Coach Alastair Clarkson III - new NMFC senior coach until at least end 2027 - NMFC board approved AC to start 1/11 amid ongoing HFC racism investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious to read the terms of reference but haven't been able to find them, despite the commentary on the AFL website saying they have been released. Have asked a couple of media mates who are also looking for them.
Apologies if its been posted and I've missed it.
A lions supporter just posted it in the MB thread, and its the first time I've seen it.
Keen for your thoughts, and Merlin007 and hsquid's too

My first impression is surprise at how extraordinarily broad the definition of "inappropriate conduct" is.

A lions supporter just posted it in the MB thread, and its the first time I've seen it.

My first impression is surprise at how extraordinarily broad the definition of "inappropriate conduct" is.
Very interesting read so far, and your point is absolutely right and concerns me.

Definitions
b. “Inappropriate Conduct”
iii. inappropriate intrusion upon or purported control (including coercive control), over the family, cultural and/or non-football lives and wellbeing of HFC listed players and/or their intimate partners, friends and families;
Every Senior coach would be found guilty of this.

Matters for Investigation
2. Specifically with regard to First Nations players, whether during the Relevant Period (or any part thereof) HFC engaged in Inappropriate Conduct directed towards any First Nations players, their families and/or their intimate partners which involved or included demands, duress or pressure
Going to get a lot of hits there considering they use the phrase "counselled or encouraged".
Again every Senior coach does this.

5.Whether the ‘Cultural Safety Review’ commissioned by HFC and undertaken by Mr Philip Egan of Binmada Pty Ltd (Binmada Report) was an appropriate mechanism and/or adopted appropriate procedures for the matters Mr Egan was engaged to review and/or ultimately investigated.
This one is particularly interesting, because even if the players and their families refuse to get involved this will be examined.

The first part of the document, about what the investigation is examining, pisses me off. Intruding in players' lives is something endemic to the league at large, yet it's going to be examined here within a very very narrow context and definitionally will be described as inappropriate conduct. I've maintained that this type of behaviour should be examined, but not within such a narrow context. Unless everyone refuses to participate I don't see how they don't get pinged for this in some way.

Well I heard it on the radio
And I saw it on the television
Back in 1988
All those talking politicians
Words are easy, words are cheap
Much cheaper than our priceless land
But promises can disappear
Just like writing in the sand

Treaty Yeh Treaty Now
Treaty Yeh Treaty Now

Nhima Djatpangarri nhima walangwalang -
Nhe Djatpayatpa nhima gaya nhe-
Matjini.... Yakarray - nhe Djat'pa nhe walang - Gumurrtijararrk Gutjuk -

This land was never given up
This land was never bought and sold
The planting of the Union Jack
Never changed our law at all

Now two rivers run their course
Separated for so long
I'm dreaming of a brighter day
When the waters will be one

Treaty Yeh Treaty Now Treaty Yeh Treaty Now
Treaty Yeh Treaty Now Treaty Yeh Traty Now

Nhima djatpa nhe walang
gumurrtjararrk yawirriny Nhe gaya nhe matjini
Gaya nhe matjini Gaya gaya nhe gaya nhe
Matjini walangwalang Nhema djatpa nhe walang - Nhe gumurrtjarrk nhe ya-

Promises - Disappear - Priceless land - Destiny -
Well I heard it on the Radio - And I saw it on the Television
But promises can be broken Just like writing in the sand

Treaty Yeh
Treaty Now ....

A school mate of mine earned an absolute fortune out of producing that song (particularly the souped up club/dance version).

That stuck out like canine testicles to me.

That stuck out like canine testicles to me.
Monty Python and the Holy Grail:

You burn witches, but also wood. Therefore witches burn because they're made of wood.
Wood doesn't sink in water, neither do ducks.
So if she weighs the same as a duck, she must be made of wood, and therefore a witch.

I seemed to recall the Tassie activist Michael Mansell issued a passport, which Libya's Gaddafi recognised (and I might be wrong, but I think Rhyan Mansell, now at Richmond and ex- our Tassie Academy, is a relation)
That's him.

Yeah, might have been Libya.

They're both related to Thomas.

with a treaty
That's a start...

A treaty with who? Which nation or nations?

Might need to start with some federation or confederacy that signs the treaty and representatives of nations with people without country as well sign on to the confederacy and enter the treaty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good song... I'm seem to recall the Keating Cabinet danced along to it at their re-election party... pity they didn't actually do anything
Well they did - they wrote the native act as damage control after Mabo.

That's a start...

A treaty with who? Which nation or nations?

Might need to start with some federation or confederacy that signs the treaty and representatives of nations with people without country as well sign on to the confederacy and enter the treaty.
And there is the first logical issue, how can one sign a treaty with an authority they dont recognise?

And there is the first logical issue, how can one sign a treaty with an authority they dont recognise?

The process towards a state wide treaty has commenced in Victoria.

Wings is an unmitigated pile of shit….there I’ve said it

You sign the treaty and cede your own authority to another form of authority that didn't have legit authority over you.

bit like being an AFL player (or coach.)

I seemed to recall the Tassie activist Michael Mansell issued a passport, which Libya's Gaddafi recognised (and I might be wrong, but I think Rhyan Mansell, now at Richmond and ex- our Tassie Academy, is a relation)
I played footy against Michael Mansell back in the day. He was a playing full forward and the first time the ball came down, he took off at glacier like pace and I had him easily covered for the spoil. What I wasn't expecting was him swinging his elbow out and copping me right across the bridge of my nose. Result: me dropping to the ground like the proverbial bag of, an uncontested mark and goal.

The next time the ball came down, I decided to extract retribution by effecting what would best be described as a "crude spoil". I got him a ripper right across the jaw and he didn't even flinch. As we were jogging back to the goal square, he winked at me and said "you'll need to do better than that".

Had a couple of beers and a chat with him after the game. He told me a few stories about when he and Eric Abetz were studying law together at Tas Uni. It'd be fair to say that he wasn't Eric's biggest fan. Nice bloke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back