Coach Alastair Clarkson III - new NMFC senior coach until at least end 2027 - NMFC board approved AC to start 1/11 amid ongoing HFC racism investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This for me is the main driver of this ******* shitful behaviour. And it's not just the AFL, it's today's corporate culture in general. Money at all costs. Sure we'll plaster betting ads using children's heroes all over a footy game watched by millions of said kids. But we care about families and mental health apparently. It's *ed.

No one, first nations or otherwise, should ever put in this situation by their footy club again, the people who did this need to face consequences, and real action needs to be taken.

This! 100% accurate

If this is true, how in the * has it been kept quiet for so long?
There are a multitude of reasons as to why something like this can be “kept quiet” for a long time, reliving past traumas, fear of further ramifications, not being taken seriously, the list goes on.
It’s not for us to question in my opinion. All that matters now is that it is out there for all to see.

Yes these are allegations at this point and there is a process now to getting to the truth of it all, but questioning why something like this has taken so long to get out is a pointless pursuit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL have an integrity unit ?

I haven’t seen the episode but apparently Carline Wilson said last night on football classified that St Kilda is about to appoint a big name as the new ST Kilda head of football. Currently in that position is David Rath who worked under Clarkson (I guess so did our head coach). I wonder if this has anything to do with this story or if it is just based on our recent external performance review.

I really feel for you guys. if after an investigation, and all the facts have have been collected, and it comes out as true information. It is a pretty big thing to make up, and with three players being involved even more so.

If this is true, how in the * has it been kept quiet for so long? How does a guy like Shaun Burgoyne stay at the club for so long? How could Jeff Kennett and Co not sack everybody involved on the spot? You cant keep s**t like this secrete.

Another thing to ponder...what are the chances that the AFL knew about this before we hired Clarko? SEN insinuated that the AFL have known about this for a while.

Power.

They did it to younger players with no standing in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

There is no other side that makes any of this ok
I imagine that the other side would argue that the relationships and families were toxic, with abuse/drugs/crime involved. Maybe players getting involved in drugs/crime as a result. The coaches tried to help the young players separate themselves from that environment (maybe requested by the players or maybe after the club told them that they would be delisted if certain behaviour continued). They will say that they never demanded players to seek abortions.

I'm not saying that this is the truth or justifies everything. But I imagine that this will be the line taken as a counter argument.

Last edited:
Can’t see it being true, there is no way Burgoyne played there for so long, there is no way Buddy tolerates Clarko at his 1000 goal celebrations, there is no way Brad Hill is looking to come to North if any of this is true.

Had the same thought regarding Burgoyne and even other indigenous players who speak well of their time at Hawthorn, but it's pretty hard to deny the fact that 3 separate players/couples have reported to have experienced the same thing. I can't see this being made up.

My thoughts keep drifting towards 'I wonder when these occurred?'

These things happening 3-5 years ago hits differently to them happening 15-20 years ago - horrible either way, but Fagan has clearly built a family-like environment in Brisbane with players often referring to him as a father-like figure and Clarko also seems to have mellowed out quite a bit since his early coaching years.

Regardless of whether or not these men have changed, the victims would no doubt want justice, and/or for the pain they've experienced to be acknowledged at the very least. This is right and good.

If this is true, how in the * has it been kept quiet for so long? How does a guy like Shaun Burgoyne stay at the club for so long? How could Jeff Kennett and Co not sack everybody involved on the spot? You cant keep s**t like this secrete.

Another thing to ponder...what are the chances that the AFL knew about this before we hired Clarko? SEN insinuated that the AFL have known about this for a while.
Yep, the allegations are very serious but these are allegations at this time and people are innocent until proven otherwise.

Personally, I find it reprehensible and I would be absolutely ****ing staggered if Clarkson was involved in this. He doesn’t strike me as that kind of person.

Power.

They did it to younger players with no standing in the game.

Yes. It doesn’t matter if not all indigenous players at Hawthorn had the same treatment. Who knows, it could have played out the same if they had vulnerable young non-indigenous players with strong ties to family that the club considered a hindrance to their role in the club’s success.

The longer this story settles on me, the less I care about the impact on North Melbourne. It would be colossally shit, but this can’t be left as a fair part of how the game is run.

Yep, the allegations are very serious but these are allegations at this time and people are innocent until proven otherwise.

Personally, I find it reprehensible and I would be absolutely ******* staggered if Clarkson was involved in this. He doesn’t strike me as that kind of person.

Yeah Clarkson deserves the legal standard, but you’re happy to suggest Jed may be making this up?

Campaigner.

yep i reckon its jed having a final tell all before hes moved on

was also traded out of the hawks by clarko

This was a FULL investigation. It wasn't a quick phone call with 1 player.
Your reply is tone deaf, just crazy.

I couldn't read the full article, just so sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back