AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, with Pauga in I think I'm going:
Hurley -> Anderson
Toogood -> Ponter/Hodder/Garnett/someone else
Lutkins -> ?Morcom or someone else with a good BE and the money I have left, 300-500k depending.

Don't mind holding O'Dowd for a week.
Anderson will be handy for the DGW and is a good upgrade from Hurley anyway. Would Blackburn offer enough funds to upgrade Lutkins to a semi keeper/stepping stone? Has the round 4 DGW. Maybe pick up Anderson with a downgrade of one of the other mids next week or the one after?

I really like the mix and how the Hawks work their players through the midfield, West, Breed and Sherriff are all really strong in the contest, they just bullock the ball forward, add in Gilroy who plays a high defence role, doesn't get involved at CBA's but is in around the further stoppages and who is very like the 3 aforementioned then the ball is continually being forced forward. Their forwards in Aine McDonagh, who's a real weapon, especially if she can clunk some marks, and Bodey are the beneficiaries of the work further up the ground. Sherriff, Breed and Gilroy also hit the scoreboard with 5 goals between them. Sherriff is in for now, but I'm watching all of the others very closely.
I'm one that's bullish on Bodey scoring well, especially based on what you've said

I've now basically narrowed it down to her or Garnett in this week and is tough to decide, as GrantSpatchcock said Garnett has form in Fantasy in that HF role and Bodey can knock in 15 touches on a good day.

I'm one that's bullish on Bodey scoring well, especially based on what you've said

I've now basically narrowed it down to her or Garnett in this week and is tough to decide, as GrantSpatchcock said Garnett has form in Fantasy in that HF role and Bodey can knock in 15 touches on a good day.
It's probably with true with forwards that have a greater variance in scoring, but I saw even when our team was up and going with us, she could have very quiet weeks. That said, she's a more experienced player now and maybe there's less of a risk now.

Anderson will be handy for the DGW and is a good upgrade from Hurley anyway. Would Blackburn offer enough funds to upgrade Lutkins to a semi keeper/stepping stone? Has the round 4 DGW. Maybe pick up Anderson with a downgrade of one of the other mids next week or the one after?
Hmm yeah, now I'm looking at matchups, Anderson's is bad this week with Melb. Hadn't thought about Blackburn as an option for R4 - but theoretically tough run for her.

I'm just not sure who I trust to be another potential keeper in defence, would rather go for cash gen right now. (Have Thomas, Kearney, D'Arcy, Goldrick already). Evans, Gilroy and McEvoy are of most interest.

I can just see Hosking scoring horrible this week, but i cant afford D'Arcy ;(.
Scored 30 in the praccy match too. Eek.
She's a ripper player, but I just feel she might have been a bit spurred on going up "against the side that didn't want her"

Experience in our side shines through though.
Plus, we need def/fwd.

Just hoping Allen bounces back. Went from 92? in prac match to 25 in Rd 1.

This article is confusing, they don't recommend Garnett, but later they recommend Saint?

They've taken a real surface view of everything, they twice mention Issy, but not once mention she's playing an entirely different role. A second gamer as a VC pick too, which is a bit lol.

I was actually thinking about the Goody VC too. But only because I have a timezone problem and won’t be able to do Goldsworthy into Garner.
Edit: Lol can't do Goldsworthy with O'Dowd anyway, ignore me, it's been a long off-season.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They've taken a real surface view of everything, they twice mention Issy, but not once mention she's playing an entirely different role. A second gamer as a VC pick too, which is a bit lol.
Yeah speaking of Issy I have no clue she was playing defence on the weekend, so she might enter the calculations as a trade target. Would mean I hold Lucy and trade out Watson.....

To be fair, this week has most games on the Sunday and depending on your red dot (which could be O'Dowd), that only leaves Friday and Saturday matches. The only top players worth considering a VC between Friday and Saturday would be Hore, Blackburn, Anderson. Melb vs Brisbane will be a tough matchup for both teams. So it's not out of reach to suggest Goody as a VC option, especially if you don't have Blackburn.

The article is basically a summary only. The actual podcast has a lot of in depth view of the games and players. I only watched a quarter and a bit of the GWS game, but Huntington was playing as a +1 in defence when I was watching. I'm not sure if she was there the whole time, but it was touted that she would be playing defence in the preseason. She had a good moment just as I was watching where she took 2 consecutive marks as that extra defender. The article does mention Barr as well. She had a huge amount of marks. I thought she took most of those marks in defence from what I remember, from their short kick/chip/mark game.

I love listening to Liam. He is very knowledgeable when it comes to all things AFL and especially AFLW. He was the one that picked Laura Gardiner to have a breakout season last year.

To be fair, this week has most games on the Sunday and depending on your red dot (which could be O'Dowd), that only leaves Friday and Saturday matches. The only top players worth considering a VC between Friday and Saturday would be Hore, Blackburn, Anderson. Melb vs Brisbane will be a tough matchup for both teams. So it's not out of reach to suggest Goody as a VC option, especially if you don't have Blackburn.

The article is basically a summary only. The actual podcast has a lot of in depth view of the games and players. I only watched a quarter and a bit of the GWS game, but Huntington was playing as a +1 in defence when I was watching. I'm not sure if she was there the whole time, but it was touted that she would be playing defence in the preseason. She had a good moment just as I was watching where she took 2 consecutive marks as that extra defender. The article does mention Barr as well. She had a huge amount of marks. I thought she took most of those marks in defence from what I remember, from their short kick/chip/mark game.

I love listening to Liam. He is very knowledgeable when it comes to all things AFL and especially AFLW. He was the one that picked Laura Gardiner to have a breakout season last year.
Absolutely an option, just a ballsy one when most people should have a sorta reliable option in someone on Saturday. I just worry the Port rooks + Wendland are gunna split the pot between them, actually predicting which one is gunna go big is verging on a nightmare.

I'm not critical of Liam or Jono at all, I've learnt nearly everything I know about the game from them, just that the article was a bit brief, and a little bit odd (Can't get over Issy listed as a rook, even though I know she fits the criteria). I'm sure the pod (which I'll get through later) will break everything down in more detail.

This article is confusing, they don't recommend Garnett, but later they recommend Saint?

Saint is a much better pick for mine.

Better run and has her double in R5 instead of R7. This means you can flip her after the bye to a premium with a double still coming.

Who is more priority to trade out of K.Lutkins and S.Watson?
Def is: Thomas, Schleicher, Watson, Lutkins, Finn

Who can I downgrade Toogood to?
Fwd is: Toogood, Hore, Vescio, Tripodi, Pauga

When and should I consider trading in Strom into the side?
$198k left currently

Who is more priority to trade out of K.Lutkins and S.Watson?
Def is: Thomas, Schleicher, Watson, Lutkins, Finn

Who can I downgrade Toogood to?
Fwd is: Toogood, Hore, Vescio, Tripodi, Pauga

When and should I consider trading in Strom into the side?
$198k left currently
Lutkins had very low TOG. Not sure if she's being eased in or just too old. Watson got majority of her kicks from kick ins, but Sydney are a tough matchup. I don't like either. Could trade 1 and put the other on the bench.

Scored 30 in the praccy match too. Eek.
She's a ripper player, but I just feel she might have been a bit spurred on going up "against the side that didn't want her"

Experience in our side shines through though.
Plus, we need def/fwd.

Just hoping Allen bounces back. Went from 92? in prac match to 25 in Rd 1.
Yeah i don't think i wanna hold Allen again tbh.

Yeah i don't think i wanna hold Allen again tbh.
Unfortunately she's 4th in line for my list of priorities trades wise. I feel that I have to get all of the defence rookies off field and that's meant getting Goldrick and Hosking in for Lutkins and Beatty. I've left enough ITB to get Allen > D'Arcy/Sheerin next week should she fail again.

Of course, Lutkins and Beatty will kickstart their cash gen and Hosking and Goldrick will fail.

They're cautioning against players who just played the Dogs and are encouraging people to look at players who are about to play the Dogs. Having watched that game, I think that's right. The Dogs were an embarrassment.

Is McCarthy worth getting on? Or was it a bit of a trap given there was no Bowers

They're cautioning against players who just played the Dogs and are encouraging people to look at players who are about to play the Dogs. Having watched that game, I think that's right. The Dogs were an embarrassment.
West Coast play the Bullies in round 3, so that's another reason to get Hosking I guess.

I'm thinking about Saint myself, but not sure what I'll do.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back