Game Day AFLW Round 8: vs GWS, Kinetic Frankston, Sat 19Oct 1:05pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Putting on a clinic now, GWS showing they can't run with Hawks for a full game. Fleming with a highlight reel goal.
Exactly, they were tough opposition for 2 quarters, but they couldn't keep with us for a full game.

They had to exert themselves to reach that extra gear that we naturally run at.

Kemp could be looked at for a 2nd week, uninentional of course but clearly got the head in that knock in Q2(?) and the player is out for the rest of game (this is assuming the news from commetary is correct).

Kemp could be looked at for a 2nd week, uninentional of course but clearly got the head in that knock in Q2(?) and the player is out for the rest of game (this is assuming the news from commetary is correct).
Thankfully I'm not watching on TV, I bet kelli isn't shutting up about it again?

They just keep getting it done! Six in a row and top of the table mid-round. Absolutely fantastic stuff we would not have expected early on coming into the season.

We scrapped and won, the most important thing, and players stepped up when needed. I am a bit concerned that GWS (who are clearly a step below) have given other teams the blueprint to beat us. Yet no finals games will be at Frankston so gameplans on this ground will always be unique.

Thankfully I'm not watching on TV, I bet kelli isn't shutting up about it again?
Honestly I don't think they mentioned the incident again until the injury news. How it happened was a bit random, Hawks got a free from that contest iirc. Was nothing in it but head is head, so who knows. I think it happened in Q3 not Q2 like I said before if anyone wants to have a look on replay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly I don't think they mentioned the incident again until the injury news. How it happened was a bit random, Hawks got a free from that contest iirc. Was nothing in it but head is head, so who knows. I think it happened in Q3 not Q2 like I said before if anyone wants to have a look on replay.

She was enthusiastic in the end…but it is GWS

GWS kicked two goals in the first 3 minutes then nothing until the last quarter. But according to Kelli, they "dominated the first half"

Good for them to get a contest leading into finals and work their way through it. Tough game next week dees back in good form. Thought of the lesser names Elliot and McLaughlin had good games and Butterworth not out of place. That has to be Hipwells benchmark that’s what she can do but too often she goes unsighted. Sadly times up for Ashmore a beautiful person but she’s making terrible decisions week on week and at her age good decision making and composure should be her main contribution now. Bodey back for her should be the only change unless Everest is right as she’s been important. And shout out again to Jenna Richardson an absolute star and should be an AA lock but doubt it.

Good for them to get a contest leading into finals and work their way through it. Tough game next week dees back in good form. Thought of the lesser names Elliot and McLaughlin had good games and Butterworth not out of place. That has to be Hipwells benchmark that’s what she can do but too often she goes unsighted. Sadly times up for Ashmore a beautiful person but she’s making terrible decisions week on week and at her age good decision making and composure should be her main contribution now. Bodey back for her should be the only change unless Everest is right as she’s been important. And shout out again to Jenna Richardson an absolute star and should be an AA lock but doubt it.
Agree with almost all of this.
I know Bridie's family, Bridie has been battling some issues the last 2 years, actually quite amazing she has even gotten on the park given what I've been told. This week is the first time in a while she has appeared to play unhampered, and probably due to the fitness coach completely changing how she trains)

Agree on kash. I love her as a person, but we are definitely beginning to see her skills fall. She's also having quite a few footsteps moments when she should be able to take easy marks or make a relatively simple spoil.

Rich should be AA, but it's the AA, so I'm sure they will find a way for prespakis or something over her

Elliot I feel is a shut-down defender and not much else. Nothing wrong with it, but as the newer girls develop their 2-way running, I feel the gamestyle will see Laura in and out of the side based on match-ups

I would love to see Aine McDonagh kick for goal, and aim for the gap between the big sticks.
She's still a work in progress with her kicking. Remember, she didn't play any form of oval ball sport unlike the other Irish girls who had some rugby experience.
Another preseason working with gunston and I think she will be the complete product

She's still a work in progress with her kicking. Remember, she didn't play any form of oval ball sport unlike the other Irish girls who had some rugby experience.
Another preseason working with gunston and I think she will be the complete product
I absolutely love her. miles ahead in the shots at goal and goal assist stats. Leading the league by miles. Only a tiny fix and she'll be a legend of the game for years. Before the north game today she was top of the league in shots at goal, top in goal assists and top in score involvements. (She might have been over taken in score involvements in the north game though, haven't checked)

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFLW Round 8: vs GWS, Kinetic Frankston, Sat 19Oct 1:05pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back