Autopsy After a tight😶 half of football we steamroll Essendon by 39

Remove this Banner Ad

Understand the comparison but i think there is a difference in the attacking nature of Gulden and Heeney. Both of the latter two can kick 2 goals in a game whereas don't really see Adams doing that and also they both end up with way more SIs because even their kicks forward generate pressure on oppo defenders

Agree , he didn't do enough tonight to make up for his, where as the other 3 influenced the win .

I think he has faded and if he is best 22 he may need a break, if he isn't then maybe you play him and rest someone else

Agree , he didn't do enough tonight to make up for his, where as the other 3 influenced the win .

I think he has faded and if he is best 22 he may need a break, if he isn't then maybe you play him and rest someone else
The funny thing is if you look at his game log he goes in spurts of 2-3 games good then 2-3 games bad. Given his last 2 have been poor odds are on him bouncing back.

It's in the top 5 shittiest shots I have seen.

Rocca missing from the goal square set shot is number 1

geez, that flake stringer must be in with a nomination for tonight's effort, not only for the miss but to miss in those circumstances, season on the line, potential momentum change ... that was an abysmal, pathetic kick

geez, that flake stringer must be in with a nomination for tonight's effort, not only for the miss but to miss in those circumstances, season on the line, potential momentum change ... that was an abysmal, pathetic kick
To add to his 3 in the last against the Suns.

It isn't that hard to believe actually as we are very short of key defenders. We knew at the start of the season if one of McCartin or Melican went down we did not have anyone else to really cover for them.

I more meant Lewis Melican - the guy who was forgotten about two years ago and could have been delisted or on traded multiple times over the last 5 years. Who would have thought he would be the man that would be so pivotal.

True but Adams kicked like an American comedian doing a documentary on Aussie Rules kicking for the first time.

What a poor first half. What an awesome second half.

Mills and Florent are back!

Campbell kept us in the contest. Hope its the start of something for us.

Parker not washed yet.

Whoever gave the mids a rocket at half time, kudos.

Whoever shut down Durham was superb.

Time to rest Grundy/Hayward and anyone with niggles.
JJ on Merrett got right up him whiney little thing.
Think Rowy ran with Durham some but not a tag.

True but Adams kicked like an American comedian doing a documentary on Aussie Rules kicking for the first time.

Be fair though Adams almost made the distance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I more meant Lewis Melican - the guy who was forgotten about two years ago and could have been delisted or on traded multiple times over the last 5 years. Who would have thought he would be the man that would be so pivotal.
Can you imagine if someone said to us after the 2022 Preliminary Final win against the Pies, that in 2 years time, Lewis Melican will be your number 1 defender? I would have thought we were wooden spooners. Amazing resilience from Melican. I was a massive critic of his, but I eat humble pie now.

Now to just sit back and relax and watch all the the other top 2-8 contenders destroy each other.
Ahhh...

yeah, it's a sweet feeling getting a big win friday night ... and particularly at such an important time of the season ... enjoy some games that will really mean a lot ...
i reckon collingwood are a big chance against brisbane and i give north a real chance at upsetting the dogs on sunday

So the Swans realistically have Juzz, Papley and Warner to return.
For those ins i expect: Cleary, Warner and Amartey/Adams to get dropped and Campbell/Adams to be moved to sub
Would think there’s pretty much zero chance we are going to change our 3 tall forward set up this late in the season, after running with it for so long.

At full strength Ch Warner, Papley and McInerney come in for Co Warner, Cleary and Campbell, with Roberts to drop back to sub for mine.

^ Campbell, Fox and Cleary handy depth though outside of our best 23 if needed.

Mcdonald looked great, but more around the ground.

Mcleans ruck work was good I thought. Amartey started to get going then looked like he got injured ?
Amartey's ruck work was good in the last quarter too. I really like the idea of giving both he and McLean bursts in there to keep the match-ups unpredictable for both the opposition rucks and defenders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy After a tight😶 half of football we steamroll Essendon by 39

Remove this Banner Ad

Back