Alan Didak

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if I'll see a similar comment from you in the many Pears threads that have been created....

Debating whether or not a player is worthy of a rising star nom is different to debating if a player is elite. But yes, if an Essendon supporters started a similiar thread to this about Watson i would just be telling them not to bother.

Everybody has a different definition of elite so it is a pointless debate. Some people rate the top 3 players in the comp elite, other people 50.

I have seen 3 threads in the last month or so asking the exact same question "Is Didak elite now?"

As i said before the guy is a freak so i wouldn't be too fussed about trying to convince the people who obviously have trouble putting their hate to one side when rating players.

Didak is starting to play to his potential. He has the talent to be one of the best in the game, hence the excitement over his recent form.

I rate him very, very highly. Such a damaging player and so, so classy.

Geez, calm down guys.

Didak is a great player, no doubt about it, but there are about 20 other midfielders of his calibre...for starters;

Gary Ablett,
Chris Judd,
Scott Pendelbury,
Joel Selwood,
Cyril Rioli,
Scott Thompson,
Sam Mitchell,
Luke Hodge (when in the middle; guess i would add Pavlich to that too)
Simon Black
Lenny Hayes
Brent Harvey
Adam Cooney
Ryan Griffen....

And i won't even add Bartel and Corey to that list just to keep you guys happy, and im too lazy to mention anymore.

All the above players have matched or surpassed Didak in my opinion, especially over the last 3 years. I guess you could make the argument that they are all elite, but then whats really the point...i would only call Judd and Ablett elite from that list, as i would have only called Buckley, Hird and Voss elite 10 years ago.

lol

u = humourous

For pure skill, match winning ability and the whole 'x' factor he is one of the best, so I guess he is elite. Although, when we rate him at the end of his career he might have lacked the consistency to be considered elite.

I love to read non-troll responses to the question....
Has Didak gone a small way to answering he question "is he as good as Daicos"?

I'd like to hear from any sensible...non-idiots.

Honestly, if for the rest of his career Didak can consistently play 30+ disposal games at 80%+ efficiency plus chipping in with a goal or two a game, I'd say he'll be up there. But then again, I'm young(ish) and only remember Daics towards the end of his career, so I'm probably not the best one to make such judgements...

Honestly, if for the rest of his career Didak can consistently play 30+ disposal games at 80%+ efficiency plus chipping in with a goal or two a game, I'd say he'll be up there. But then again, I'm young(ish) and only remember Daics towards the end of his career, so I'm probably not the best one to make such judgements...

I'll take that.
You can't argue that Didak has not taken the challenge and for the last two weeks is in front. A long career to go but you have to give him the first 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One word

OVERRATED

I think the term "over rated" is over rated.
It's the phrase of preference of those who have no argument against a player but still want to be seen to have something to say....

Perhaps I don't qualify but the way I see it, if he played as a permanent forward and he kicked 90 goals he'd be comparable to Daicos. He is a gun but Daicos was beyond that. Didak is not and can not be as good Daicos. The talent gulf cannot be breached. Daicos was better at everything than Didak and that is not a put down for Didak.

Didak is now on a par with Gary Ablett Jnr.

Over the last couple of weeks possibly.

At his best he could well be the Ablett type. Low center of gravity, strong legs, ability to get out of tackles, and a superb finisher. Now that he is finding the footy 30+ times a game he could well get to that level he he keeps moving forward.

Uses it by foot more often than Ablett.

Remove this Banner Ad

Alan Didak

Remove this Banner Ad

Back