Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

**** it.
Calling it. Day one of season end. These spuds should be committing to a 12 weeks run club together of a marathon training block to set their endurance up.
80-100ks a week.
No better bonding and no better weakness to improve.

I strongly believe that he needs to lead some sort of catharsis event away from the football club through the upcoming preseason.

At Hawthorn they did Kokoda, early days with Brad we went to Utah. Even when we had nothing, Laids ran a military style bootcamp thing in a preseason to enshrine in the players a desire to overcome adversity.
Maybe Luffy can get the team a day pass at Mini Putt Putt Bundoora?

Didn't they go to Philip island or some embarrassing BS last year? IIRC there was a scavenger hunt or something?!
You know that any bonding exercise that they go on comes out of the soft cap, right? That means that if we want to do anything extravagant like an overseas trip for all players and coaches, we would have to go into the season with less resources in the football department. We will inevitably apply to the AFL to have special dispensation to go over our soft cap in order to bring in MORE football department support as part of a competitive equalisation assistance package (hopefully also including Sanders plus extras). But that request for soft cap room would be laughed out of the commission if we are spending money on colonics in Icelandic mineral springs.

I strongly believe that he needs to lead some sort of catharsis event away from the football club through the upcoming preseason.

At Hawthorn they did Kokoda, early days with Brad we went to Utah. Even when we had nothing, Laids ran a military style bootcamp thing in a preseason to enshrine in the players a desire to overcome adversity.

As a collective I think that we need some sort of psychological circuit breaker. Something that can combine team bonding with something that pushes them physically and mentally and makes them collectively more reliant upon each other. Something that is more than running, weights, game sense stuff. Something that challenges who they are are what they are doing.

A collective colonic for the club to rid itself of the utter s**t that it has been over the last 6 years. Something to drive a stake into the ground that says the North Melbourne of the future will not be defined by anything from; Brad Scott's failings, by unceremoniously delisting champions, by hub breakdowns or high end talent running away, by losing steaks, or by wooden f***ing spoons.

However it will be defined by a dedication to doing the things the victory demands.

I’m sure I’ve read somewhere that these training camps have been impacted by reduced soft cap.

They might have to head to Clarko’s farm and build something then sit around a campfire sinking tins.

I’m sure I’ve read somewhere that these training camps have been impacted by reduced soft cap.

They might have to head to Clarko’s farm and build something then sit around a campfire sinking tins.
Get the guitar out clarko!!!

You know that any bonding exercise that they go on comes out of the soft cap, right? That means that if we want to do anything extravagant like an overseas trip for all players and coaches, we would have to go into the season with less resources in the football department. We will inevitably apply to the AFL to have special dispensation to go over our soft cap in order to bring in MORE football department support as part of a competitive equalisation assistance package (hopefully also including Sanders plus extras). But that request for soft cap room would be laughed out of the commission if we are spending money on colonics in Icelandic mineral springs.
A month in the wilds of Iceland might just toughen some of them up. Helicopter them in to the side of a live volcano 100 kms from civilisation with Swiss Army knife each and a survival kit, no compass. Whoever we don’t have to bury makes the cut 👍

So we take the overseas and extravagant off the table. Surely there are answers to the do something difficult, that is not football related but is physical and requires reliance on each other to get through that wouldn't blow up the cap.

In the 2006 preseason the club were able to run the sort of exercise I am talking about and we had a facility that we were getting Corey Jones to repair on his days off.

I mean we could probably get the same people in that we did in 2006 and they can run around with lumps of metal the way that they did back then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarko and Todd should pack the boys onto the Frankston train on a Saturday night and those who make it back to Flinders St earn the right to play in round one.

You know that any bonding exercise that they go on comes out of the soft cap, right? ... But that request for soft cap room would be laughed out of the commission if we are spending money on colonics in Icelandic mineral springs.
How about four dozen bottles of Voss, a hose and a hot water bottle?

As a collective I think that we need some sort of psychological circuit breaker. Something that can combine team bonding with something that pushes them physically and mentally and makes them collectively more reliant upon each other. Something that is more than running, weights, game sense stuff. Something that challenges who they are are what they are doing.

A collective colonic for the club to rid itself of the utter s**t that it has been over the last 6 years. Something to drive a stake into the ground that says the North Melbourne of the future will not be defined by anything from; Brad Scott's failings, by unceremoniously delisting champions, by hub breakdowns or high end talent running away, by losing steaks, or by wooden f***ing spoons.

However it will be defined by a dedication to doing the things the victory demands.
I’ve heard Collective Mind are really good

They can lend a hand to Ratten as he catches up planting those trees.

Where is that 1000 step joint, maybe set a harsh minimum time, and failure to get under it, try, and try again, if not, Giants seem pretty tight, and they sorted brown rice from white.
I do the steps every week, and even though I pass the Asian tourists with ease, I wouldn't say my fitness is top notch. The thought regularly crosses my mind as I puff and pant my way up there that there are blokes on our list who probably wouldn't complete it much faster than me

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back