AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Allan still scored very well for her value. Not bad overall. I originally had McCarthy as well and moved her on for Mon Con. Can't complain too much as she scored 118. I wish I'd gone Allan. She did well in the ruck and made Scholz look like the worst ruck. Not only that, Scholz continually gave away ruck frees in the goal square or within goal kicking distance. Allan is not normally a forward ruck and those shots on goal were related to Scholz frees against.

I'm disappointed I switched Breed to Window. Breed looked good for the parts of the game I watched.

Beatty vs Lutkins is 20 vs 19. Both were bad.
Yes, very happy with Allan's output for her price, hopefully she does ok for a couple of weeks then flick her to a DGW player. Disappointed to have not stuck with McCarthy but Mon has a reasonable run up to her DGW. Breed has a good role, had 69 pts in 3 quarters but like most ran out off puff in the last and didn't add to her score, she looks really strong in the contest and will only get better in the Hawks team that is chock full of confidence.

Lutkins and Beatty are the cans that have to get kicked down the road this week.

Won't be a POD for long methinks, great score BTW, sets you're season up
I'm really not sure I'd recommend anyone buy in... and not just to keep her to myself :p
She had some big scores last year but also some low ones. Kicking 4 is so unusual in AFLW. On the other hand it's reasonable that her marking would be getting better every year over here, and she's not getting any shorter!

Adj to 1,100. Not sure who got the pts.

Thursday I went Laura Gardiner to Riddell just so I could have $0 left, but by Friday I had $556k left.
Glad I didn't reverse that trade as Gardiner 90 was well outscored by Riddell 117.

Def AVG 38.4
Mid AVG 107 (NOT incl double captain)
Fwd AVG 38.4
Bench AVG 60

So probably gotta fix def AND fwd with $556k. Ugh.

I'm really not sure I'd recommend anyone buy in... and not just to keep her to myself :p
She had some big scores last year but also some low ones. Kicking 4 is so unusual in AFLW. On the other hand it's reasonable that her marking would be getting better every year over here, and she's not getting any shorter!
I'm not expecting 120's from her, but I think she has a high floor and now will have a low BE, a bit of Fwd ruck time helps with that. Wanted to get her into my team last year but just couldn't manage it. There's not much in the Fwd options this year, so if she can pull a decent average then I'm cool with that.

Toogood a downer, but dodged some bullets though.
Some I didn't pick but were in my team,
Matilda Scholz was one of my first picked, not sure she dropped below 60 as a rookie last year. (Scored 26)
Teakle also in 1st team (Scored 26)
Sheerin out and spare cash, thought about Georgiostathis (Scored 5)

1161 for me in AF. Same problems as everyone else - Lutkins, Tripodi, Toogood along with Beatty and EK Smith on the bench except I brought in Pritchard as part of the Jordy Allen move as well. Hodder also disappointing did no better than Brennan. Probs fix Toogood and Allen first up.

1166 in Bolter, rank 127. Backline issues here really with Lutkins, Beatty and Emily Gough on field. Bench needs fixing with EK Smith and Remmos scoring 23 or less.

1161 for me in AF. Same problems as everyone else - Lutkins, Tripodi, Toogood along with Beatty and EK Smith on the bench except I brought in Pritchard as part of the Jordy Allen move as well. Hodder also disappointing did no better than Brennan. Probs fix Toogood and Allen first up.

1166 in Bolter, rank 127. Backline issues here really with Lutkins, Beatty and Emily Gough on field. Bench needs fixing with EK Smith and Remmos scoring 23 or less.
Remmos was named in centre but got no CBAs. Davey should hopefully be back as well. What a waste of a pick. I had her in Bolter too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hosking
Ponter
D’Arcy
Randall

The non MIDs I can spot
They're probably the relevant ones.
Also
Forwards: Hodder, Hampson, Smith, Mullins, Doyle, Saint, Xenos, Woods, Gutknecht
Defenders: Boltz, Morcom, McClelland

Ash Saint is an interesting one. Previously, she has always been the deep forward that has very low possession games with 1-2 goals. I was surprised to see her up the ground more. Didn't realise she had CBAs either. Would explain her higher score. I don't anything about Port, so not sure if this will continue or if it was because Port were lacking in the midfield.

Currently have done Wales, Pauga & Lutkins > P.Kelly, Hosking & Beruldsen

Not entirely convinced by P.Kelly but i didnt like Wales' role, too much chopping and changing position and spending too long on the bench too. This helps fix my backline which i feel is an issue for lots of teams. If Pauga is good to go i could do Watson > Finn instead and still have enough to get Hosking for Lutkins

Screenshot 2024-09-02 at 11.54.24 am.png

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back