AFLW AFLW/VFLW 2024 - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Bull Terrier Dog GIF by Jimmy the Bull

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints always complaining about the umpiring no matter how much they it favours them. Never change.
One of my early memories of Saints supporters is being at a dogs v saints game at vfl park in the mid 80s. Saints supporters around us were b*tching about the umpiring. They won the game. The next day in the paper the paper said frees were 15-42. I have hated them ever since.

The turn around the last 2 weeks has been massive.

The criticism the coach got after the Essendon game, and rightly so, may have just triggered something in her mind and the players minds, becuase we have played completely different to that horrendous night.

I said after 1st few weeks that we wouldn't win a game. So with a week to go, to have won 4, is a great effort.

And one last thing, I am so glad that we sponsor Lizzy G. She never gives up, is hard at it, and does a great job for her size

Saints always complaining about the umpiring no matter how much they it favours them. Never change.
It's a truism of being a footy fan though, isn't it? From the partisan perspective you always remember the dud and borderline ones that didn't go your way ... but never the ones that did.

Sort of like riding a bike. The wind always seems to be in your face even though half the time it's really not. (You can prove this is true if you do a loop or an out and back ride).

Great to hear about the win. Sorry I missed it due to other commitments but will look for the replay if it's available soon. Congratulations girls!

Looks like the decision to move Burke on and bring in Tam Hyett was not only the right one but is already starting to show results.

Some eerie similarities to Bevo's arrival ... the club had lined up a different coach but that was gazumped at the last minute. Big turnaround in fortunes within a season. One coach talks about "bringing your instruments", the other talks about being "like a band on the rise".

Hmmm, has anyone seen Tam Hyett and Bevo in the same room? :think:

Saints always complaining about the umpiring no matter how much it favours them. Never change.

The most horrendously umpired game I have ever seen is still that Round 1 AFLW game vs Saints from about 3 seasons ago when we were absolutely murdered by two diametrically opposed interpretations of the holding the ball rule. The lopsided free kick count that day was a disgrace.

4 wins is a great effort. Round one to now is a pretty big difference
It's a coincidence we beat St K today because our season seems to have mirrored their season from last year. The Saints were the most improved team last year when comparing their first half to their second half.

Hopefully we can take this momentum into 2025 just like the Saints were able to do before falling in a hole.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW AFLW/VFLW 2024 - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back