AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

1754 and a rank rise to 1600s from 1900s so that's something, after a shocking few weeks. Doubt I will make it up much further with the number of problems on field from here, but ah well.

Bog ordinary round. Some poor selections in the past few weeks are coming home to roost. Last-minute decision to bring in Lavey for her DGW the previous week didn't work out. Nor Grace Campbell the week before. So my team value has dipped a fair bit and I'm left with a few underperforming players. Don't think I'll be winning it from here.

Well, I don't think you can be 100% certain.

I will take the risk and whine about it later if it goes **** up.
The cash it frees up is just too tempting not too, yeah, it'll probably blow up in my face, but it gets me down to three non-keepers on field, with a really clear pathway to almost wrap it up in the next two weeks barring the inevitable absolute disaster.

Goody > O'Sullivan (Duursma > bench)
Anderson > Gardiner
Conti > McCarthy

Gives me 4 DGW players, but have to field Fiedler again, hope that she can do a little better with an easier match up, play her on ground for Rnd 7 then upgrade.

Don't really want to lose Conti and Anderson as their match ups aren't bad, trouble is that the North girls are playing the Dogs, so can't really move them on.

$221k ITB to get Marinoff back in next week.

Changed mine around a bit after going over the fixture. Settled on keeping my North mid for the WB game, and upping Breed into Geelong Presparkis. Probably stupid, but I don't love the matchup for Breed and feel like she's topped out.

Gets me to 5 "not quite premo" mids (Noffy, Rowbottom, Conti, King, Presparkis), $100K ITB for the first time this season and bench cash gen in Bradfield, who will get another game, no doubt.

Leaves me with 4 DGW this week, but 8 1-3 line next week. Not great, not even good, but setup well for the run home.

Enjoy the league win this week, VRO Galahs.

Is there a potential argument to passing on Gardiner?

I've got her and Georgie Prespakis in as it stands but it means I have to downgrade to a non cash gen, but playing bench rookie. (Ransom), and it's the only way I could get her in

Is there a potential argument to passing on Gardiner?

I've got her and Georgie Prespakis in as it stands but it means I have to downgrade to a non cash gen, but playing bench rookie. (Ransom), and it's the only way I could get her in
I would have said the future fixture if you plan on holding, given North and Bris games to come, but bizarrely she seems to score better against better teams. Maybe the off chance they rest her a game given how key she is now? Don't see that happening after the Dogs loss though, it's all or nothing now for them.

I don't really trust any Sydney player as far as I can throw them this season though, they're just off somehow.

I would have said the future fixture if you plan on holding, given North and Bris games to come, but bizarrely she seems to score better against better teams. Maybe the off chance they rest her a game given how key she is now? Don't see that happening after the Dogs loss though, it's all or nothing now for them.

I don't really trust any Sydney player as far as I can throw them this season though, they're just off somehow.
Yeah thats the thing,

I could go a combo of a Morrison/Bates/Maddy P/West etc

Also a teeny bit worried about Georgie especially as she's just back from injuru really can't cop another DGW mid injury like i did with Davey

Really want to make back the ground I've lost after last weeks meh score.

Yeah thats the thing,

I could go a combo of a Morrison/Bates/Maddy P/West etc

Also a teeny bit worried about Georgie especially as she's just back from injuru really can't cop another DGW mid injury like i did with Davey

Really want to make back the ground I've lost after last weeks meh score.
The one thing going for Georgie that I love is much like me, Geelong are firmly in YOLO territory in 15th where a loss and the seasons over, and she's the kind to play through anything.

If she's borderline, she'd play, kids got that grrr about her. Might be reduced minutes across the two games to load manage, but I don't see them resting her for either.

At least that's what I'm repeating to myself.

Sydney are tinkering way too much. North has used 3 of Garner, Riddell, Mia King and Tripodi at every CB bar two. Gardiner is the only player Sydney has consistently used in the middle every week. She's the only Sydney player I'd be comfortable taking.

That said, I may YOLO Heads and Mitchell into D4 and D5 and hope that it magically fixes my defence problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney are tinkering way too much. North has used 3 of Garner, Riddell, Mia King and Tripodi at every CB bar two. Gardiner is the only player Sydney has consistently used in the middle every week. She's the only Sydney player I'd be comfortable taking.

That said, I may YOLO Heads and Mitchell into D4 and D5 and hope that it magically fixes my defence problem.
My team is going to look terrible coming out of these DGWs. I still have Prowse and Finn as D4 and D5. Both need to be moved on, but they really don't make me enough cash and I really want midfielders for my DGWs.

EDIT: Tripodi is now my F2, and Friswell who was my F2 when I traded her in, is now my F5 after dropping heaps of cash. Goes to show how bad my forwards have been

My team is going to look terrible coming out of these DGWs. I still have Prowse and Finn as D4 and D5. Both need to be moved on, but they really don't make me enough cash and I really want midfielders for my DGWs.

EDIT: Tripodi is now my F2, and Friswell who was my F2 when I traded her in, is now my F5 after dropping heaps of cash. Goes to show how bad my forwards have been
Getting the DGW mids is more important than depth spots on the other lines. My mids have carried me through a 19.5 point per game average from my D5 and worse than that from F5 before bringing in Houghton last week. I'm still going to be running a rookie at D5 this week and just hoping (praying, really) for something half way respectable. I really doubt I'll be able to fix that spot next week either. Priority is going to be getting Hatchard and, if I can, Randall.

Current team:
Def - Thomas, Schleicher, Watson, Di Donato, Finn Bench: Beatty
Mid - Marinoff, Rowbottom, Anderson, Riddell, Conti Bench: Remmos
Ruc - Fiedler Bench: Hartill
Fwd - Hore, Friswell, Tripodi, O'Sullivan, Beruldsen Bench: Hetherington
Utility: Pauga
$243k left

Which trade scenario is best for this round?

Scenario 1: Marinoff > G.Prespakis
Fiedler > Strom
Finn > D'arcy
$33k left

Scenario 2: Conti > G.Prespakis
Finn > D'arcy
Di'Donato > Heads
$36k left

Scenario 3: Marinoff > G.Prespakis
Finn > D'arcy
Di'Donato > O'Driscoll
$303k left

Scenario 1 and 3 - planning to get Marinoff back in time for Round 7
Scenario 2 - managing to upgrade the defense and keep Marinoff although I'll have to field fiedler.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
Getting the DGW mids is more important than depth spots on the other lines. My mids have carried me through a 19.5 point per game average from my D5 and worse than that from F5 before bringing in Houghton last week. I'm still going to be running a rookie at D5 this week and just hoping (praying, really) for something half way respectable. I really doubt I'll be able to fix that spot next week either. Priority is going to be getting Hatchard and, if I can, Randall.
I'll need to trade Noffy back in next week and probably won't be able to get anyone else decent due to her cost. Unless someone makes a lot of cash, then maybe I might be able to get Randall in.

Current team:
Def - Thomas, Schleicher, Watson, Di Donato, Finn Bench: Beatty
Mid - Marinoff, Rowbottom, Anderson, Riddell, Conti Bench: Remmos
Ruc - Fiedler Bench: Hartill
Fwd - Hore, Friswell, Tripodi, O'Sullivan, Beruldsen Bench: Hetherington
Utility: Pauga
$243k left

Which trade scenario is best for this round?

Scenario 1: Marinoff > G.Prespakis
Fiedler > Strom
Finn > D'arcy
$33k left

Scenario 2: Conti > G.Prespakis
Finn > D'arcy
Di'Donato > Heads
$36k left

Scenario 3: Marinoff > G.Prespakis
Finn > D'arcy
Di'Donato > O'Driscoll
$303k left

Scenario 1 and 3 - planning to get Marinoff back in time for Round 7
Scenario 2 - managing to upgrade the defense and keep Marinoff although I'll have to field fiedler.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.
It's either 1 or 2. I don't like the idea of trading Noffy, but Strom is a keeper. Honestly, I completely forgot about Strom because there is no way I can go up from either ruck to her in my team. Just don't have the cash to make it work. I'd go 1 if you can get Noffy back next week. 2 if you can't.

FINALLY made up ground in the rankings, rising from 2,182nd to 1,703rd with a score of 1,773.

Was courtesy of some half decent scores from Goody and Window as stand ins on their double and Sheerin going nuclear. Hodder scored what she should've in our double the other round, and Brown turned around what was a poor first game.

"In Like" Finn, on her way out most likely for D'Arcy to give me a 'complete' DEF... well, as good as can be!

Garner will likely be moved on for a Prespakis or Gardiner. Would prefer the latter.

As for the third trade, I have NFI as I would only have $82K after D'Arcy and Gardiner. Will most likely play Breed and bench one of Window/Goody, and if I were to punt the higher priced Goody I would only be able to afford a player priced at $755k. Ham? Ashmore?

Or if I go for Prespakis instead of Gardiner I could grab a player priced at $1.204m via Goody, so could get another DGW player in McCarthy for a total of 5 DGW players.

Would love any ideas! Team pre-trades shown below in first pic, the second the proposed team post-trades.

Screenshot 2024-10-01 at 1.07.38 AM.png

POST TRADES:

Screenshot 2024-10-01 at 1.23.32 AM.png

FINALLY made up ground in the rankings, rising from 2,182nd to 1,703rd with a score of 1,773.

Was courtesy of some half decent scores from Goody and Window as stand ins on their double and Sheerin going nuclear. Hodder scored what she should've in our double the other round, and Brown turned around what was a poor first game.

"In Like" Finn, on her way out most likely for D'Arcy to give me a 'complete' DEF... well, as good as can be!

Garner will likely be moved on for a Prespakis or Gardiner. Would prefer the latter.

As for the third trade, I have NFI as I would only have $82K after D'Arcy and Gardiner. Will most likely play Breed and bench one of Window/Goody, and if I were to punt the higher priced Goody I would only be able to afford a player priced at $755k. Ham? Ashmore?

Or if I go for Prespakis instead of Gardiner I could grab a player priced at $1.204m via Goody, so could get another DGW player in McCarthy for a total of 5 DGW players.

Would love any ideas! Team pre-trades shown below in first pic, the second the proposed team post-trades.

View attachment 2127484

POST TRADES:

View attachment 2127486
I would go with the Idea that can get you McCarthy as I reckon she is a better option than Ham or Ashmore in the long run.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back