AFLW Toast AFLW Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Contract lengths 2024
I think Everest is having an extremely underrated season. Hardly getting beaten, runs off her opponent and has a decent boot on her too. Kemp also, been a rock in defense. Not sure if they are AA but they have been extremely important.
They've been great! I think we noticed how much Everist was missed at the start of the GWS game, they took a bit to adjust.

I think Everest is having an extremely underrated season. Hardly getting beaten, runs off her opponent and has a decent boot on her too. Kemp also, been a rock in defense. Not sure if they are AA but they have been extremely important.
Someone told me I rated Everist too high, I've seen nothing but praise for her all season. lol

As a hawks fan, can’t see the criticism of AFLW? We know they are more subject to weather conditions?

So there are 6 teams below 80% for season.

In AFLM recent years, number of teams below 80%

6-4-5-2-3-2–2-2-3. That’s with all the equalisation and better conditions

Last edited:

i dont know if it was Dan Webster, but seeing McDonagh shepherd through a couple goals last week is a good sign, because she was going for difficult marks in the goal square and rushing behinds before, shepherding goals when you can is a good tactic and it seems a recent tactic that McDonagh has incorporated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitchell Madness do you mean there is only ever standing room at Punt Rd or that
all the seats are sold and only standing room left.
There's only ever standing room.
The grandstand is closed to the public for all games there. Apparently not up to standard (reason they are knocking it down and rebuilding it)

They also close the entire Yarra park side of the ground. It's terrible

In fairness the ground is vastly different to what it was back in the 1960s.
They expanded Punt Rd didn't they? That would have taken a lot of the capacity on that side of the ground

They expanded Punt Rd didn't they? That would have taken a lot of the capacity on that side of the ground

Yup - only one stand remains and the footy club's HQ takes up a fair chunk of the area. I walk past it almost daily - there is absolutely no way known you could fit 19,000 people in there for a game now given the area for spectators.

Ikon Park (imagine 2 home finals at a ground the club has never played a game at)

My inner-city selfishness kicks in and I am excited that it would be nearby for me. The girls have won at plenty of different grounds this year - they'll get the job done regardless of the venue.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW Toast AFLW Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back