AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Is McCarthy worth getting on? Or was it a bit of a trap given there was no Bowers
It was mentioned that the game had an unusual amount of stoppages and tackles, hence why Strom and McCarthy scored so well. Even Tighe had 7 tackles! In saying that, McCarthy seems like a tackling machine. Though she probably won't be hitting 14 tackles every week, you'd still think that she'd be the highest in tackles.

Teams are out. Im seriously considering changing trades and keeping Brennan instead of dropping her down and going for Hosking in defence. Instead i could get Finn & Schutte (debut) for Watson & Lutkins & then go for Window > Syme

That way i have better depth and hopefully will make more cash before i figure out who i actually really want as premiums in my backline/forwardline

Screenshot 2024-09-05 at 6.36.04 pm.png

Teams are out. Im seriously considering changing trades and keeping Brennan instead of dropping her down and going for Hosking in defence. Instead i could get Finn & Schutte (debut) for Watson & Lutkins & then go for Window > Syme

That way i have better depth and hopefully will make more cash before i figure out who i actually really want as premiums in my backline/forwardline
What's Schutte like? 44 in the praccy, 7 tackles is decent, solid combine and decent year in the Power last year looking at the stats. I was looking at going Lutkins to Kemp solely for some cashgen, Schutte an option?

What's Schutte like? 44 in the praccy, 7 tackles is decent, solid combine and decent year in the Power last year looking at the stats. I was looking at going Lutkins to Kemp solely for some cashgen, Schutte an option?
Dont know too much more to add to be honest. Based on the highlights ive seen, she seems pretty athletic. I would suggest its a bit of a risk taking her given the unknown but she seems like a solid option, particularly if you need the $ like i feel like i do.

Ive actually changed my Window > Syme trade to E.K Smith > Huntington as i rate Huntington's role and i reckon she will make a fair bit more coin.

Who would people prioritise ditching over Lutkins or Watson? One can go to be replaced with a cash cow rook, the other is straight to the bench.

No doubt whoever I ditch will go big.

Who would people prioritise ditching over Lutkins or Watson? One can go to be replaced with a cash cow rook, the other is straight to the bench.
If you're trading down - Lutkins. Watson has a much better role (at least, as long as she's taking kick-ins). I'd probably keep Watson on over a lot of the rooks. Depends on who you're brining in.

Hmm, now I'm thinking about Huntington which lets me get Hosking in for Lutkins instead of going for cash gen in the backline. I guess on fundamentals I like Izzy more than the backline rookies tbh.

Do you think Watson will have the easier game this week vs Sydney?

Hmm, now I'm thinking about Huntington which lets me get Hosking in for Lutkins instead of going for cash gen in the backline. I guess on fundamentals I like Izzy more than the backline rookies tbh.

I watched the game and I'm pretty sure Huntington got a stack of possessions in the last quarter ...

• it was like they were bombing it long and literally targeting her ...
  • so I'm not sold just yet ...

I watched the game and I'm pretty sure Huntington got a stack of possessions in the last quarter ...

• it was like they were bombing it long and literally targeting her ...
  • so I'm not sold just yet ...
Do you know anywhere to see quarter stats after the round is over?

In the Collingwood vs Sydney game, there was only 2 kick ins for Collingwood.

Only Syme onfield tonight, who I'll be fielding over Goody.
Rookie roulette already (which started last week with 3 bench players outscoring their onfield counterparts)

I do feel Goody will be better for the run last week so might swap them back, but basically just running with last week's output for a spot onfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok, so now I've got myself muddled up even more.

All week I've planned around Toogood -> Hore, but looking into it deeper, it seems more and more of a bad move. BE of 80, matchups with Brisbane and North in the next two, and usually posts quite low scores around 50-80 against the big sides. Could easily be throwing away $100K+ over the next two weeks, and with Melbournes run from Rd 4 onward, makes more sense to bring her in then.

Whereas, if I go Saint for this week as a cash cow, it frees up so much cash everywhere.

So now I've overthought everything and have cash cow week while the forwards sort themselves out:

Lutkins -> JHosking
Vescio -> Issy
Toogood -> Saint

I
Ok, so now I've got myself muddled up even more.

All week I've planned around Toogood -> Hore, but looking into it deeper, it seems more and more of a bad move. BE of 80, matchups with Brisbane and North in the next two, and usually posts quite low scores around 50-80 against the big sides. Could easily be throwing away $100K+ over the next two weeks, and with Melbournes run from Rd 4 onward, makes more sense to bring her in then.

Whereas, if I go Saint for this week as a cash cow, it frees up so much cash everywhere.

So now I've overthought everything and have cash cow week while the forwards sort themselves out:

Lutkins -> JHosking
Vescio -> Issy
Toogood -> Saint
Like these trades a lot. I’m doing similar:

Toogood > Saint
Ella Roberts > Dizzy Darcy (move Window on field)
Lutkins > Hosking

Only Syme onfield tonight, who I'll be fielding over Goody.
Rookie roulette already (which started last week with 3 bench players outscoring their onfield counterparts)

I do feel Goody will be better for the run last week so might swap them back, but basically just running with last week's output for a spot onfield.
So funny how different teams are! I’ve got Blackburn, window, Goody, Edmonds and Saint on field tonight. Most important game of the round for me.

Missing AFL Fantasy and need something to fill the hole, so I've decided to have a crack at AFLW Fantasy for the first time. I missed Round 1, but that gives me the advantage of selecting top performers right from the start and seeing how I go chasing down the pack throughout the season. I don't know a lot about AFLW players, so I've sifted through the last couple of pages to make selections and gone with players with low BE's. Is there anyone I'm missing or anyone that you'd recommend changing? Cheers

This team would've scored 1565 in Round 1.

msedge_WbH8YhnGYe.png

Last edited:
Pretty good team I'd say.

Lawson-Tavan had a surprisingly decent score for a KPD, not sure I'd expect that again but with a BE of 14 you're probably ok. Dayna Finn might be a better choice.

Miller in midfield I'd be wary of - Fremantle's been all over the place with where they have put players, Miller had a great season 2 years ago playing midfield-forward then she got asked to play forward full-time and her scores just tanked, she had 53% CBAs in R1 so maybe the midfield role is coming back but I'd not want to put any money down on it just yet. The Dockers do have some big outs this year in midfield though with pregnancy and injury. I'd have Sachi Syme somewhere in your mids though, she has some great cash gen coming up and is much cheaper than Miller.

Forwards - Saint has been a key forward in her career to date (or at least the last 3 years), got a little bit of midfield / CBA time but not sure how much it will last. I think someone like Pauga gives better cash gen opportunities, or a Zali Friswell for more consistent scoring.

Last edited:
For my team - I'm thinking of a huge downgrade on Toogood to Huntingdon to allow me to fix up the backline. Allen and Beatty/Lutkins out, move Lutkins/Beatty to the bench and bring in Hosking and Goldrick/Dizzy D'Arcy. Although the latter may potentially be an upgrade target for Week 5 once Hosking has done her DGW.

Only regret is I don't have Syme...can I suck up Lutkins/Beatty on the field for another few weeks and swap Window to Syme (thought about Pritchard to Syme but the DGW next week for her makes me want to stick with her a little longer). Unfortunately Syme will have be on the bench then.

1725594160101.png

Last edited:
For my team - I'm thinking of a huge downgrade on Toogood to Huntingdon to allow me to fix up the backline. Allen and Beatty/Lutkins out, move Lutkins/Beatty to the bench and bring in Hosking and Goldrick/Dizzy D'Arcy. Although the latter may potentially be an upgrade target for Week 5 once Hosking has done her DGW.

Only regret is I don't have Syme...can I suck up Lutkins/Beatty on the field for another few weeks and swap Window to Syme (thought about Pritchard to Syme but the DGW next week for her makes me want to stick with her a little longer). Unfortunately Syme will have be on the bench then.

View attachment 2102561
Yeh, I think if you have onfield issues to fix, fixing the bench is an afterthought. With the way the prices are changing, Syme will probably be out of reach. Window will still be a fine rookie and you also already have Breed.

Missing AFL Fantasy and need something to fill the hole, so I've decided to have a crack at AFLW Fantasy for the first time. I missed Round 1, but that gives me the advantage of selecting top performers right from the start and seeing how I go chasing down the pack throughout the season. I don't know a lot about AFLW players, so I've sifted through the last couple of pages to make selections and gone with players with low BE's. Is there anyone I'm missing or anyone that you'd recommend changing? Cheers

View attachment 2102523
Good team. The only one I'm not a fan of is Miller. I'd downgrade Hatchard and upgrade Miller so it's more even.

Very solid, the change I'd make has already been mentioned: Miller. I'd switch her to a cash cow to flip into premos for the double game weeks. Someone like McKenzie, Wendland, Syme.

Yeh, I think if you have onfield issues to fix, fixing the bench is an afterthought. With the way the prices are changing, Syme will probably be out of reach. Window will still be a fine rookie and you also already have Breed.
Yeah I left it Syme out and stuck with Window - seems to be the right thing based on midway through the 2nd quarter.

Ended up trading out Lutkins over Beatty...

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back