Certified Legendary Thread Alastair Clarkson II - signs 5 year contract w/ North Melbourne 19 August 2022 - news breaks p360

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Edmund saying Essendon about to enter the arena. Romance vs Big theatre

This, in all its simplicity is exactly where we’re at. Nothing more.

North already in the box seat and * just entering. With Brasher gone they’re about to make their first pitch.

Given the timing it should fail. But what worries me is the confidence that some ITKs (like Robbo) have. He was very very confident last night that they’ll be able to snatch him. What that basically means is a board member has told him that they’re going all in with an offer enough to change his mind . Let’s hope they’re wrong

This, in all its simplicity is exactly where we’re at. Nothing more.

North already in the box seat and * just entering. With Brasher gone they’re about to make their first pitch.

Given the timing it should fail. But what worries me is the confidence that some ITKs (like Robbo) have. He was very very confident last night that they’ll be able to snatch him. What that basically means is a board member has told him that they’re going all in with an offer enough to change his mind . Let’s hope they’re wrong
I didn't get that sense from Robbo.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

BTW, this footage is from the game against North, not last week.
Yep and Jabba’s minions were dumb enough to forget the scores are in the left hand corner of the screen.

Two games spliced together = defame Rutten = narrative = clicks.

****in parasites..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All they need to do is spook clarko from signing with us tomorrow. Then they can do the review and sign clarko later
If that happens you would think it doesn’t matter anyway because we would move on.

I would be astounded if we told Clarko that he could take more time?

It’s at the point of no return. He either signs on or we move on. The club can’t afford for this to drag out when we potentially have to conduct a full on process to search for a coach and not to mention player contracts in limbo.

I think we find out either way this week. If he tells us he is interested in looking at the Essendon opportunity, then I would think that rule us out.

Essendon are where clubs like Carlton and Richmond were a decade ago. They're stuck in the 80s and think being a big club entitles them to success and that they can buy and influence their way to a premiership.

Whoever comes in as their next coach will have numerous guns pointed to their head by trigger-happy power-brokers and coterie members. Since 2010 Essendon have had five seasons with less than 10 wins:

2010: Matthew Knights sacked
2015: James Hird sacked
2016: John Worsfold's first year.
2020: John Worsfold sacked
2022: Ben Rutten sacked

It's a club with zero patience and zero integrity. If Clarkson signs a five-year contract with the Bombers, I'd be betting that he doesn't make it to the end of it.

I think we find out either way this week. If he tells us he is interested in looking at the Essendon opportunity, then I would think that rule us out.

You’d like to think so.

We are completely in and if he’s not he’s not but we need to rule a line around it and walk away.

Nothing has been agreed upon
Including assistant coaches committing to us.
Only one person here has said that.
You don't know that as I don't know for certain there has been. my comments are based on Clarko wanting his own team around him.

Surely your not suggesting there wont be any changes around our assistant coaches etc ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back