AFLW AFLW/VFLW 2024 - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi Doggies. Just wondering if anyone has an insight into what's happening with Zimmie Farquharson? She was an exciting prospect at the Lions and I was disappointed when she stepped away for a year and then traded, but hoped the move would benefit her. But I can't find any recent mention of her being considered for selection.

Hi Doggies. Just wondering if anyone has an insight into what's happening with Zimmie Farquharson? She was an exciting prospect at the Lions and I was disappointed when she stepped away for a year and then traded, but hoped the move would benefit her. But I can't find any recent mention of her being considered for selection.

funnily enough, debuting this week! I think she and Weston-Turner will swap out for a while, Hartwig plays tall and is our best forward at the moment so we wouldn't play all three of them

The Western Bulldogs have made three changes for their Week 6 clash against North Melbourne on Saturday.

Zimmie Farquharson will make her club debut, while Naomi Ferres will play her first game of the season.
Analea McKee has also been recalled for the clash.

Jorja Borg comes out of the side through injury, while Elle Bennetts and Kristie-Lee Weston-Turner have been managed.

Brooke Barwick, Aurora Smith and Bree McFarlane have been listed as the emergencies.

Alice Edmonds will assume the number one ruck role, with De Berry, Isabelle Pritchard and Jess Fitzgerald starting in the centre.
Lauren Ahrens will lead the backline, while Sarah Hartwig will start at full forward.

Elisabeth Georgostathis will celebrate her 50th AFLW match.

The match will start at 1.05pm AEST at Arden Street Oval and be broadcast live on Fox Footy and Kayo Sports.

Sorry to see Bennetts is out, even if it's only "managed". I thought she was one of our better players last week.

This week will be a real test of where we are at.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW AFLW/VFLW 2024 - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back