Coach Alastair Clarkson III - new NMFC senior coach until at least end 2027 - NMFC board approved AC to start 1/11 amid ongoing HFC racism investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFL should introduce player support roles/services within every club that are managed by the AFL directly. Would help to ensure std's and mitigate the potential for this type of stuff to happen into the future.

High draft picks are valued highly by clubs and they will therefore attempt to protect their investment in any way. Potentially some of those ways are simply unacceptable.

Something here smells of Hawthorn not being entirely honest and transparent here in conducting this report, to put it mildly.

While there are plenty of unproven allegations, let’s put them aside for the time being and look at the FACTS:

• Clarko has a great standing in the game, very good reputation and is widely respected.
  • Very similar things can be said of Fagan
  • Both coaches have great relationships with a number of indigenous players, including those who joined from other clubs and haven’t said one bad thing about either coach. Won’t bother listing names here
  • Some of these players are seriously considering coming to North just to be reunited with former coach
  • Hawthorn’s president has been well documented for having issues with dealing with indigenous players with Rioli case being a recent public example of this. Yet not one comment today has mentioned Kennett as part of the problem, in fact it’s been said the club is now a great place for indigenous players, despite Kennett still being there and Rioli refusing to come back to the club
  • add to that the somewhat weird timing of this report, something tells me it’s not 100% full of integrity, once again to put it mildly.

But some people don’t like to look at the facts, instead preferring to jump out of their pants with righteous and presumptuous comments

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
There were a lot of very well respected Priests and School counsellors too.
Only takes one time, one action or conversation to change everything.

"Former Hawks staffer Fagan has been devastated and blindsided by the allegations and he has told he has no knowledge of the meetings that have been alleged by former Hawthorn indigenous players." - Jon Ralph.
north and clarko should both come out with statements immediately

fagan has now addressed it our turn

Something here smells of Hawthorn not being entirely honest and transparent here in conducting this report, to put it mildly.

While there are plenty of unproven allegations, let’s put them aside for the time being and look at the FACTS:

• Clarko has a great standing in the game, very good reputation and is widely respected.
  • Very similar things can be said of Fagan
  • Both coaches have great relationships with a number of indigenous players, including those who joined from other clubs and haven’t said one bad thing about either coach. Won’t bother listing names here
  • Some of these players are seriously considering coming to North just to be reunited with former coach
  • Hawthorn’s president has been well documented for having issues with dealing with indigenous players with Rioli case being a recent public example of this. Yet not one comment today has mentioned Kennett as part of the problem, in fact it’s been said the club is now a great place for indigenous players, despite Kennett still being there and Rioli refusing to come back to the club
  • add to that the somewhat weird timing of this report, something tells me it’s not 100% full of integrity, once again to put it mildly.

But some people don’t like to look at the facts, instead preferring to jump out of their pants with righteous and presumptuous comments

In any argument the truth falls somewhere between the two arguments, unfortunately wherever that falls is still unexceptionable.

I find this all very disappointing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

as if it's going to change anything for this board. they'll believe anything except due process it seems.

they should go read up on witch burnings. clarkson is as good as dead to 90% of ppl here.
I think that sentiment is mainly driven by precedent. I doubt many of us want to see Clarkson go, but the ship has already sailed in terms of this being a matter that will resolve and we all go on about our day. Even if the report is retracted and Clarkson is proven to have played no part - a seemingly impossible outcome - nervous sponsors and the AFL's usual hamfisted approach all but guarantees he will not start on 1 November.

I thought it was funny that he was responding like this will all blow over soon.

It's possible to acknowledge the seriousness of allegations while not wetting the bed about it to make yourself seem empathetic on an online forum. At the end of the day, all parties actually involved will never, ever give a s**t that I typed "lol" in a post. Come on bloke.

I’m 100% confident it will blow over soon and will be almost completely forgotten by the time preseason training starts

It’d be pretty shitty
The whole thing is.

The affected parties, players and staff at 3 clubs, trade targets, fans, members, etc. have all been affected. I feel so flat and seriously considering my support for the sport.

Ffs. I just wish we could just enjoy footy again. North cannot be a part of this. Clarkson’s position is untenable now in my opinion. And if we have to somehow payout this kind of contract before it’s even begun, we can kiss our club goodbye.
One thing we can be confident of is we won't have to pay him out.

Every contract has a standard clause that your employment can be terminated effective immediately if the employee brings the employer into disrepute or affects, or may affect, their ability to carry out their duties properly. Commits an act of serious misconduct etc.

Last edited:
There were a lot of very well respected Priests and School counsellors too.
Only takes one time, one action or conversation to change everything.

Let’s not bring back the 1960s here please. No way would this stay quiet if any of it were true. This is a complete shambles of an attempt by Hawthorn to appear clean while trying to tarnish their former employees. But nothing will be proven and I hope if that’s the case, this so called great reporter will be made accountable.

Right oh, because Luke Hodge said this we just speak to him? No other players knew about it? We have an indigenous player at our own club who was at Hawthorn at the time. Maybe he could have shed some light. Maybe talk to Rioli who had already talked about racist issues at the club?

No, the point is, it wasn't known outside the individuals involved. This is a huge story but there was not one inkling of it over the years that have passed. So, there is a reason why our board didn't know. It's the same reason why no-one else in football knew.

You've been such a rubbish "supporter" lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back