AFLW AFLW/VFLW 2024 - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting selection, I would’ve liked to have kept Farquharson in the 21, she’s definitely shown enough to keep her spot and it’s strange to see her omitted. Happy to see McKee come in though, having McFarlane, McKee and Weston-Turner all in the same side definitely suggests we plan to play a more attacking style this week. That surely also means we’ll have at least 2 key talls inside 50 at all times and allow Hartwig and Woodley to crumb.

Having Weston-Turner as the sole key tall was doing nobody any favours, a lot of pressure on someone so young and not really letting her develop naturally without being the number 1 forward.

Tackling pressure and an attacking style is what I think we’d all like to see tomorrow night, who cares if we lose by 40 points, look at the Brisbane game, we got smashed around the ground but we took the game on and actually scored at a decent rate when we got it inside.

Here’s how we match up against Carlton…

Western Bulldogs / Carlton - R8 2024 - Princes Park

Avg. Career Games
: 29.8 / 37.0
Median Career Games: 28 / 35

1-10 Games Experience: 5 / 1
11-30 Games Experience: 6 / 9
31-49 Games Experience: 6 / 5
50+ Games Experience: 4 / 6

Avg. Age: 23.3 / 25.8

Under 21 Years Old: 6 / 4
Aged 21-24 Years Old: 10 / 4
Over 25 Years Old: 5 / 10
Farquharson was good in the first half but seemed to go missing after that.
Perhaps injured or unfit?

Farquharson was good in the first half but seemed to go missing after that.
Perhaps injured or unfit?

Yeah I'd agree with that, it sounded like in some of the interviews she's done she wasn't expecting to play much senior footy this year and was building up her fitness, it makes sense given she's had a year off with a full time apprenticeship.

She only played 52% of the game last week so that would suggest she is struggling to run out games. I still think it's harsh to list her as omitted though. In both games she's shown that she has the speed and talent and I would be giving her another year in a heartbeat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW AFLW/VFLW 2024 - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back