Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm gonna come across as sucking him off here, when the reality is that the sight of his face reminds me that some people go beyond the regular limits of the punchability spectrum, but he was one of about four or five wearing those colours that properly cracked in last night. The word 'gun' does not mean that you're so good you can choose to win finals when the odds are against you. That's called being a legend of the game. He's a gun, and if Port ever overcome whatever their handicap is, he'll be there, front and square
Gotta agree with you had another great year and is only going t get better We don't have to like what he did but doesn't change the fact that h is a gun player and will be for a long time .

If we’re on the cusp of great things close to the end of Clarko’s tenure, surely he ain’t walking away….. 🤷‍♀️
Would be the right time to adopt the EPL Manager and Head Coach approach.

Clarko stays on as Manager (retains the title of AFL Coach) a la Ferguson/Klopp. Hopefully by then is allowed back on the sidelines!

Head Coach deals with the daily/gameday Xs and Os, technical and tactical stuff. Would obviously need to be an understudy (eg Adams, Barlow) as a Simmo or Horse wouldn’t work.

Or by then, Clarko might be willing and ready to move into the Viney role and Simmo/Horse take the reins (pun intended) and lead us to glory!

Would be the right time to adopt the EPL Manager and Head Coach approach.

Clarko stays on as Manager (retains the title of AFL Coach) a la Ferguson/Klopp. Hopefully by then is allowed back on the sidelines!

Head Coach deals with the daily/gameday Xs and Os, technical and tactical stuff. Would obviously need to be an understudy (eg Adams, Barlow) as a Simmo or Horse wouldn’t work.

Or by then, Clarko might be willing and ready to move into the Viney role and Simmo/Horse take the reins (pun intended) and lead us to glory!
It didn’t work at Hawthorn, but it will be a few more years.

I disagree entirely.

Umming and aahing is generally an indication that someone is not actually present centred in their responses - effectively rambling.

when people aren’t present they aren’t 💯 sure of what’s coming out of their mouth and indicates they are fumbling for a response.

It would be useful for him to slow right down and practice some attentional training condition or no condition.

I’ve watched him analysing finals games with Lloyd as recently as this week, and there’s no stalling, umming or uhhing. Seems sure of what he’s saying and seems “in the zone”.

After North games he seems to struggle with answers because.. well, maybe he doesn’t have the answers 🤷‍♂️

Brace Yourself Here We Go GIF by MOODMAN

The bloke (JHF) couldn’t even get along with Paul Curtis, about the chillest dude on the list.

Hard to think of a worse counterpart to what Sheezel is trying to implement for our future.

Game day performance is one thing, but we’re rebuilding every facet of the club again and can’t afford a character like his imo.

TT was JHF's only friend... says it all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve watched him analysing finals games with Lloyd as recently as this week, and there’s no stalling, umming or uhhing. Seems sure of what he’s saying and seems “in the zone”.

After North games he seems to struggle with answers because.. well, maybe he doesn’t have the answers
Good to hear that though (pun not intended).

After North games he seems to struggle with answers because.. well, maybe he doesn’t have the answers 🤷‍♂️
Seems more likely to me that he's being extra careful not to slip up when he's frustrated and start another controversy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back