Coach Alastair Clarkson III - new NMFC senior coach until at least end 2027 - NMFC board approved AC to start 1/11 amid ongoing HFC racism investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep i reckon its jed having a final tell all before hes moved on

was also traded out of the hawks by clarko

You’ve had a lot of shit takes over the years TZ, but this one takes the cake.

As is usual, there is going to be a (hopefully not too) wide array of contrary views on this story. Keep it clean and follow the rules.

Had the same thought regarding Burgoyne and even other indigenous players who speak well of their time at Hawthorn, but it's pretty hard to deny the fact that 3 separate players/couples have reported to have experienced the same thing. I can't see this being made up.

My thoughts keep drifting towards 'I wonder when these occurred?'

These things happening 3-5 years ago hits differently to them happening 15-20 years ago - horrible either way, but Fagan has clearly built a family-like environment in Brisbane with players often referring to him as a father-like figure and Clarko also seems to have mellowed out quite a bit since his early coaching years.

Regardless of whether or not these men have changed, the victims would no doubt want justice, and/or for the pain they've experienced to be acknowledged at the very least. This is right and good.
yep burgoyne is still close with clarko to this day

if true burgoyne would have known about some of his team mates alleged and this would not be the case

On the Jed Anderson stuff, he is still a listed player and has not been delisted, at this stage he is just OOC. He also wasn't turfed by Clarkson at Hawthorn, he moved for opportunity.

These young men have made their statements under anonymity, it's not fair the mental gymnastics to work out who they are.

Some pretty serious allegations in this. Too many ramifications both on and off field to succinctly or tastefully cover here.

On a football note only, imagine Adams might play caretaker again while investigations are run.

On a trivial note disappointing that one St Kilda poster sprung to life with this story breaking to use for some grave dancing.

Clarkson only starts on the 1st of November so he isn't officially with our club. Hopefully this will save our club from scrutiny if we extricate ourselves from the position we are in.
Save our club? It puts us in a massive hole, again. We might as well shove those extra picks up Gil's arse now. We wont be able to get any trades done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really thinking of Clarkson. More thinking of our next captain, a proud indigenous man, who appears to be in a beautiful relationship with his partner, who might read that article and wonder about the future of his life, and what he might want for him and his partner and their future children. Thinking of Tarryn, who might have thought things were finally turning around and now has the uncertainties of a coach who appears to have a fairly horrific track record of handling indigenous men under his care, and what that means for Tarryns career and his life. Thinking of Jed, and if he is indeed one of those men mentioned in the story, what it must be like to have those feelings and emotions dredged up years after the fact, for him and his beautiful family. Thinking of Kyron Hayden and his stunning speech about his indigenous heritage, thinking of JHF and his recent discovery of his own heritage and the difficult realisations he'll now have to come to as a hyper talented young indigenous man

If it is true and I have no reason to believe it is not - Jackson is arguably the best sports journo in Australia - then I don't want him coaching the club. Incredible history of success sure. But making people abort their children and break up with their partners for the furthering of their careers is just abhorrent

First reaction was he deserves a right of reply, he's close to Burgoyne, one of the few Hawthorn people Cyril still speaks to etc. Then realised that's very much club bias and white privilege talking, even if it's true.

Just a horrible situation and an extremely difficult one for Sonja and the club to manage. Fairly or unfairly, the article has been very much written as a Clarko issue as much as a Hawthorn one.

Football and Coaching is irrelevant in stories like this.

The strength shown to share their stories knowing people will call them liars is amazing. The victims are not to blame.

Whilst this is true, it's hard not to note how many pithy words of moral wisdom are suddenly being offered on here by opposition supporters.

I'm suspecting past serious dramas at their own clubs were discussed with far less objectivity.

On the Jed Anderson stuff, he is still a listed player and has not been delisted, at this stage he is just OOC. He also wasn't turfed by Clarkson at Hawthorn, he moved for opportunity.

These young men have made their statements under anonymity, it's not fair the mental gymnastics to work out who they are.

Correct, Jed may not have been affected so keep his name out of your ****ing mouths.

yep burgoyne is still close with clarko to this day

if true burgoyne would have known about some of his team mates alleged and this would not be the case
This might surprise you mate, but Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aren’t one conglomerate who know everything about eachother.

Will there be a mass exodus from North? Who will our next coach be if this is all true about Clarkson? This is sad sad sad all around..

Largely irrelevant given the broader context of the allegations, and fully acknowledge this sentiment comes from a position of immense privilege, but boy...

It's hard not to read that story and just feel an overwhelming sense of 'we can never have nice things'.

Whilst this is true, it's hard not to note how many pithy words of moral wisdom are suddenly being offered on here by opposition supporters.

I'm suspecting past serious dramas at their own clubs were discussed with far less objectivity.

Yeah I was shocked the first two posts about it in this thread were a St Kilda and a Freo supporter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back