AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Bugger. Hayley McLaughlin dropped and I can't reverse her trade in as Breed was my cash for upgrading the other 2 spots. Running 3 reds now... Smith, McCormick and McLaughlin. Dangerous times...

I'm hoping 51pc TOG for Sheerin is just easing her in and they don't drop her for 1 of the 2 games next week. Brought her in for Hosking so lost a little but not as bad as it could have been.

585 Anderson
Had 8 play so far, 7 of those are to play again including Anderson.

I guess these DGW's have to be looked at as score involvements, start with 16, add 7, then add 2 more for the C score.

So for me, that's a total of 25 and so far have had 9 (including C) which leaves 16 score involvements to come.

I think I'm right with that thinking.

If you had to field one: Goody, Window or Breed?

Prioritised DGW over the 5th premo mid as they've all still got cash to gen, don't like either the North or Saints matchup.

Short answer: if I had pick one it'd be Goody.

Long answer: Tough for me to split Goody and Window. Breed I've already traded out. Goody (75/34/74) has scored better than Window (43/69/53) with a much better kick to handball ratio, more marks and has hit the scoreboard more whereas Window has more tackles and CBAs (Goody has had zero CBAs).

I'm fielding both in Bolter but in AF I've got Goody on field, Window on the bench as I think there's more cash gen to be had from both. With the Port rookies though (including Wendland and Syme in this) it's a bit of a lottery on who will score big I feel and who absolutely tanks.

That's what I was leaning, thankyou for the sanity check and detailed response! Much appreciated.
Have the same 3. Running Goody

We Ride Together Will Smith GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you had to field one: Goody, Window or Breed?

Prioritised DGW over the 5th premo mid as they've all still got cash to gen, don't like either the North or Saints matchup.
I had this problem but my third was Wendland. Continuously got it wrong with Window vs Goody, so now I've made it easier on myself by trading Window and Wendland.

The women are just as bad as the men. O'Loughlin gets shoved in the shoulders and goes down holding her face to win the free. Might also be suspended for a sling tackle. No head contact, but the action was all there and player didn't have the ball.
The one thing i've notices watching a few games this year (for the first time since Season 1 really) is that i'm not sure if it's because the women have less core strength than the men and can't stay on their feet as well but there appear to be a lot of tackles where women get slung into the ground and they seem, if anything to be less protective of the player from an umpiring perspective. Like I'm constantly thinking, "that would be a free in the mens" every five or six tackles.

The one thing i've notices watching a few games this year (for the first time since Season 1 really) is that i'm not sure if it's because the women have less core strength than the men and can't stay on their feet as well but there appear to be a lot of tackles where women get slung into the ground and they seem, if anything to be less protective of the player from an umpiring perspective. Like I'm constantly thinking, "that would be a free in the mens" every five or six tackles.
I find that when the ball is on the ground, the players cannot extract it. Women do seem to lack the speed and strength to bend/crouch down and get the ball out. The disposal is quite slow and the handballing is quite weak, so the quick handball out of congestion in the mens game is not something we see as much in the womens. That's why I love having Noffy on the Crows. She has the ability to release quick disposals out of congestion. It might not be the best disposal, but when the game is so congested, you just want the ball out.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back