After 9 rnds which supporters would be most disappointed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Macpie

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Jul 11, 2001
Beyond Melbourne
Other Teams
MIGHTY PIES
Bears would have to be right up there but I guess most of their supporters are blow-ins anyway and will conole themselves with Bum Sniffers for the rest of the season.

Port Adelaide - not really - a quality list and will win plenty over next few years

Bummers - only the diehards expected a miracle and most are coming to realisation that the party is over. One or two quality young players but not a bright future at this stage. Need to re-invent themselves without Yoda

Pies - despite yesterdays win - the year has been a disaster. Young players not such a worry as quality players out of form. Maybe a couple of wins will get them back to what they are capable of.

Saints - lost some intensity but injuries and suspension haven't helped. With all their leg-ups they should be on top but still proven big game performers and will be there in Sep.

No - for me it is a toss up between the Roos and the Blues.

Roos flew outa the boxes and looked a million dollars. Hard now to see where their next win will come from and its the same list as was doing the winning. Not a good sign.

Blues - Wizard champions who were on the road to salvation with Dennis. Basically in free fall now right back where they came from. Failure seems entrenched and to have replaced the winning culture that used to characterise this club.

St. Kilda supporters should be, but they seem to have faith.

I'd say Carlton fans. There was talk after the Wizard Cup of playing finals, now they're barely competitive and their lack of depth has been shown up.

Think you might need to add Freo to the list. :D

Port and Brisbane have enough new silverware to comfort them. Essendon supporters expected to be crap.

Carlton and Collingwood easily.

If we lose to Sydney next week I think we'll leap-frog these teams though. :(

Macpie said:
Bummers - only the diehards expected a miracle and most are coming to realisation that the party is over. One or two quality young players but not a bright future at this stage. Need to re-invent themselves without Yoda

lol, ur contradicting yourself. why would we be disappointed when we all knew we were in for a ordinary season?

StKilda. Their supporters havent stopped bragging about their "brilliant" recruiting for the past 3 years, and they look like they've gone nowhere.

St Kilda and Carlton. I gave neither side any hope of having an impact in September, the Blues no hope of getting near the finals, but their supporters kept up their false hopes

As for Pies fans, we aint disappointed, more Pies fans would be disappointed if we finsih similar to last year, we need a good injection of youth and the no1 pick in the PSD would be a handy bargaining tool

Im happy with this year so far, and my tipping is superb

I aint dissapointed especially when we have a huge amount of injuries that we have.To beat West Coast yesterday with multiple key players out was a brilliant effort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton fans would be the most dissapointed, while Port and Brisbane fans would have expected a much better showing.

If you were a St Kilda fan, you wouldn't be too dissapointed.

What's happened to them is just footy's vicious cycle biting them on the backside.

If they finish anywhere from 1st to 8th and hit September with the same amount of injuries as West Coast, Melbourne, etc, you wouldn't back against them.

Collingwood: end of thread. We are bottom. I dont care what injuries, rebuilding mode bs bs etc. Nothing is more dissapointing than being at the @rse end of the ladder. No such thing as excuses, maybe reasons for things happening (there is a differance) but excuses are for losers who accept mediocracy way to easily!!!!

footyfreak said:
Collingwood: end of thread. We are bottom. I dont care what injuries, rebuilding mode bs bs etc. Nothing is more dissapointing than being at the @rse end of the ladder. No such thing as excuses, maybe reasons for things happening (there is a differance) but excuses are for losers who accept mediocracy way to easily!!!!

Get used to it. :D

dave_27 said:
lol, ur contradicting yourself. why would we be disappointed when we all knew we were in for a ordinary season?

He is as thick as a brick. What else did you expect. But I must give him some credit for starting a thread not used solely to bag us. Although I did notice he slipped his dig in even though it made no sense. I beg to differ on Port. He says they will win alot over the coming years but I disagree. Last night they may have beaten us but it was far from convincing and if not for Tredrea we would have won. Real test will come in the next fortnight. West Coast should give them a hiding and then St.Kilda in Tasmania will be tough.

Probably Brisbane and Port deserve a mention. It is inevitable that premiership teams fall from grace, but I don't think anybody expected it to happen as quickly as it has.

Not that their seasons are necessarily over, but it will take some work.

i guess I should have waited until after the Freo Hawks game. Docker supporters must be gutted. No matter how many good players they get - they never never seem to amount to anything more than mediocrity. hard pill to swallow.

St. Kilda supporters should be the most dissapointed. They have got a team of champions but arent performing. They should be in at least top 4 and arent even in top 8. Would be shattered if i followed st. Kilda.

Fremantle fans would have to be disappointed with a 4-5 start and losing 2 games that they should have really won (Richmond and Hawthorn) if the formguide was any indication.

Port fans would be disappointed with the record, but then would point to the injury list like every other side in the comp.

shanrew said:
St. Kilda supporters should be the most dissapointed. They have got a team of champions but arent performing. They should be in at least top 4 and arent even in top 8. Would be shattered if i followed st. Kilda.

Won't win a flag with Thomas as coach unfortunately as he seems a good bloke.

Macpie said:
Pies - Young players not such a worry as quality players out of form. Maybe a couple of wins will get them back to what they are capable of.

This from one who reckons our kids are crap. Says it all really.

Predict another pies flag this year Geoff or were you more realistic after last years monumental stuff up?

eddiesmith said:
St Kilda and Carlton. I gave neither side any hope of having an impact in September, the Blues no hope of getting near the finals, but their supporters kept up their false hopes

As for Pies fans, we aint disappointed, more Pies fans would be disappointed if we finsih similar to last year, we need a good injection of youth and the no1 pick in the PSD would be a handy bargaining tool

Im happy with this year so far, and my tipping is superb

The saints might just beat you too it, after the weekends form. :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

After 9 rnds which supporters would be most disappointed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back