AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Glad it's finally open. What a long wait.

No idea who to trade Toogood to. Thought about Friswell, but noticed she had some very low scores on the wing last year.
Other than Hore, the forward line is going to be messy. Even the ones getting midfield minutes aren't exactly scoring that well. The ones who did score well are the ones that kicked goals, but that's not always going to be consistent.

Option 1:
Toogood > Sherriff.
Kelly > Strom.
Hold onto a trade until teams are out.

Option 2:
Toogood > Sheriff
Watson > Hosking
Beatty > Goodwin.

View attachment 2098875
What was Sherriff & Goodwin's roles? Need to fix Toogood, Vescio & 1 of Lutkins & Beatty plus hope Watson isn't a complete dud again lol

Sherriff had CBAs. Goodwin plays half back. She's normally has a 40 average.
Goodwin you think just benefited playing Port?

Might go Vescio to Sherriff in that case as trade 1.

Need Toogood to be a downgrade to get Lutkins up and bench Beatty. Can't be fielding 1 of those 2 duds. Same as the mens, rookie/cheap defenders just not options.

Goodwin you think just benefited playing Port?

Might go Vescio to Sherriff in that case as trade 1.

Need Toogood to be a downgrade to get Lutkins up and bench Beatty. Can't be fielding 1 of those 2 duds. Same as the mens, rookie/cheap defenders just not options.
Hard to tell. At times, I did think, Goodwin is playing well and taking marks, but nothing different.

How are people approaching this week anyway? Obviously some forced trades but it feels like most of the cash gen options are midfielders. I'm reluctant to go down that path as Toogood out leaves me with a heap of cash to spend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How are people approaching this week anyway? Obviously some forced trades but it feels like most of the cash gen options are midfielders. I'm reluctant to go down that path as Toogood out leaves me with a heap of cash to spend.
Fixing D5. Feels like running Chesser/Wilmot/other spud that I forget at D6-8 last year in the men's.

I need to fix Vescio & Toogood in the forwards. I've got Breed, Window & Goody. Should have gone Syme over Window but not sure worth burning a trade over.

Heads -> JHosking?
Toogood -> Hore
Vescio -> Maybe Huntington (really like the role, 84%TOG in HB, can't see a great cheap forward option).

It's stupid points chasing, but gotta be bold.

Rookie corrections, most likely. There's some temptation to move Morphett to make some cash to fix other problems. I might change my mind once we see breakevens. We should get the injury reports tomorrow and hopefully get some clarity on O'Dowd and Pauga.
I thought about Morphett as well but I'd more than likely be sitting on too much cash for next week.

Rookie corrections, most likely. There's some temptation to move Morphett to make some cash to fix other problems. I might change my mind once we see breakevens. We should get the injury reports tomorrow and hopefully get some clarity on O'Dowd and Pauga.
I'd be shocked if O'Dowd doesn't get up, she went through full tests and was fine, they just put her on ice as it was well over at that point.

I thought about Morphett as well but I'd more than likely be sitting on too much cash for next week.
I'm lucky enough not to have to worry about Toogood.

RE Morphett: Gowans indicated after the game that they'll be building her back to match fitness over the next two to three weeks. So it may be low TOG again this week. Thing is, I'm not sure she won't put up 80+ in half a game against Nalder/Caris and I could definitely see her going very large if she gets even a slight bump in TOG.

If I move her, it'd be down to SWales or Kelly.

I'm lucky enough not to have to worry about Toogood.

RE Morphett: Gowans indicated after the game that they'll be building her back to match fitness over the next two to three weeks. So it may be low TOG again this week. Thing is, I'm not sure she won't put up 80+ in half a game against Nalder/Caris and I could definitely see her going very large if she gets even a slight bump in TOG.

If I move her, it'd be down to SWales or Kelly.
I was considering running O'Dowd at R1. Risky but would free up cash elsewhere. Probably a next week move for me.

I was considering running O'Dowd at R1. Risky but would free up cash elsewhere. Probably a next week move for me.
I've got O'Dowd at R1 on Bolter. My main concern is she got absolutely destroyed at the hitouts. I fear that, against a vaguely competent team, she might not be able to do the around all the ground stuff she did against the Dogs.

Then again, she's probably going to average more than a similarly priced player on another line. It's worth consideration, but what do you do at R2?

Heads -> JHosking?
Toogood -> Hore
Vescio -> Maybe Huntington (really like the role, 84%TOG in HB, can't see a great cheap forward option).

It's stupid points chasing, but gotta be bold.
I'm going

Vescio - Friswell
Toogood- Bodey/Ponter (Bodey in that new Hawks gameplan could be a play, Ponter despite her score, got a HUGE amount of CBA's)
Pauga- McLaughlin (didn't see the Suns game but she was named at HB but will amend if Pauga is right to go)

Screen Shot 2024-09-02 at 9.37.33 pm.png

NFI what to do. Obviously have to punt the injured Toogood, but the question is; what move I make? I have $516k ITB.

I could potentially punt her to fund a McCarthy in the MIDs, via Lutkins/Beatty (shift Window to UTILITY) and bring in a Hodder/Sherriff up FWD. But prefer Sherriff I reckon as she is getting bulk CBAs, whereas Hodder had only 19%.

If I opt for Sherriff I also have the chance to afford a MID of the value of $1.312M at M4, which I feel I need - so a Goldsworthy, Blackburn etc. (prefer Goldsworthy as she had 67% CBAs)

McKenzie is another I had in my team at M4 until I opted for another rookie in Window. Feel the draw of going back to her.

No idea with third trade? Perhaps a rookie correction via Beatty?

Thoughts?

Last edited:
View attachment 2099181

NFI what to do. Obviously have to punt the injured Toogood, but the question is; what move I make? I have $516k ITB.

I could potentially punt her to fund a McCarthy in the MIDs, via Lutkins/Beatty (shift Window to UTILITY) and bring in a Hodder/Sherriff up FWD. But prefer Sherriff I reckon as she is getting bulk CBAs, whereas Hodder had only 19%.

If I opt for Sherriff I also have the chance to afford a MID of the value of $1.312M at M4, which I feel I need - so a Goldsworthy, Blackburn etc. (prefer Goldsworthy as she had 67% CBAs)

McKenzie is another I had in my team at M4 until I opted for another rookie in Window. Feel the draw of going back to her.

No idea with third trade? Perhaps a rookie correction via Beatty?

Thoughts?
IDK, similar options to me (Toogood, Lutkins and Pauga if injured are the weakest links).
Damned if I know what to do either though. The forward options aren't enticing.
I prefer Ponter over Hodder, but Hodder gets the double game week sooner...

If I don't need to fix 3, maybe I upgrade Hurley to a R4 captain option (Anderson) with Toogood money. Dunno.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back