AFLW AFLW/VFLW 2024 - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Pritchard and Fitzy fighting for the 10 coaches votes I think, with Wilcox in for a few as well.

If we could find players in the men's who have the exact traits of Wilcox and Grigg, we'd be laughing. Love a pocket rocket who tackles hard and can find the goals.

Easily our best win for a couple of years, it was a great example of what we’re trying to build towards. Won the ball, used the ball well and applied serious pressure. I can’t recall the last time we met those three parameters.

Very much a team effort and it’s amazing how much better we look with 3 talls in the side, allowing Hartwig and Grigg to roam, crumb and tackle inside 50, we finished 22-12 in that stat which was big, largely thanks to Hartwig and Grigg.

We still had problems connecting inside 50 and given the sheer number of inside 50s we had (42), we probably should’ve scored a few more goals. It’s exciting to think that once we develop that connection, we’re gonna be high high-scoring team.

Just about everyone had their season best game but clearly Pritchard was the standout. It’s great that she’s finally getting recognition from outside the club, we’ve just got to get her signature on a long term contract now.

Carruthers, Fitzgerald, Hartwig and Berry all had fantastic games, with Fitzgerald really having a solid second half of the season and Carruthers becoming a tackling machine. It was also great to see some of our younger players in Gorham, McKee, Woodley and Kimber have strong games as well. I thought Kimber looked pretty solid in D50 and reads the ball well. Given she was an injury replacement player I would be thinking about moving her to the primary list.

I know I say it every week but Weston-Turner is getting more and more confident with each game and she defentiley showed tonight why she was pick 1. For someone that size to be that good on the ground and in the air as well as performing run down tackles is just so exciting to see.

The only sour note was the injuries to Edmonds and Weston-Turner, I was worried there for a minute that Edmonds had done her ACL but seemingly it’s an ankle. Looks like she’ll miss the last two games which is a shame and certainly stretches as thin as we’re now down to 0 rucks, so one of McKee or McFarlane will likely have to take the #1 ruck spot for the last two games.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW AFLW/VFLW 2024 - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back