that most of those were highly owned. After swapping out Garner for Anderson I'm left with $550k to help fix some (not all) issues.

Issues:

Toogood will have to go, probably to Tighe (really liked her last year)

J Allan will go too, maybe to Hosking, the ball will be down there a lot, she should have a low BE and has the 1st DGW

Probably need to get Syme in as well, she'll have gone up around $150k but her BE should be juicy, Window is the only candidate as Breed looked great.

Lutkins will have to wait it out on the bench but I'll have to field Beatty, hopefully I can sort that next week.
Allan still scored very well for her value. Not bad overall. I originally had McCarthy as well and moved her on for Mon Con. Can't complain too much as she scored 118. I wish I'd gone Allan. She did well in the ruck and made Scholz look like the worst ruck. Not only that, Scholz continually gave away ruck frees in the goal square or within goal kicking distance. Allan is not normally a forward ruck and those shots on goal were related to Scholz frees against.

I'm disappointed I switched Breed to Window. Breed looked good for the parts of the game I watched.

Beatty vs Lutkins is 20 vs 19. Both were bad.

1313 for 32nd overall. Pretty happy with that. Still over $250K in the bank so som wiggle room to move things around a bit.

Yep, I think a couple of years off for Lutsy is seeing her well off the pace. Will be interesting how she responds, but I'm not sure I'll wait to find out.
Excellent start. Hat territory here you come!

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back