Coach Alastair Clarkson III - new NMFC senior coach until at least end 2027 - NMFC board approved AC to start 1/11 amid ongoing HFC racism investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How is that respectful of Jed if he was anonymised to give evidence?
I agree its a crass and unsensitive way of dealing with it.
I suspect that those involved in the news story realised that anonymisation was only giving those making the allegations the barest fig-leaf.
We know there's a number of indigenous Hawthorn players Clarkson has continued to have positive relationships with, meaning the pool of possible players who have been anonymised is pretty damn small.
Almost unfathomable that sections of the media won't be identifying them at some point in the near future.

Anyone confirm if this report was independant from the ABC - or did they get a hold of the Hawthorn report?

I'm sure its probably in the article, but cant seem to find it.

Without sounding like an arseh*le…and if clarko etc FORCED the player to then I hope we sack him, but…

Would it not be common for a club to discuss all options with a player if approached? Abortion is such a taboo topic where it really shouldn’t be.

There are a few things in play here. As has been said numerous time that article makes for horribly distressing reading.

There are always two sides to every story and Clarko & Fagan will be given their opportunity to tell their side. Even if the accusations don't prove to be quite as horrendous as written and the truth is somewhere in between I suspect it's still going to be very ugly.

This is a Hawthorn Football Club issue not a North Melbourne Football Club issue and whilst we will be dragged into it by the media and may very well suffer the consequences of Clarko's actions this is not a reflection on us we are not the victims in this; the 3 players are.

We need to let the investigation be completed and for the AFL to hand down their findings. Based on the outcome of that investigation I am confident that with Sonja Hood at the helm she will make the morally correct decision for the North Melbourne Football Club.

Last edited:
Why are people automatically believing the so called victims? I can easily see how this could potentially be untrue and massively exaggerated by players whose careers never took off. It happens in life. Always have to hear the other side of the story before jumping to any conclusions.

I’m confident once that happens we will move on from this. Time will tell of course

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are people automatically believing the so called victims? I can easily see how this could potentially be untrue and massively exaggerated by players whose careers never took off. It happens in life. Always have to hear the other side of the story before jumping to any conclusions.

I’m confident once that happens we will move on from this. Time will tell of course

So called victims? Wtf?

Sure let’s get all the facts but Jesus christ

With respect to the players and families involved and the sensitive nature of it all - I will wait for Clarko and if needed Sonya to come out and comment.

But this is the most North thing to happen to us in the sense that we finally gain the services of the most successful coach in the modern era and then don’t even live to see him coach 1 game before his tenure may end.
He’s still a Hawthorn employee ffs.

This is a bit crook. I don't think you'd respond this way if Clarkson wasn't our incoming coach.

With respect to the players and families involved and the sensitive nature of it all - I will wait for Clarko and if needed Sonya to come out and comment.

But this is the most North thing to happen to us in the sense that we finally gain the services of the most successful coach in the modern era and then don’t even live to see him coach 1 game before his tenure may end.
He’s still a Hawthorn employee ffs.

We will be fine. He’s passionate about indigenous issues. This couldn’t be true

Yep and oh dear, goodness and holy fucl<.

On Jed the best thing that happened to him is his lovely wife and beautiful children. He as far as I know was moved on because of his poor disposal. I don't see how that wouldn't be the truth.

I also understand how people can react to hearing something as disgusting as what has been alleged. Sometimes people just spit ball thoughts when they're distressed, of course if in a worded conversation it can be easy to pick up via their body language, and is easily corrected through said conversation.

Unfortunately on an internet forum it is written word and the nuances are easily missed.

I will wait with an uneasy feeling in my stomach, as an adopted person and I know that my poor bio mother had someone sit at the edge of her bed ensuring she would give me up. To ask someone to terminate, is next level I know that.

Her greatest regret fyi.

As for now it is allegations, and they don't get much worse I realise that, but allegations nonetheless. I hope it all comes out in the wash and those if guilty are dealt with.

But for now I can say I know about investigations and allegations and sometimes things aren't what they seem.

The sad truth though, is there are no winners in this, none.

Fucl<

I’m so saddened and shocked. Wow. Not sure where we go from here. And just when things were starting to look up.

Where to go from here? How about just find out what happened first before jumping to any conclusions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back