Alan Didak

Remove this Banner Ad

has had injuries this year but is finding touch now. i think he is unspeakably brilliant on his day but needs to demonstrate some pretty good consistent form for the rest of the year and against higher rated oppositions/and in finals if we make them.

that is stupidity. Can boast elite performances against any team, any opposition on every ground. Finals. WTF?? He won the 2003 elimination final against Brisbane, and I don't know if you were actually watching the 2007 final series or do you have to go to bed at 8pm every night?
Your comments are baseless and idiotic and belong next to our national treasurer for credibility. The End.

Not elite until you've had a few successful seasons (both individually and as a team)

So Nathan Buckley from 1994 to 2001 wasn't a consistent player? Robert Harvey wasn't consistent from 1989-1996? Tony Lockett wasn't consistent from 1987-1995?

I'm sure you'll retract that rubbish

Many in the football world both media and fans for awhile have believed or still do that Collingwood has no star quality.

Davis, Didak, Pendlebury and Swan are all elite footballers now.

If Didak continues this rich vein of form, bookmark him for AA honours.

Many in the football world both media and fans for awhile have believed or still do that Collingwood has no star quality.

Davis, Didak, Pendlebury and Swan are all elite footballers now.

If Didak continues this rich vein of form, bookmark him for AA honours.
Davis, on current form is the only elite player you've listed

Didak, Pendles and Swan are very good players, but they're not elite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Davis, on current form is the only elite player you've listed

Didak, Pendles and Swan are very good players, but they're not elite.

Swan and Pendlebury are/were (say for Pendles' injury) #1 and #2 in the league for many statistics.

Now statistics are overrated in measuring a player's performance and ability, however if you think neither of them are elite, it is foolish thinking.

As for Didak, been elite for some time now, just many people choose to overlook or not accept it.

Doubt it. He has probably already missed too much football. Plus the two games before his layoff he struggled. So he is 7 games behind the rest.

Probably a long shot but not entirely over.

Brownlows can and have been won based on half-seasons so it isn't out of the question.

Agree that it looks stupid to try ansd assess a player as elite after a BOG performance but Didak has been v good always and consistently so since 2006 barring time out with major knee injury, other injuries and suspensions.

Is connsistently v good when playing and our most talented midfielder. Can turn games with individual brilliance and their are only a handful of midfielders you can say that about. I love Leon and his growth as a player but he is not in Didaks class

Overall most pleasing thing for Pie fans is that it is becoming increasingly obvious that we have a much classier and talented midfield than most others give us credit for. Davis Didak Pendlebury and Swan as the Stars and support from O'Bree Thomas Sidebottom Wellingham Lockyer and youngsters Beams and McCarthy waiting for their chance

Class and depth so a midfield not to be sneezed at

Very good player, but not elite as elite is the term for the best of the best or top 3-4 in league which he is not a part of. Good on him for playing like this against this opposition, but come bump this thread when he plays a game like that against a quality side and quality oppponent, would love to see those stats when he plays on a Dale Morris or the like, doubt I will though.

Very good player, but not elite as elite is the term for the best of the best or top 3-4 in league which he is not a part of. Good on him for playing like this against this opposition, but come bump this thread when he plays a game like that against a quality side and quality oppponent, would love to see those stats when he plays on a Dale Morris or the like, doubt I will though.

Who?

Like when he got the 3 Brownlow votes against Geelong last year? Do they count as a quality side?

Remove this Banner Ad

Alan Didak

Remove this Banner Ad

Back